Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 PM

22 posts, read 56,431 times

Advertisements

Our house has a lock box on it and we moved out of state about 7 weeks ago. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, a certain couple with their Realtor have been in and out of our house around 10 times! My Realtor was double checking the log yesterday. She said a couple of times they went in and out twice in the same day. This is the same couple that has said that they love the house and are just trying to decide between ours and another one. They also had a friend in construction come and inspect it last week. Their Realtor did not mention anything that they found when our Realtor talked to her after that. They are on vacation for the next week and we've now been told they are leaning toward the other house. Why on earth have they tracked through ours nearly 10 times then?! Seems a might bit excessive to me. Thank goodness we aren't living there but I want to know what they are looking at so many times. Looks like I'm going to need to send someone over to vacuum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,293,756 times
maybe they are taking measurements for furniture and such...sounds to me like they are really torn between yours and the other home and are just having a hard time pulling the trigger.
good luck

Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,528,500 times
Maybe they moved in... thus so much activity.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Maybe they moved in... thus so much activity.
LOL Love this...makes ya wonder.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:00 PM

That's probably true, twinmma. I wish they'd choose mine already!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM

62 posts, read 289,452 times
Wow. That does seem really excessive. I would put some press on your agent to find out exactly what's going on...

Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,293,756 times
wanted to add, after we put an offer on the house we are in now, we went back about 5 times to take measurements, check out paint colors, get a feel for the place. The old owners were home some of the times but didn't seem to mind. (they just wanted it sold, lol!)

Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 PM

87 posts, read 315,260 times
I would think 10x before making an offer is getting excessive. We do at most 3 visits before making an offer. Once we go into contract, we visit again for inspections/measurements/prep. stuff. If they are viewing so many times, I think their agent should at least let your agent know what they're all doing there when they visit.
On the other hand, they must be quite interested in your home so maybe it'll all be worth it. And at least you're not living there. Good luck.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:06 PM

1,024 posts, read 4,127,612 times
Having buyers revisit a listing multiple time is usually an encouraging sign.

Sandy

Old 08-27-2008, 04:18 PM

561 posts, read 1,507,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninwashington View Post
Our house has a lock box on it and we moved out of state about 7 weeks ago. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, a certain couple with their Realtor have been in and out of our house around 10 times! My Realtor was double checking the log yesterday. She said a couple of times they went in and out twice in the same day. This is the same couple that has said that they love the house and are just trying to decide between ours and another one. They also had a friend in construction come and inspect it last week. Their Realtor did not mention anything that they found when our Realtor talked to her after that. They are on vacation for the next week and we've now been told they are leaning toward the other house. Why on earth have they tracked through ours nearly 10 times then?! Seems a might bit excessive to me. Thank goodness we aren't living there but I want to know what they are looking at so many times. Looks like I'm going to need to send someone over to vacuum!

Yeah, 10 visits is somewhere between anal and obsessive complusive! Do you have any items left in there? If the home is vacant, maybe they didn't think it was such a big deal, but really, 10 visits? Maybe they have short-term memory loss?!?! And you, as the seller can't really complain, you want the house sold! Good luck, maybe an offer soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate