Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,077 times

Advertisements

Sorry lacey for the POOR choice of the buyers.What were they thinking? It would be interesting to find out how much they paid for the other house.Your buyer is right around the corner.
Lorrie

Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,812,044 times
Thanx Lorrie-you just can't figure folks out can you? By mature trees-they're referring to a "buffer" behind them-as there are no big trees as this was formerly a golf course.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,264,568 times
No showings lately. :-\ I'm hoping I'll get a showing this week.

We're having an open house this Sunday. It's been months (spring?) since our last open house. If we don't get an offer the week following our open house, we're dropping the price again. As much as I hate it.

The house down the street from us is under contract now. Yeah, it's cheaper than ours, but has less to offer and is near an entrance to our neighborhood where there's a busy road.

Two more houses are now for sale in our neighborhood. Bringing the total to about five. One is being sold "as is" for pretty cheap and has a garage. (We have a garage also.) The other is on a cul-de-sac and costs more than ours. The owners have put in hardwood floors. I consider this our main competition now. Most people love hardwood floors and cul-de-sacs.

So, yeah, I've been feeling discouraged. I had really hoped and prayed that our house would be under contract by the end of last month. Now I'm praying it happens this week or next. I'd love to be in our new (to us) home for Fall and Thanksgiving and Christmas. *sigh*

Old 09-03-2008, 02:55 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,437,413 times
Well I am down to 2 other properties locally with 5 or more acres and we all have been on the market for a year! One is twice as much as mine with alot more land and the other is a flipper that the guy wants to just unload-cheap. Have to laugh at it tho, he put in black and white vinyl diamond pattern in all 2000 sq ft, it is ugly!!! I too am holding out that we will be moved in time for christmas.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:59 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,886,956 times
Niki I hope your open house is a success. I know what you mean about being in your new home for the holidays. I remember packing away the Christmas stuff after the holidays and hoping that I would be opening them up in my new house. I guess I will open them up here instead.
Pixie dust and prayers that we will all be able to get our homes sold soon!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,264,568 times
I thought the same thing. We put our house on the market right after Thanksgiving last year and after that Christmas, I really hoped and expected that we'd be in our new house for this Christmas, as well as Thanksgiving and summer and Easter. lol Oh, well. Maybe it will happen by the fall. If we have to lower our price again (which I pretty much expect), I'm hoping that'll motivate previous lookers to make an offer.

I also packed up as much as I could of things that were sitting around our house. Knick-knacks, unnecessary pieces of furniture, photo albums (they were on our closet shelf), a lot of my kids' toys, even books. A few weeks ago, I had my husband get my books out of the attic. I took down most of the remaining knick-knacks, packed them up and replaced them with my books. I missed those books more than I thought I would. lol I have several I still need to read and I've really been wanting to read them. Plus, I think they probably look better on the shelves than knick-knacks, which I'm trying to get away from decorating with anyway. Some things are just hard to let go of. lol

Anyway, I didn't think I'd have my things packed up and put away in the attic for so long. I miss my stuff. lol

Old 09-03-2008, 04:03 PM

336 posts, read 863,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I thought the same thing. We put our house on the market right after Thanksgiving last year and after that Christmas, I really hoped and expected that we'd be in our new house for this Christmas, as well as Thanksgiving and summer and Easter. lol Oh, well. Maybe it will happen by the fall. If we have to lower our price again (which I pretty much expect), I'm hoping that'll motivate previous lookers to make an offer.

I also packed up as much as I could of things that were sitting around our house. Knick-knacks, unnecessary pieces of furniture, photo albums (they were on our closet shelf), a lot of my kids' toys, even books. A few weeks ago, I had my husband get my books out of the attic. I took down most of the remaining knick-knacks, packed them up and replaced them with my books. I missed those books more than I thought I would. lol I have several I still need to read and I've really been wanting to read them. Plus, I think they probably look better on the shelves than knick-knacks, which I'm trying to get away from decorating with anyway. Some things are just hard to let go of. lol

Anyway, I didn't think I'd have my things packed up and put away in the attic for so long. I miss my stuff. lol
Oh girl how I can so relate to you. We have been on the market about the same amount of time. We first listed in early nov of last year and I so thought we would be sitting pretty celebrating christmas and the new year in our new home.....now its sept and we are still here. I so miss alot of my stuff that is up in storage like cook books and a lot of my summer clothes were in storage so I had to by new..guess thats my excuse for shopping. Well we are sitting and waiting our current contract ends in 4 weeks from friday. Not sure if we are going to relist with our agent ( I love her she is nice) but really feel she could be doing more for us..but we will see. So far no calls or showings this week as of yet just finished cleaning and making the house nice and tidy and dust free, that usally gets my phone ringing. Wish someone would call and want to come over right now my house smells like lemons and a stager that came over said that the smell of lemons in a house gets buyers more motivated to write up offers because the smell is a clean smell. Not sure how true that is but that is what she said. Maybe its a buyers aphordisiac LOL!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:43 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,261,331 times
I love the smell of lemons, it is a clean smell...

Hope you all get some showings and Niki, I know what you mean about your 'stuff' I was really missing my 'stuff' but you know what, now that all those things have been boxed for so long and now in storage, they dont seem so important. No matter where we buy, we will never get all our 'stuff' in, so I can see the mother of all yard sales coming up, lol.

Hubby is back in Utah, flew down there yesterday, we had left our jeep and some things to come up when we left, we just ran out of room and two drivers dont equal three vehicles, lol.

He is staying with our good friends there, he and the man became such good friends, I totally see us moving back there when we do make a move. Just smaller and low housepayment..We do miss our friends and all the fun things we did. We have figured out that WA state is no cheaper than southern Utah, sales tax is high and housing is actually the same or higher..CA is pretty much unaffordable, I'm afraid...

We have all our doctors, dentist, etc. there for the last 3 years, and we loved our field trips to vegas. Maybe we had to get away to realize how much we did like the area. As long as I can escape here for the summer, I am ok anywhere.

His tooth was bothering him, so he got an appointment to go into the dentist today...He has a root canal coming up on Monday He was going to leave to drive back here on Saturday, guess it will be a few days. My sister was asking me if I think he'll just stay there, i said no, he will miss the dogs sooner or later, lol.

Sending pixie dust out to ya!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,337,896 times
Hi all,
was out today with my twins when the cell rang.......It was my realtor telling me there was a showing- at 4-5p. It was 3p so I drove like a madwoman back home lol and tidied up a bit....actually sweating my ass off and running around telling my kids to "freeze" and not to move lol while I had a vacuum and windex in another lol........I get so nervewracked! (we did this about 9 months ago at our other home lol we had to sell!)....but WAS super glad we at least HAD a showing!

Haven't heard yet. Our realtor needed her cell to call (as she left a card for us on table). Obviously they didn't love it or there would be a cell phone ringing telling us there was an offer on the table lol.......oh, well. At least it's good practice! Maybe we will hear something tomorrow.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 PM

336 posts, read 863,304 times
NJ

Hang in there you will hear something soon. Some just want to sit and ponder a bit before they jump and write. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

Michelle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.