Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 05:47 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times

Advertisements

Crazyma~
Welcome back lady!!...we all missed you so much and glad to see you made it back safe and sound! Can't wait to here all about your trip.

So everyone any showings scheduled?? Real quiet here just got back from the Dr's and I forgot my cell at home was hoping to come home and have some missed phone calls, but nothing. I did have a panic attack and my BP was out of the roof. Dr.'s got me a prescript for a BP med and paxil. Not sure if i want to take the bp med or not because I have taken it before and it makes me so sick that all I wanted to do was sleep all day and not eat. But anywho I will be back later gonna finish watching Oprah and then go start dinner. I will be back later to check in and see how everyones evening is going and what's new.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:55 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Dogmom, since i teach therapy to at risk teens, maybe i can help in the destress dept. deep breaths, positive thoughts/affirmations, fun visualization, playing with your dogs, 'makeovers' (haircuts work!!), and my personal favorite- VACATIONS!!!
this school year, i am running a yoga club. im not that much into it but the research i've done, all kinds of people that are into it, didnt think they would be. maybe you can find a class on that ship. (as for my 2nd favorite? margaritas)
brookdale, why not give it a try. do you know anyone who has?
Crazyma, welcome back! miss your poems, maybe you can come up with one about your crazy family time!!! when you get the time, of course!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:03 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Dogmom it sounds like a marvelous vacation. can I come also?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Crazyma~
Welcome back lady!!...we all missed you so much and glad to see you made it back safe and sound! Can't wait to here all about your trip.

So everyone any showings scheduled?? Real quiet here just got back from the Dr's and I forgot my cell at home was hoping to come home and have some missed phone calls, but nothing. I did have a panic attack and my BP was out of the roof. Dr.'s got me a prescript for a BP med and paxil. Not sure if i want to take the bp med or not because I have taken it before and it makes me so sick that all I wanted to do was sleep all day and not eat. But anywho I will be back later gonna finish watching Oprah and then go start dinner. I will be back later to check in and see how everyones evening is going and what's new.
OK I am going to sound like a mom here but if you have taken BP meds before it was because you needed to. Why did you stop? Did the doc say it was OK to stop? I doubt it. Take your meds and if they make you sick try another brand.
Not being a Mom anymore just take care.
Lorrie

Old 09-09-2008, 07:05 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Hi all!!
We have a broker tour tomorrow. My realtor is having a gourmet lunch catered for them!and prizes..........................
I hope someone comes to ode da Little Egg!!!!!!!!
Wish me luck!
40 something days on the market. 1 showing for an under contract couple and another one with No FEEDBACK! YAY! (NOT!)
I am so stressed lately...my stomach is in knots every day.
CRAZYMA WE MISSED YOU! wELCOME BACK!! We need some new poems.

More after the broker tour. We have to leave like a tree tomorrow lol (the twins and I)and go out on a shopping adventure (next week they start pre-school-full-time!).....

Hello to everyone. I am so tired of holding the Fantastic/Windex in my hand.......from morning til night! My husband is vacuuming now lol........our house is so clean we can eat off the damn floors.............

Old 09-09-2008, 07:07 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
CrazyMa! You're back..sounds like you had a fun vacation..did you say smoked butt??? haha I am guessing that is a ham?? Yum...and your drinky sounds good, too.

Brookdale, that was my biggest pet peeve, please do not tell me 'an offer is being written'. That happened to us a couple times, remember the grass sniffers? lol...that offer never came through after all that crap, i told our agent after that do not call until you have an offer in your hot little hands fella. Too stressful.

You know, I am really stressed out today...I saw on GMA today that stress can make you sick. No kidding. How do you de stress when you don't know HOW to de stress? The chamomile sounds like it would work, obviously the chocolate isn't cutting it for me! My hair is a mess, needed a cut about a month ago, but was kinda busy. Opened the phone book this afternoon and picked a place in the next town, going to have a cut and color on Thursday, the stylist sounded very nice so we'll see. I hate moving for just this reason, finding new everything.

Did I tell you all we are going on a cruise? We leave for San Diego Sunday morning (out of Portland Sykes and Michie), stay overnight in San Diego and leave on Monday..it's a 5 night cruise to Cabo and back. We booked it about 4 months ago when we figured the house wouldnt sell and from St. George San Diego is a port we could drive to. So now my cheapie cruise got more expensive but we dont want to spend 2 days driving down there and back, plus the cost of gas...anyway, our friends Artie and her hubby Lynn from St. George that we miss so much, they are going, along with our son who lives in SoCal and a buddy of his, and then our son's roommate and his girlfriend, all of whom I have known since they were in grade school. I am NOT going to be the mom, they are 30 years old for cryin out loud! Anyway, the dogs. My cousin is going to come over and stay with them. We will be back on Saturday the 20th. I hope it goes ok, they are strange dogs, especially that spotted one. and I am a worrier. I didn't want to put them in a kennel, good Lord they have had enough adjustment the last month.. I will be online through Monday morning, will take my laptop and if I get a chance I can check emails, but ship webtime is too expensive..

When we get back, I start to lose some weight, I have to. I hate how I look anymore..maybe it's my hair..You know how bad hair makes you feel bad all over..

Boy I am rambling..hubby got back from Utah at 6 this morning, 1190 miles, he drove it straight through, had the jeep full of stuff so now I have more stuff to deal with..it's almost too much..

Think i will take a nap...when I wake up maybe it will all be gone, lol...
DOGMOM!
Have a fabulous trip. Have a margarita for me!!!!!!!!asfe and happy travels!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:23 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
OK I am going to sound like a mom here but if you have taken BP meds before it was because you needed to. Why did you stop? Did the doc say it was OK to stop? I doubt it. Take your meds and if they make you sick try another brand.
Not being a Mom anymore just take care.
Lorrie
Its ok if you sound like a mom...yes I called my dr and he told me to cut back and take half and it was still doing the same so he gave me the ok to stop. I now have different insurance and a new dr and I told him what it did to me. He said it is one that doesn't have many side effects and that I possibly had issues with it before since I was on all kinds of meds due to my surgery at the time. I will try it but if it makes me sick again and I try another and it does the same...I would much rather live my life feeling ok with hypertension then feeling miserable..... But thanks for the advice I appreciate it

Old 09-09-2008, 08:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Oh my I am so pooped I started reading the thread to catch up and can't stay focused.........think I am going to shower while a load of clothes dries and then turn in early. Guess I am getting old ROTFL, figured I'd have the house **** and span by now. Ugh. I will catch up tomorrow.......all I see in my head is sheep jumping over a fence, no poetry, nada..
I hope everyone is well, and thanks so much for the welcome backs....you are some great 'peeps'.nitey nite

Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Welcome back Crazyma. There is really no place like home....just wish my home was somewhere else.

The stress of selling/not selling a house is unbelievable. Hope you all are finding creative, and not destructive ways of dealing with it. I quit my job today, and don't have another one yet. Yeah, dumb, I know. We do need my income to make ends meet. I was trying to stay at my current job, which I've been at for six years, as I didn't want to change jobs if we were moving. But now that the house isn't selling, something had to change...I feel stuck in a life I want to leave behind.

Dogmom, Enjoy the cruise! What a great way to recharge your batteries, and gain perspective. Hope you'll share some pictures with us.

Good luck everyone on your showings.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
oh really, **** and span....like someone is gonna think I want my house all hispanic and span....Eye Roll
all this P.C. stuff is quite over the tops at times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate