Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times

Advertisements

Okay Barb, don't drink all that wine before you get done packing....you might put hubby in a box and wind up sleeping with the toaster !!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a long battle well fought!
an old Irish blessing for you

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey,

A cheer you up video:

Copied this from the pet forum...so cute:

Twin Baby Moose and Sprinkler - Video
TYVM for the video Tambre it was so cute!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
We have another showing today... this is the 6th showing in 6 days... but still no offers... not that I was expecting one. Please send those good thoughts our way!

My realtor is coming over to (finally) bring the flyers and to collect the cards of the realtors who have been here so that he can call them and get feedback... should be interesting.

To all of you other sellers.. my thougts are with you.
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Hopefully with all these showings an offer will come soon!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi friends..well I have not been online all day, obviously up to my neck in packing. seems like the more I do, the bigger mess we have...if he thinks we are gonna be done by tomorrow afternoon, I have news for him. Most of it just needs to be tossed in a box and marked 'storage' or 'WA'. It's just really a lot more overwhelming than I thought, and he says a while ago, I hope most of this stuff is going to storage...lol...I might have to store more than I thought...have a refrigerator in the garage I need to empty and shut off and clean so he can take it to storage tomorrow..then we are going to dinner with neighbors tonight at 6, I have no business going anywhere for dinner or otherwise, if I could I would back out, but it's not like I can tell them next week. then tomorrow morning we are going to breakfast with other neighbor couple. Nope, not gonna get done tomorrow..

We signed the escrow papers this morning, it wasn't as painful as I thought. I have been having waves of sadness roll over me all week, but when we walked out of the escrow office, with 2 bottles of wine in my hand from our agent, I actually felt like it was ok. Maybe because now it is a done deal. So here we sit in someone else's house. Wierd.

Ok gotta get back to work here, yuk is all I can say. Not doing this again...just move it out of storage to new digs in a few months...

Good luck to everyone on your showings this weekend, I am praying for lots of offers...come on peeps BuY!
Barb

I am sure you are beat but you will be on your way soon and this will all be past you. Enjoy the time with your friends and then come home and share some wine with Carl!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:22 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Barb..........Let out a sigh of relief for the papers finally getting signed. I would have been nervous as all get out before that point in time. Glad it's over with! I have every faith that all the packing will get done even with going out to eat. If anybody offers to help, I would sure take them up on it! I would gladly help if I were closer.

Of course we don't have any showing this weekend. I am hoping that with the announcement that the mortgage rates are probably going to go up that maybe that will get people off their duffs. I'm going to be doing some packing of my own this weekend. While hubby is working on replacing the lattice underneath our back porch, I'm going to be packing up Fenton pieces. I also need to pack up some of my more delicate crystal (Waterford, etc.) to go into a Rubbermaid to be transported in the van with me. Definately NOT going into the truck! Just have to find the right packing and cushioning material for it. I also need to start packing the rest of my scrapbooking stuff that won't just be left where it is for transporting. Unfortunately because we live in a split level a lot of stuff has to go down 2 flights of steps to get to the truck. So it will be unload the stuff out of things, take it all downstairs and then reload it up in the truck.........things like my files with all my cardstock and papers in them as well as magazines that I am keeping, etc.

Here's lots of selling karma to everybody for this weekend!!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Barb..........Let out a sigh of relief for the papers finally getting signed. I would have been nervous as all get out before that point in time. Glad it's over with! I have every faith that all the packing will get done even with going out to eat. If anybody offers to help, I would sure take them up on it! I would gladly help if I were closer.

Of course we don't have any showing this weekend. I am hoping that with the announcement that the mortgage rates are probably going to go up that maybe that will get people off their duffs. I'm going to be doing some packing of my own this weekend. While hubby is working on replacing the lattice underneath our back porch, I'm going to be packing up Fenton pieces. I also need to pack up some of my more delicate crystal (Waterford, etc.) to go into a Rubbermaid to be transported in the van with me. Definately NOT going into the truck! Just have to find the right packing and cushioning material for it. I also need to start packing the rest of my scrapbooking stuff that won't just be left where it is for transporting. Unfortunately because we live in a split level a lot of stuff has to go down 2 flights of steps to get to the truck. So it will be unload the stuff out of things, take it all downstairs and then reload it up in the truck.........things like my files with all my cardstock and papers in them as well as magazines that I am keeping, etc.

Here's lots of selling karma to everybody for this weekend!!
Now never say never, you might get a showing this weekend, you just never know..our dinner was nice, no wine for me until we get to WA now, I need a clear head and no naps, lol.

You are all so sweet to offer to help me pack, I think if we were all together nothing would get done, CrazyMa would have us in stitches with her poems..we would be drinking wine, no sounds like a fun girls weekend, but not good for packing!!

Carl is asleep already, just very tired..our bodies are getting too old for this stuff..I don't think his shoulder will ever be the same..

Heading to bed, nighty night!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Okay Barb, don't drink all that wine before you get done packing....you might put hubby in a box and wind up sleeping with the toaster !!!

CONGRATULATIONS on a long battle well fought!
an old Irish blessing for you

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire!
Ok now I want to cry, that is so sweet...thank you my friend..I am not going anywhere, I will still be here to cheer everyone on...maybe I can put my thinking cap on once we are in our new digs..although I am not very poetic..
Cheers and goodnight my friend!

Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Oh woe crayma is tired before the 'morrow! I bid you adieu....
A nightcap for the peeps

“I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love.” –Dewitt Bodeen

Fear not peeps.....
not far in the future you will again have a house you love, with all your treasures out and your memories swirling around, bringing laughter to your soul and making it home!

damn staging & showings

"I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love."

-- Dewitt Bodeen [LEFT]"I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love."

-- Dewitt Bodeen --
[/LEFT]

"I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love."

-- Dewitt Bodeen

Old 08-09-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Oh woe crayma is tired before the 'morrow! I bid you adieu....
A nightcap for the peeps

“I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love.” –Dewitt Bodeen

Fear not peeps.....
not far in the future you will again have a house you love, with all your treasures out and your memories swirling around, bringing laughter to your soul and making it home!

damn staging & showings

-- Dewitt Bodeen [LEFT]"I like to see a home like this, a home connected with people’s thoughts and work, things they love."

-- Dewitt Bodeen --
[/LEFT]

-- Dewitt Bodeen

TYVM Crazyma, that was so sweet,and I wish the same for you and all of you who have become a part of this great support group. It has helped me more than I can ever tell you and I want you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Dogmom TYVM for really starting all this and giving us hope.
Crazyma, I can't tell you how much your poems and humor help.
The one thing that is truly a blessing in all this is if we all had never gone through this we never would have met each other.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 AM

Judy that is so true...if not for all this craziness we would never have met each other...

I couldn't sleep, bad dream, but really tired so might try to go back to bed..nighty night again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate