Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 07:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Michie glad all worked out and you made it safely and congrats to hubby on the job.

CrazyMa-I owned a consignment shop in NJ and it was mind blowing what people would bring in to sell for pennies on the dollar. I had one who was beyond a compulsive buyer and would bring in at least 20 brand new blouses w/$75 tags and want them sold for $4.95. I also had furniture from Pier One that she would bring in. My daughter got those pieces for the home she was building.

Of course as the owner I had first dibs!!! And I have quite a few designer suits,etc.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:23 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,669,361 times
Thanks for the pixie dust, everyone!

The realtor for our rented house thinks we should list it at $189k, which would leave us bringing money to closing right off the bat. I am more realistic than DH, who wants it listed at $197k. We will list at $193,900 and go down in 30 days if needed.

The tenants are staying after their year lease is up on a month-to-month basis. At least we can count on that $1100 a month toward the mortgage and taxes.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
hey hope all of you are doing well this day! And that buyers are out looking!

Well drama drama....DD left Seatltle for Atlanta this morning. I get a call from her at 7 (her time) this morning and guess who forget to leave her key so the dog sitter can get in the house????? And is sitting in the airport getting ready to board? with the key in her pocket? And her hubby is out to sea with the extras accidently taken with him?
And I am in Wichita. I may be powerful, LOL, but not that much!!
Why me Lord..........one of those rock and a hard place situations. Well a courier is out, no time to get the key to anyone, anything........
I usually irritate the stew out of her 'reminding' her to do this or that. I never said anything about the key.........(think anyone listened back when I said hide a key or give one to a neighbor...uh uh no)
so now we have been thinking up different scenarios to get the gal in the house to the dog...$170 to overnite the key, about 40 to get it there Mon

the best I think so far the neighbor here suggested. For her to call the plice there and see of they will meet the dog sitter there and try to get in...and be standing by to call a locksmith....at least the neighbor can verify she left today........
with any luck left a door unlocked....maybe ditzy blonde will work in her favor for once????

SO I need to run they will be landing very soon and I bet I am gonna get another call. I know I should let her sink or swim... but I am Mom, and the job will never end
Thank God she is 'good' and her drama is usually laughable in the long run...

well off , you guys keep it real!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Thanks crazyma for the invite. Here is my story as posted on a different thread.

We have had our house on the market for 1 1/2 months and have had absolutely NO showings. People look at it online and take pamphlets, but nothing.

I have adjusted my price $70,000 (started at $469,900 went to 447,000 to $425,000 and we are now at $400,000). I did the last drop because that is what the agents at my broker open all said we needed to do.

I have staged better, had an open house, and now have a virtual tour of my house online. Nothing.

I just don't know if I can do this anymore. It is so depressing everyday to not have a single person look at my home.

I am just really sad today about it.

Kristine

Old 08-23-2008, 04:46 PM

OH Kristine, WELCOME!! Aww, c'mon ..cheer up a little...you have come to a happy little place Seems like most of our posse is out and about today...but you can expect a kind welcome and some selling pixie dust and mojo...Everyone here can understand how you are feeling! Did you follow Dogmom's story?? Well when she least expected it a seller showed up...cash~!

So I need to run, dinner out with friends. But I will come back later and welcome you with a crazyma poem

here's a quickie ( not to be confused with marathon lookers

Kristine has a pout
doesn't smile
come hang out
with us for a while !!

wooo wooo sellers UNITE ~~~~~~~~seller boogie~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-23-2008, 08:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Thanks crazyma for the invite. Here is my story as posted on a different thread.

We have had our house on the market for 1 1/2 months and have had absolutely NO showings. People look at it online and take pamphlets, but nothing.

I have adjusted my price $70,000 (started at $469,900 went to 447,000 to $425,000 and we are now at $400,000). I did the last drop because that is what the agents at my broker open all said we needed to do.

I have staged better, had an open house, and now have a virtual tour of my house online. Nothing.

I just don't know if I can do this anymore. It is so depressing everyday to not have a single person look at my home.

I am just really sad today about it.

Kristine
Hi Kristine and welcome
Crazyma is right that right person will come along just like they did for dogmom and our story is not that much different. We had a garage sale and this woman wanted to see our home hubby took her around while I manned the garage sale. A few weeks later when our movers had just pulled away we got a phone call from our realtor saying we had an offer. That lady and her fiance bought our home. Strange but so true. This is such an unbelievable market it is. BTW our old home was in FL one of the hardest markets to sell in and you are doing the right thing by dropping your price. It is so hard to do put you are getting hits on line and also people are taking your pamphlets. Good sign.
Good luck.
Lorrie

Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hi Kristine and welcome to the crazy place, nut house or what have you, lol. Yes I have a bizarre story and you should read up, you will feel better. We did finally sell, after we dropped the price to below imaginable and then we had less than 2 weeks to move. All of our worldy goods, for the most part, are in two storage units in our old hometown. Here we are 1200 miles away in the beautiful Pacific Northwest (WA) and we are in an almost 800 sq feet mobile home that we had mostly furnished a year and a half ago when we bought it as a summer place.

I had a wierd day. Slept in, well actually was up at 3:30 a.m. but went back to bed. Got up, admired the new carpet that got installed yesterday, was sitting here with the dogs and heard a huge CRASH. We all jumped..have you ever seen 3 dogs jump off all 4 legs..hehe..anyway, the rod in the closet fell. Kaboom. 900 lbs of my clothes on the floor of the closet. Its a old place. So we had to take all the clothes, pile them on the bed, and hubby had to reinforce the rod and supports. Hung all the clothes back up. That was my day. I am tired. I have too many clothes. But that's not what made the rod crash, just old I guess, lol.

I will post more pics in an album when i find the cable and adapter for my camera so I can upload some pictures. I can't find squat. Dogmom is tired, heading to bed..hugs all around)

PS CrazyMa..I can totally understand forgetting to leave a key for the dogsitter. I'm sure they will figure it out...the dog is probably enjoying the quiet, lol..

Old 08-24-2008, 05:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Welcome Kristine-you'll find lots of great support and caring people here. We're all in the same boat and occassionally all fel like we're sinking. Hang in and come here often.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Default Your house is fantastic!

Welcome Kristine. You are not alone with your seller's angst. Your house is absolutely gorgeous, and I think the pictures are fantastic. All you need is the right buyer, that one who is the perfect fit. I wish I had a house like yours to sell! Someone needs to come along who will appreciate an awesome house like yours. Hang in there.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Good morning all! It's a beautiful day to BUY a hosue!! Can I get a AMEN>>

dogmom, too funny about the closet rod....even though it had to be a PITA

The key saga ended well. I had called locksmiths out there and found one who agreed to meet the dogsitter. DD took over from there, SO the dog is sprung
Maybe the next time Mom says make a extra key or two, and hide or give one to a neighbor SOMEONE will listen, eh?? LOL

We noticed yesterday that a house in our neighborhood had a sold sign. It had been on the market about 1.5 yrs, had a new realtor about 6 wks ago & lowered price 10K.
So that is good. And heard another one sold. Maybe by March there won't be any for sale around us and if we re- list there won't be all this 'cheap' desperation selling. It is a fiarly desirable area, and it would be nice to be the only one available
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate