Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,256,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I think the concert was in Rockford, Il. I grew up in Il before heading to OR.
Silverfall...are you in Oregon..I didn't know that..

Old 08-06-2008, 05:59 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,139,058 times
Default Oldies but Goodies

Hey Crazyma,

Loved the poetry, as usual, you outdid youself! The first concert I saw was Eric Anderson, at The Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA (he is folk singer). But my favorite singer is Bonnie Raitt. They used to have concerts in central park, NYC, called the Schaeffer Music Festivals (don't think they make Shaeffer beer anymore) and she played there with Poco. That was my favorite concert of all time...outside, with maybe 100 people in the audience. The last concert my dh and I went to see was Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood, last winter at Madison Square Garden. They were fantastic. By the way, a bottle of water cost $5 at that concert

Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,015,902 times
Styx was one of my first concerts, too. almost got into a fight when one of the band members threw his guitar pick thrown into the audience! Some large woman turned around and demanded it was meant for her!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:38 AM

79 posts, read 144,125 times
Morning guys, I wanna play too! Can't remember my first concert but one of the BEST concerts I went to was Fleetwood Mac in Berkeley, it was awesome Another top concert was the Boss on his Born in the USA tour. We paid $150 a piece for the tickets, yikes!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,256,606 times
Gee, everyone saw some awesome first concerts...me, Bobby Sherman..nothing against Bobby Sherman, it's just...you know.

I do have to say in those MANY years since (think it was 1971) I have seen, among others, Linda Ronstadt, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Barry Manilow, Garth Brooks, Bon Jovi (my faves!), and a few others. I wanted to go see the American Idols on tour this summer, guess I missed that..I love David Cook!

Maybe I can think who else we have seen in concert when I have more java..oh, big one NEIL DIAMOND 3x. Awesome..

Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,597,028 times
First concert was KC and the Sunshine Band !!! 1978 in Bedford England.
Saw Phil Collins in Tampa a couple of years ago he was brilliant.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,796,954 times
I'm late but count me in.

My first concert-the first US tour by the Rolling Stones!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,926 times
I'll join here, Use to go see Styx before they became famous. 2 bucks would get you in at the place. I "think" it was called the Hammond Center? Oh so many yrs ago, lol, just can't remember. but I will share a story of trivia with you all...My sister worked as a car salesman at a big dealership and on a very nasty rainy Sunday a group of long hair, ragged looking guys pulled in. The sales staff tossed a coin to see who would go out to them. My sister lost the toss. Went outside and was told they wanted to buy the most expensive car on the lot, my sister told them they probably couldnt afford it, lol. Long story short, out came a brief case of cash, the car was gonna be a birthday present for mom!! They had just got back from cutting their first album. My sister came home and asked if I had ever heard of a group called Styx....

Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,139,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I'll join here, Use to go see Styx before they became famous. 2 bucks would get you in at the place. I "think" it was called the Hammond Center? Oh so many yrs ago, lol, just can't remember. but I will share a story of trivia with you all...My sister worked as a car salesman at a big dealership and on a very nasty rainy Sunday a group of long hair, ragged looking guys pulled in. The sales staff tossed a coin to see who would go out to them. My sister lost the toss. Went outside and was told they wanted to buy the most expensive car on the lot, my sister told them they probably couldnt afford it, lol. Long story short, out came a brief case of cash, the car was gonna be a birthday present for mom!! They had just got back from cutting their first album. My sister came home and asked if I had ever heard of a group called Styx....
OMG - Great story.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,166,685 times
Hello everyone! Well it is hump day, we are halfway through...
how interesting about all the different concerts we have been to! So our drill for the week is to sometime put on your fav rock out music, or turn the radio way up when a dynamite song comes on, then shake your booty and get all that nervous real estate tension out of your system!! No sulking in the corners, come on you know you want to boogie

***Okay another thought....a quick walk down memory lane...
Do you remember the address of the first house/place you came home to as a wee newborn/adoptee?? Or remember anything specific about it?

509 Bellvue Ave. Kingsport TN (6 day old adoptee) Litttle red brick house, lots of creeping phlox on the bank in the back yard, beautiful roses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate