Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
A heads up as to what? The HOA document package is often 600 pages. There are often 50 pages of rules. The vast majority of people will never have trouble with any of it. But I can't tell what your needs are...

I can get you the book. I can mostly answer specific questions. But I cannot paraphrase a 600 page legal document into a short conversation.

Read it. If you don't...don't complain .

I handle all the rational needs of my clients. I even handle many of the irrational ones. They are my source of future revenue and I treat them very well.

Now if you hired a stupid agent who does not understand that...well...
You sound like a far left liberal!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
You sound like a far left liberal!
Spot on!!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Chanced across this illustrating the bad neighbor problem. It is about as extreme as our target HOA...

Neighborhood wary as ex-parolee moves back in - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2278115.html - broken link)

You may have to register but it is an innocuous site.
Hmm IDK I might consider this guy a "good" neighbor. I'd be pissed if someone was running an autobody shop out of their home too. He had every right to report them. We don't really know his story. Hope he can enjoy his home again. It does remind me of the Eastwood movie.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Spot on!!

YOu give each of your clients a detailed analysis of the HOA docs on each property they express an interest in GD? That is what this guy wants.

So you think a conservative Realtor would give it to him?

Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
You give each of your clients a detailed analysis of the HOA docs on each property they express an interest in GD? That is what this guy wants.

So you think a conservative Realtor would give it to him?
I'm a conservative Realtor so here goes.... most HOAs around here charge $100 to $300 to provide a set of Docs to a buyer which is nothing but a money making ploy since most now come on a CD and not paper. The state I believe is trying to pass laws so the Docs are posted on line.

We cannot get current docs without incurring an expense.

But the great state of TX does give the buyer the unrestricted right to terminate a contract for 7 days once they get the documents. I'm not real crazy about that 7 day period but the buyer can't say they were not given the ability to walk.

Funny, very few buyers actually read those HOA documents.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm a conservative Realtor so here goes.... most HOAs around here charge $100 to $300 to provide a set of Docs to a buyer which is nothing but a money making ploy since most now come on a CD and not paper. The state I believe is trying to pass laws so the Docs are posted on line.

But the great state of TX does give the buyer the unrestricted right to terminate a contract for 7 days once they get the documents. I'm not real crazy about that 7 day period but the buyer can't say they were not given the ability to walk.

It's really relatively easy to get the restrictions, which is what most buyers really want to read - many of them are online already and sometimes the listing agent has been pro-active (knowing that they'll need them anyway for ANY sale) and gotten a copy already.

If you depend on the 7 day period after receiving the docs, your buyer has most likely already spent money on the inspection. Having the docs required to be online would be a good thing, I would think.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

No no...for goodness sake any RE Agent does that. GD appears to be implying that conservatives ones read the thing and develop a 10 page synopsis reflecting the wants and needs of each client. Don't you do that?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
It's really relatively easy to get the restrictions, which is what most buyers really want to read - many of them are online already and sometimes the listing agent has been pro-active (knowing that they'll need them anyway for ANY sale) and gotten a copy already.

If you depend on the 7 day period after receiving the docs, your buyer has most likely already spent money on the inspection. Having the docs required to be online would be a good thing, I would think.

In NV and many places the docs have to be current. Need the latest board meeting for instance and the latest version of the rules. The only way I know to get this practically is to constantly monitor the HOA or get them from the HOA. Given the hundreds of HOAs here I don't think I am going the monitoring route.

I too would love to see the current docs maintained on line in the public view. I can however hear the cry from the HOAs "We are being forced to maintain documents for the benefits of those RE Agents who don't want to compensate us for the costs"

I remain amazed though that the "conservative" RE Agents have time to do custom analysis for each client of each HOA. That is really nice for the client.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
I'm amazed that some folks seem to insist on bringing politics into every aspect of every discussion, as if that were the only Really Important Thing That Matters.

Could we please just NOT have politics dragged into everything?

Old 10-27-2009, 11:30 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
With all due respect, I think any decent agent would provide HOA docs, whether they incur a cost or not. That's part of doing business and you are self employed. I don't see anything political about it. My agent demanded the listing agent provide them. We had to ask twice as the first time he sent an incomplete copy. Turns out they are also online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate