Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 07:44 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times

Advertisements

Lorrie, if only i was worried about that $100,000 in the bank...LOL. no, not even close. i was just thinking that i have my acct at a local bank, i have (in my name) my family's emergency $$-parents, siblings, in a wachovia acct. but my husband has $$ in a union acct and i have no experience with unions.
springbean, sorry about that. we've had i think 2 or 3 showings in 6 months. our last one, 2 weeks ago, the neighbor's mufflerless car and 3 dogs started barking when the couple was admiring the back deck. needless to say, we have not heard anything back on those people.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Janetvj We are just outside of Pensacola. This house needs a little bit of work yet, cosmetic stuff mostly. All major stuff has been done. funny thing is it is what I hope to find when we move back home to TN.
Too bad you can't just take the house with you! As I said, I'm not at the point where I'm actually house-hunting. I'm more trying to narrow down the area where I want to settle, and I'm leaning more toward Citrus County right now. And I've got the bigger burden of actually getting my house ready to sell first.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Ugh. Got feedback from our 1st showing, and it wasn't good. Apparently the people were "turned off" because of some rude kids in our neighborhood. Unfortunately, I can understand where they are coming from, it just irks me that kids act that way. I wish I knew which kids were being hoodlums.

Springbean, unfortunately, those are things we can't control...hopefully as it gets darker soon the kids will be indoors more! And if you find out who it was, kick their you know what..no call for kids to be rude...good luck!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Sykes the 28th will be here before you know it! So glad things are moving relatively smooth. Don't know it you said but have you already found a new place to call home?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Yes it is a shame we can't do anything about neighbors and how they keep up their homes and let their kids be hellians. The best one I heard here on my big house was from a women who loved the place but wanted the barns on the farm next to me to be removed. I believe it went I just cant believe how "those people" could have that barn in their yard what is wrong with them. I am not paying all this money to look at farm tractors! I first thought she was kidding, then I said do you not see that 100 acre field of cotton, this is the country and this is a farm and farms have tractors! She didn't offer and drove into the horizen!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Sykes, you are heading closer to ME, aren't you? We will have to get together..anyone else here in the Pacific Northwest..

I still want to do a cruise peeps! Yes I am a nag, ask my kids!!!

Later, on my way to Seattle, field trip!!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:49 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Good morning everyone! Today, is beautiful here in Ohio. I can’t wait to have my roots planted again in Ohio. I am sooo ready to be out of SC for good!

Springbean-Welcome! Your house is really nice! I told my husband that in our area it would be listed probably at over $400,000. It is funny how the market is in different areas. I am sorry about your neighborhood little thugs! It never fails, when you have a “looker” someone or something is off.

Lacey- You asked about your FSBO signs. We have been looking driving around just looking at various neighborhoods and such. What is catching our eyes are the really nice FSBO signs. It seems like they put “thought” into and are trying to compete with the agent listings. You know its all about “curb” appeal and I think the nice signs add to it.
( Not the flimsy kind.) I think you should do well with a nice sign.

On a side note with that- We were driving around and I said lets stop when we saw this one house.(Cute from the outside, but it didn’t really look big enough.)I grabbed a brochure and it was this high glossy, lovely, beautiful looking front and back sheet. I was impressed. It didn’t have the square footage or price, however. In very small print at the bottom it did say – BUYER BEWARE: MOLD IS IN THE BASEMENT and It must be fixed before occupancy.

Hello- I think we will pass on that one,but your curb appeal is nice and so is your brochure!

Anita- It sounds like you are busy getting everything completed for closing! Yea!

Painter- What are people thinking? Your place sounds like a great deal.

Skyes- Wow, everything seems to be going well now for you! It only took 20 mins for the appraisal? Woohoo! That is amazing that they can get it completed that quick.

Crazyma- Thanks for the inspiration!

Dogmom- Have a great day on your little field trip!

Update- On our YUCKY situation,,,,ok, I am going to think positive- Our lovely situation….

Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Default The Saga of selling our House

Well, my husband emailed Cartus AGAIN and they said that Sandy( our agent) was supposed to call us they are STILL waiting on her with the contract. UGH!! We were at my son’s football game and she called. She told my husband that the buyer STILL hasn’t signed the contract! She said that he works in NC and he couldn’t sign it yet.
( Uhm. We are out of state and signed and faxed stuff back and forth!) Anyhow, she said that they were NOT preapproved. She said that they did get the inspection done, but no news can be told UNTIL they sign the contract! I want to cry. She told the buyer agent
( we are in a small town so EVERYONE knows each other) that the house might be gone ( ROFL) and get sold out from under them if they don’t sign right away. They would be out the inspection money and earnest money. They are still supposed to close on or before November 24. ( I guess that was our fault for not pushing up the closing date, however we were just excited and didn’t think to much about that.) Its like we have an offer, but ……We do not know anything else. My husband is trying to get ahold of Cartus again today to tell them the situation. We HAVE to close on a house ( for us) before December 31 because of tax purposes or we will not get our move and stuff paid for. These people are just dragging. Its like they are in control and I DO NOT LIKE IT! How hard is it to sign a piece of paper? They signed the offer , but not the official contract. They got the inspection already. They want the house it seems. UGH!

So there is our lovely situation. It sucks being a seller. ( Tomorrow, we are going to look at houses and I can’t even put in an offer because of our buyers!)

Old 09-24-2008, 09:08 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Good Afternoon everyone!
To all of you who are so discouraged please don't be so hard on yourselves! All of us who are selling have been there and God forbid we probably will be again. With this housing market we all will have our good days and our bad days and all I can say is THANK GOD FOR CRAZYMA'S BOOT CAMP! I really have to say there is quite a few of us who would have gone crazy if we didn't have Crazymas Boot Camp and all of the wonderful peeps here to help us through those days! Hey, we ALL have been there! I try to keep strong in my faith that this place and the other one ( yikes! 2 places for sale!) will sell soon before we keep lowering the prices so much that they will be free, but some days it just becomes to much. We are human however and we will have those days. It is an awful tough market out there and beyond our control when we are priced right. It is the hardest housing market ever and we are at the mercy of a lot of fence sitters. Hang in there we will sell when they get tired of sitting there or get a few splinters and decide to finally get off that darn fence!

thanks Judy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you rock

Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-the Orman thing was also her negativity re the hosuing market and the ability to get mortgages now-or any kind of credit. Don't think it helps us.

Painter that is beyond ridiculous. I hope your realtor laughed in her face.

Oh Lacey! that sux!! hearing this about getting a mortgage! I hope I am not stuck in ------- ---- Harbor forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate