Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 01:08 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,141,708 times

Advertisements

So, my house smells slightly like a dog kennel, and since we are trying to sell, I just went to Lowes and rented the Rug Doctor. Got the blasted thing home, and it doesn't work, so we drag it all the way back, and return it. The people behind the counter didn't even say we're "sorry", even though I don't think it's their fault, it would have been nice. So, I get my feather's ruffled, and don't rent another one...now I get to sit in my slightly stinky house, feeling all pissed off at nobody. Wish I knew of a good brand, I might just buy one. This is the second one I have rented lately that doesn't work. The problem is, since we plan on moving, it is just one more thing to move. Hope everyone's having a great day, and if you have any extra patience I could use some.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,171,300 times
hey Tambre
try this stuff, I can't believe how fresh, not cloying to me, it smells, and it really helps pick up dog hair. sprinkle it around and let it sit a bit, then vac.

Darn, I went to make sure of the name and I realized I am out!!
OH...let's see tall yellow box...Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh Carpet deodorizer pixie dust I think that is the name...... Should be near the air freshener stuff, near the Bissell, etc.
You might like it too

Old 08-16-2008, 03:15 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,812,044 times
Tambre-CrazyMa's right-use that it works wonders. Also Baking soda works but you won't get that after-smell.

Also get Febreeze and spray capets, furniture daily.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,599,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So, my house smells slightly like a dog kennel, and since we are trying to sell, I just went to Lowes and rented the Rug Doctor. Got the blasted thing home, and it doesn't work, so we drag it all the way back, and return it. The people behind the counter didn't even say we're "sorry", even though I don't think it's their fault, it would have been nice. So, I get my feather's ruffled, and don't rent another one...now I get to sit in my slightly stinky house, feeling all pissed off at nobody. Wish I knew of a good brand, I might just buy one. This is the second one I have rented lately that doesn't work. The problem is, since we plan on moving, it is just one more thing to move. Hope everyone's having a great day, and if you have any extra patience I could use some.
we have one thats brilliant it is a hoover steam vac got it from Best Buy have a look on their site it wasn't that expensive and had the best ratings

Old 08-16-2008, 03:32 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
Hi peeps..I slept in until 10 this morning..well actually got up at 6, 2 cups of coffee later I went back to bed..guess I needed the sleep. Been 'trying' to put boxes away, what a joke. I am happy though, no venting from me.

Judy! Your city sounds horrible..you would think they would welcome new business into town....too bad they won't buy your property with eminent domain, except pay you a huge amount,then you could just leave. I am sending prayers your way..what is so frustrating, I'm sure, is there is nothing you can do, well it's out of your control, the right buyer has not come along yet....hang in there girlfriend!

CrazyMa! That landlord is a greedy ba**ard...poor girl...what goes around comes around..he would never have done that to her husband..and that ticks me off even more...

Going to my cousin's for dinner tonight, or out to dinner, they live in Hoquiam, about 20 miles from here, on the coast. We have not left the dogs yet here for longer than about an hour, hope they don't come unglued or tear the place apart...we won't stay out long, two, three hours. They have to get used to being here alone..they are just so stressed still from the move.

I had to go back into my settings and reset for instant email notification, I did not get any forum notifications since last night...couldn't figure out why I haven't had much email today, lol. You peeps are my most important emails!

Later, pixie dust to all for getting those offers!

Old 08-16-2008, 05:08 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,141,708 times
Hey everyone,

Dogmom, enjoy your dinner out. You deserve some R & R after all you've been through. Unpacking and putting all the household stuff away is so rewarding. It's just trying to remember where you put it all that's hard! Any news on showings, anyone? Any offers? Keep the faith!

As far as doggie odor, I have some of the carpet pixie dust, and love it, but the smell keeps coming back. It's nice when you vacuum though, the whole house smells good. My dh hates it...maybe if they made a garlic scent, he would be happy. I'm seriously thinking of buying the Hoover Steam Vac, not just for the odor, but also the light colored rugs tend to show the dirt, so it's probably a good idea to steam clean. Maybe also go to the source, and give the dogs a bath. Ugh, it's exhausting just thinking about it. They are 120lbs and 95 lbs. Next time, we're getting a dog that can fit in the sink!

Old 08-16-2008, 05:25 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,599,428 times
You should do what we do with our dogs have trained them to stand in the shower and I wash them in there - much easier

Old 08-16-2008, 06:29 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,886,956 times
I thought in all this selling mess I would give everyone a chance to smile, so here it is and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you have read it before it should still bring you a smile........

Shirley & Marcy

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school.
He didn't want his mother to walk with him.
She wanted to give him the feeling that he had some independence but yet
know that he was safe.

So she had an idea of how to handle it.
She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school in the
mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't notice her.

She said that since she was up early with her toddler anyway, it would
be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.

The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following
behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor girl he knew.
She did this for the whole week.

As t he two walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs, Timmy's little
friend noticed the same lady was following them as she seemed to do
every day all week.
Finally she said to Timmy, 'Have you noticed that lady following us to
school all week?

Do you know her?'
Timmy nonchalantly replied, 'Yeah, I know who she is.'
The little girl said, 'Well, who is she?'
'That's just Shirley Goodnest,' Timmy replied, 'and her daughter Marcy.'
'Shirley Goodnest? Who the heck is she and why is she following us? '

'Well,' Timmy explained, 'every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm
with my prayers, 'cuz she worries about me so much.
And in the Psalm, it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me
all the days of my life', so I guess I'll just have to get used to it!'

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon
you, and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift His countenance upon you,
and give you peace.
May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today and always.

I know you smiled! I sure did,

Prayers and Pixie dust *-*-*-*-*-* to you all!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
we have one thats brilliant it is a hoover steam vac got it from Best Buy have a look on their site it wasn't that expensive and had the best ratings

Five stars for the hoover steam vac. With three dogs and many steam vacs of all sizes over the years that one is the best. That cleans whatever your furbabie does. Even the dreaded barf which one of our dogs could get a gold medal for.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,777,180 times
I really enjoyed everyones' posts and cute stories today ! I'm kind of beat from my home showings/cleaning earlier, so I will be keeping this short and sweet (how very lucky you all are - lol )!!!

No news yet on whether any of my PB's liked the house, but they were both here for quite awhile, so we'll see . My agent is on vacation and due back tomorrow. Hopefully he will arrive home to 2 offers on my house and an all out BIDDING WAR !

I will continue to pray for ALL of you wonderful women ! Even if you've SOLD, you may be buying soon or just all the stress of a new place, etc. is good reason to lift you up in prayer !

Barb, I would love to know more about your new home and location. I had at one time considered WA. Is there a reason that you and Carl kept a mobile home there? Is it a nice place? Do you own the land or pay space rent? Are they any large employers in the area or is it mostly retirees? When you have a free moment, I'd love to hear more about it !

Have a wonderful Sunday!

God bless,

~HDL~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.