Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:04 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
This is just trolling. You signed up just to post this nonsense?

I AM on the do not call list. When someone calls who is soliciting for ANY reason...I simply hang up. I do not need to tough it out...the people making the calls do.
I do more than hang up. I report the number (and the company, if I got the name). It's very easy to do.

People who are on the Do Not Call list are there for a reason. You're not going to make friends with them (or clients of them) by ignoring their clearly expressed wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 12:07 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
I usually ask for their home number.

I haven't gotten one yet, but when I do, I will call them at 3am and ask them if they are interested in buying a pony.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:17 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,983,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I do more than hang up. I report the number (and the company, if I got the name). It's very easy to do.

People who are on the Do Not Call list are there for a reason. You're not going to make friends with them (or clients of them) by ignoring their clearly expressed wishes.
Unfortunately, there are some that are exempt from the do not call list. If they are trying to collect for a charity, they don't have to follow the do not call list guidelines. I do not wait to find out..I hang up and put them on my blocked list so they can't call back again.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,993,847 times
Just put them on hold and see how long they can tough it out.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Cold calling people and thinking their rude;now that is funny.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Cold calling people and thinking their rude;now that is funny.
If you do not want to be called you can put yourself on the DNC in a matter of minutes.

Being an ass because you did not put yourself on the list and someone calls is just the way some people are.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,993,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
If you do not want to be called you can put yourself on the DNC in a matter of minutes.

Being an ass because you did not put yourself on the list and someone calls is just the way some people are.
Why would you expect to receive a polite response when you are being a pest and doing something that you know people don't like?

Old 12-11-2008, 06:21 PM

53 posts, read 506,182 times
I am an insurance agent and occasionally make cold calls. Although I hate doing it, it is a cheap and quick way to get business. When you own your own business you gotta do what you gotta do to get ahead.

Making those first few calls is the hardest, but you just have to push past it. I would recommend making your calls in the morning when you are the "freshest" and most energized, people can really feel your energy over the phone. If you speak with someone who is rude just thank them for their time and make another call. Don't let it get to you, remember, you will never meet these people (unless you end up doing business with them) so don't let it get you down. Set goals for yourself each day (like the number of leads you want to get) and don't give up until you reach those goals.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:40 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkirk View Post
I just started a new program with my broker - Sweathogs... to Stars. It is my first time to cold call because I always found an excuse before.

Some of the people I talk to are so so nice, but other are just plain out rude! I am going to keep doing it because it is a competion, and I am nothing if not competitive.

Anyone have secrets on making it better?
People still cold call? Start a blog, a newsletter, knock on doors, ask your SoI for referrals...any of those are more productive.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

I agree but if you're gonna cold call you need a thick skin. If you let that bother you then you shouldn't cold call. If you are calling someone that didn't ask to be called they can be rude if they like. Just move on to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate