Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Thanks potter geek.. by the way, my better half comes from the same "toon" as JK Rowling. Use to see her sitting in the cafe's writing. She was on the "dole" back then and look at her now! She even has more money than the Queen!!!
You're welcome!

I'm really "leavingbyron" but had my username changed yesterday. (You probably have already guessed it was me, though) and since I have already "left Byron," I needed something more fitting. And I am a huge Rowling fan. I think I have read/reread each book about 6 times now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 05:30 PM

342 posts, read 716,885 times
Good luck Wiley - things seem to be picking up a little in north jersey - we had 2 showings over labor day weekend and 2 more this week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fay111 View Post
Good luck Wiley - things seem to be picking up a little in north jersey - we had 2 showings over labor day weekend and 2 more this week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
I have another showing on Friday! NJ is on a come back . Inventory is really low so those of us brave enough and with something decent to offer..should do OK! Fingers crossed for you fay! By the way...I saw some great stuff in Lehigh area! Maybe? If you move to that area, we may be neighbors as I'm looking just over the border in NJ... 5 mins. from PA. We'll have to meet up in Wegman's for all the free samples..lol First BBQ is on me!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGeek View Post
You're welcome!

I'm really "leavingbyron" but had my username changed yesterday. (You probably have already guessed it was me, though) and since I have already "left Byron," I needed something more fitting. And I am a huge Rowling fan. I think I have read/reread each book about 6 times now...
Brilliant woman! If I had her money, I'd throw mine away

Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
I have another showing on Friday! NJ is on a come back . Inventory is really low so those of us brave enough and with something decent to offer..should do OK! Fingers crossed for you fay! By the way...I saw some great stuff in Lehigh area! Maybe? If you move to that area, we may be neighbors as I'm looking just over the border in NJ... 5 mins. from PA. We'll have to meet up in Wegman's for all the free samples..lol First BBQ is on me!

yay! I am happy for you!! Woohoo!!It'll sell. You can eat off your damn floors! We had a showing today on an hr.'s notice, but I am not complaining!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:49 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,700,899 times
I have gotten a couple of showing with 90 min. notice. I don't care for this, but of course did not say no. I live in Indiana and have had 6 showings in the first month. No offers, but happy with the traffic.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM

945 posts, read 1,987,384 times
Quote:
We've had our house on the market for less than a week and we had our first showing today! The people stayed for over 40 mins. so I'm assuming that's a good thing? No worries - I didn't stay home..I parked down the road in the neighbor's driveway .
Not bad for being in NJ! It really does seem as if things are getting better in this State. We drove around town today and we saw a bunch of under contract signs... I'm competing against new construction on 0.12 acre lots. My home is 5 yrs. old on 4 acres with an inground pool so I feel we are priced competitively in this market. Keep your fingers crossed for me please
Good luck from the Chicago suburbs. It will sell and glad to see a positive post concerning the market and it getting better in your area. It is here too. Showings are so hard, especially with kids and keeping the home so picture perfect but hang in there. I hope you get a good contract soon!
Take care.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,773,287 times
Good luck! By the way, we had about 50 showings in 6 weeks, after the first few, we stopped getting excited and holding our breath until an actual offer came in. I hope yours will come sooner, and yes, there are lots of tire-kickers out there!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
yay! I am happy for you!! Woohoo!!It'll sell. You can eat off your damn floors! We had a showing today on an hr.'s notice, but I am not complaining!
The showing the other night..10 mins! But as you know, I live with hazel so the house was spotless

Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmarketvalue View Post
Good luck from the Chicago suburbs. It will sell and glad to see a positive post concerning the market and it getting better in your area. It is here too. Showings are so hard, especially with kids and keeping the home so picture perfect but hang in there. I hope you get a good contract soon!
Take care.
Thanks FMV...luckily I have no kids so quickly putting the toys away is not an issue . 3 cats but they're pretty tidy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate