Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 03:04 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

How many of you are going crazy, lol, as far as fixing meals while you house is on the market?
Now, I am skittish about leaving a crockpot on if I am not at home at all...so that part is up to you...in and out is okay to me tho'.

I suggest getting your crock pot out and making use of it?! Less mess, but homecooking! Get a big ole hunk of beef (manager markdown special even better!), slap that beast in there with some quartered taters, couple of handfuls of baby carrots, cup of frozen limas, some onion, celery, whatever seasonings, and your 1/2 cup liquid. Cook on high about 8-10 hours. Voila! first nights meal and don't pig ouit too much and you have roast beast for one or more additional meals.
Or do a big ole pot of chicken parts -n- pieces, or a pork roast (eat some and chop up the rest for easy to fix bbq sanwiches)

The up side??
Man oh man, somebody comes in for a showing while that pot is a cooking and smelling that house up, wwwooo ey, they mouth is gonna water and they gonna say we got to have this place, smell dat kitchen!!! We could be having supper here too!

Hey you never know

Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
'member that ole saying a watched pot never boils? Well peeps that is good advice. Show your house and put it out of your mind...if you don't you will go stark raving loony.....
think if it this way...don't expect ,then you won't get hurt.
And when it does happen, it will be so so much 'sweeter'!!! Heads up, eyes open and be watchful, not brooding

Crayzma....your equal opportunity optimistic pessimist..
or is that pessimistic optimist???
Very good advice Crazyma! I am trying very hard! I am one of those who prays and tells God I am leaving it in his hands, then the next thing I know I have taken it back, give,take,give. I am my own worst enemy lol! I know no one knows better than he does but the brain and emotions have a conflict. I am doing better though slowly but surely.

I loved reading "This House" that was beautiful!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
How many of you are going crazy, lol, as far as fixing meals while you house is on the market?
Now, I am skittish about leaving a crockpot on if I am not at home at all...so that part is up to you...in and out is okay to me tho'.

I suggest getting your crock pot out and making use of it?! Less mess, but homecooking! Get a big ole hunk of beef (manager markdown special even better!), slap that beast in there with some quartered taters, couple of handfuls of baby carrots, cup of frozen limas, some onion, celery, whatever seasonings, and your 1/2 cup liquid. Cook on high about 8-10 hours. Voila! first nights meal and don't pig ouit too much and you have roast beast for one or more additional meals.
Or do a big ole pot of chicken parts -n- pieces, or a pork roast (eat some and chop up the rest for easy to fix bbq sanwiches)

The up side??
Man oh man, somebody comes in for a showing while that pot is a cooking and smelling that house up, wwwooo ey, they mouth is gonna water and they gonna say we got to have this place, smell dat kitchen!!! We could be having supper here too!

Hey you never know
Great idea! I don't have a crockpot but I have a Nesco Roaster which is about the same and I do have left over turkey and all the ingredients for my homemade turkey soup!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM

Hey Judy...hmmm homemade soup...luv it! Talk about an easy meal! All those leftovers make for great soup/stews. When I come up with what I call stoup, I tell hubby, don't know what it is, but it'll fill ya up!!

Hey here is something you peeps might like... has to do with the Bible, and patience
http://www.e-devotionals.org/Verses/ve980614.htm

Last edited by crazyma; 08-13-2008 at 04:59 PM..

Old 08-13-2008, 04:58 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
ok, here's my contribution, if it works. it's not poetry, but some good words to get our minds 'back on track'. at least the music is cute!
The Train of Life

oh wait, it is poetic. duh

Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM

Awesome stoymonkey!! I sure like that and the toe tapping music. Makes
me want to jump in the car and just take off and see the world!
what a great line for sellers and buyers! I want to see what life unfolds,
As I move from place to place

Old 08-13-2008, 05:07 PM

152 posts, read 432,634 times
Quote:

Hey you never know
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I think you're onto something here!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:12 PM

657 posts, read 1,788,407 times
i was thinkin the same thing about that crockpot.. how yummy does that smell! might be to tempting for the lookers tho.lol.
my showing went great.. lookers are very interested. just waiting to hear if they like it after they look at a couple more.
im in the mood for stew now. lol.
hope you all are doing well, your all in my thoughts everyday!!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:27 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Im a HUGE crockpot advocate. Haven't cooked much in it this summer...but boy oh boy come fall and winter its my bestfriend. From stew to roast and and even desserts... yum I made a crockpot bread pudding and someone looked at the house and complimented on how yummy it smelled in here.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 PM

My Realtor called and after all is said and done the guy said our city made it very difficult to go ahead with his plans so he went into escrow today on a property in a different city. We now have no one who is serious about the property. I don't know what to say but I have had it. I am going to bed and hopefully I will be able to sleep for a week at least. This has gone on since November and I so very tired of it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate