Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:44 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times

Advertisements

To me this reeks of a salesperson who can't close the deal. I know everyone hates to be in the sales business and thinks of themselves as consultants (or whatever), but a decent salesperson will be attentive to what the client feedback is and help them towards a decision. They don't have to be pushy or fake about it, but if your client is having a hard time making his mind up and has to see a place 10 times, then I propose that you're not doing your job very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Visit 1: buyers
Visit 2: buyers plus mom and dad
Visit 3: buyers plus brother and sister
Visit 4: buyers plus best friends
Visit 5: buyers plus cousins
Visit 6: buyers plus hairdresser
Visit 7: buyers plus dogs
Visit 8: buyers plus aunts
Visit 9: buyers plus uncles
Visit 10: buyers plus monkey's uncle.

I bet some of the visits included family or friends to help them decide between the two homes.

That is seriously excessive, but it is vacant so they probably feel like they can take their time and not be bothering you.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 PM

87 posts, read 315,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post

I bet some of the visits included family or friends to help them decide between the two homes.

That is seriously excessive, but it is vacant so they probably feel like they can take their time and not be bothering you.
LOL...
I'm guilty of taking my parents to see a couple of homes, mostly since they've built a dozen homes for themselves and have a good eye for construction quality ... but never my hairdresser or distant relatives.

I'm guessing since you're a realtor, you've seen similar things in the past?? Too funny.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 PM

22 posts, read 56,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
To me this reeks of a salesperson who can't close the deal. I know everyone hates to be in the sales business and thinks of themselves as consultants (or whatever), but a decent salesperson will be attentive to what the client feedback is and help them towards a decision. They don't have to be pushy or fake about it, but if your client is having a hard time making his mind up and has to see a place 10 times, then I propose that you're not doing your job very well.
Yeah, I wish there was something my Realtor could say to their Realtor to get this closed. She has talked with her 3 or 4 times getting updates and stuff. I'm sure she hasn't wanted to appear pushy or anything but I think even she is rolling her eyes at this. I don't think she's seen anything like it before.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 PM

22 posts, read 56,630 times
Quote:

ROFLOL Hilarious! I seriously am wondering who/what they are doing in there though! I wish there was some way my Realtor could tactfully ask their Realtor. I don't think she had any idea it was so often until recently. She doesn't check the lock box every day and their Realtor wasn't calling every time. I thought 2-3 times was standard, 10 is ridiculous IMHO. Nothing we can say though, as we don't want to push them off. Sounds like it might not go our way though, as the latest report was that they were leaning toward the other house they liked. Who knows, maybe they'll come back from their vacation and start another round of looking several times before deciding. LOL

Old 08-27-2008, 07:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Thank your lucky stars that you no longer live in this house and need to vacate whenever they get the urge to visit, again.

Has your Realtor been in lately to make sure everything is OK?

Old 08-27-2008, 07:49 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:

I know we don't agree on much Silver but that is damn funny.
We had a couple bring their mother,father, cousins, nephews and nieces about 4 times too lol when we sold our house in another state... lol

to original OP LOL Good luck. It can be a good sign but sounds quite excessive to me........... make an OFFER ALREADY lol.........they need to stop the insanity already!! You must be pulling your hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
That was my first thought. It wouldn't happen with any of the good agents I know. The most I've ever shown a home to a buyer was three times. Two is common. Ten showings of the same house is highly abnormal. If I were the listing agent, I'm not sure I'd want my sellers going under contract with those flakes. that's a dangerous level of indecisiveness.

Steve

Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
That is totally ridiculous, thank goodness you aren't living in it..10 times?? Ha! That beats my grass sniffers, who came through our house 5x, not to mention how many other homes they dragged their agent through probably at least that much, and ended up buying NOTHING.

You all know my grass sniffers story, if not go back and read my posts mid to late June. We have since sold and moved on, and not to the grass sniffers.

I wonder if they would have traipsed through thre so many time if you were living in it. Doubt it..

Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Thank your lucky stars that you no longer live in this house and need to vacate whenever they get the urge to visit, again.

Has your Realtor been in lately to make sure everything is OK?
Exactly. I thnk I would have a meltdown lol if I had to keep leaving the house 10 times for same people lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate