Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

At our age, we don't have time to earn it again..it's really kind of depressing..

Old 09-24-2008, 06:53 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy127 View Post
Hello,

My (now ex) friend offered to split his commission with me if I put him down when I bought my condo (he's a realtor.) NOW that I close on Monday he has changed his mind and decided to keep the money. This is my first home and we just made a verbal agreement and I trusted him. He thought ie was a great idea! Now he says he just mentioned it to his broker and he "found out" that he could get in trouble for it so he is keeping it all....but will give me a nice gift. He has been a realtor since 2001, so I doubt he just found this information out. Is there anything I can do?? At this point the money isn't even the point (though of course I still want it!) but he is shady and can't he get in BIG trouble over this??

Wow I am so sorry! That was a rotten thing to do to you! The best place to ask this question is in the sub heading here under Real Estate Professionals. Be sure to tell them where you are located as different states have different laws. Good luck to you!

Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
I second what Judy said.....

(beter be a mighty nice gift...karma will suck for him...afraid you may have learned a tough lesson)

Old 09-24-2008, 07:15 PM

I am putting a big Pox on that guy..sounds very unethical and maybe illegal..best bet what Judy said, check with the R.E. Professionals...sounds fishy to me..

Old 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Hey there guys........just a quick hop in before I go and watch CSI:NY. Being a med tech one would think that I should hate shows about labs, huh???

Forgive me to answer this way, but I'm too tired to go back and try to find the posts.

1. I live about an hour NE of Pittsburgh.....very rural, dinky town. Well actually I'm 1.5 miles out of the "downtown".
2. Garage sale went pretty well as did the eBay stuff. Have some more on this week and wouldn't you know it but hubby came home tonight carting stuff from his mother's for me to sell.......UGH!!!!

What's really funny is that after 34 years in this house I am only finding out now that most of our neighbors really liked us! Now that they know we are really leaving for good, well sometime anyhow, they are all saying about how much they are going to miss us and what good neighbors we have been. Now I admit that I try, but didn't really realize they felt this way. Guess I was doing something right!! We weren't really close to any of them, such as going out together or anything, but we do talk and the one across the street always invites us to their annual Christmas party. Oh well.......

OK, maybe I have a strange sense of humor, but I'm finding this week to be pretty funny. I have basically hit both ends of the "girly" spectrum this week. First I had some diamonds of my mother's reset into jewelry that I will actually wear. This is the last of them (had earrings for my daughter and another ring for me done) and the guy who owns the shop has done them all for me. He had some problems with his jeweler so I have had to go back about 3 times to finally get the pendant to the set right. That was Monday, Tuesday and earlier today. Tonight I went out with my neighbor, the gun guy, to the firing range and took my first lessons. I tried a bunch and decided what I want to get. So within 3 days I have gone from jewelry to guns. But you want to know the really odd thing about it??? The guy that owns the jewelry store and my neighbor with the gun are brothers!!! It just kind of strikes me funny.

And oh yeah.........the gun guy told me that for someone that had never fired a gun before, he thought that I was the best he had seen! And he teaches a LOT of classes. Not sure if being "a natural" with a pistol is something I want to be known for!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Hey rothbear you sound like you could be a modern day " Diamond Lil!"
Glad to hear your eBay went so good too!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 PM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
Hey Joe...sending you a warm welcome. I am glad you stopped by to check us out and I hope you stay awhile. This a very fun thread that I absolutely love especially when I need advice and encouragement. So again welcome aboard!!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Chippendale dancer....lmao....In my former life.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Look forward to getting acquainted with everyone.
Welcome to you! This group is such a great group of people to be with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy127 View Post
Hello,

My (now ex) friend offered to split his commission with me if I put him down when I bought my condo (he's a realtor.) NOW that I close on Monday he has changed his mind and decided to keep the money. This is my first home and we just made a verbal agreement and I trusted him. He thought ie was a great idea! Now he says he just mentioned it to his broker and he "found out" that he could get in trouble for it so he is keeping it all....but will give me a nice gift. He has been a realtor since 2001, so I doubt he just found this information out. Is there anything I can do?? At this point the money isn't even the point (though of course I still want it!) but he is shady and can't he get in BIG trouble over this??
WHAT? That is a HORRIBLE thing to do to you! Wow - what some people will do for the almighty dollar always amazes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post

And oh yeah.........the gun guy told me that for someone that had never fired a gun before, he thought that I was the best he had seen! And he teaches a LOT of classes. Not sure if being "a natural" with a pistol is something I want to be known for!

Hey - at least you will have the reputation of the person you DON'T want to screw with.

Well, this is interesting. I have not gotten any feedback yet from my showing yesterday. I just got off the phone with my agent and she said that it is a pretty good sign not to get feedback. She said she never gives feedback on a house that the buyer wants to buy. She said it gives the seller a heads-up that the client really wants it. So that is good!

She also said that the agent could just be lazy. Which I guess in this day and age, would not surprise me either.

Kristine

Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 AM

Sounds promising, Kristine..let us know when you hear something..

Woke up at 3 a.m. dang it..now it is 7..should I go back to bed or muddle through the day..hmm..if i were really ambitious I would throw on some old jeans and take a walk..not raining right now..on the other hand, I have a semi warm bed in there, depending on how many dogs are on it right now..lol.

Guess I will take the lazy way out and head back...later peeps!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
OMG I am FREAKING out!

I just got off the phone with my realtor and here is what she said:

They really like the house, as much as two others. The other two are lower in price and they need an October 24th move-in date!!!! I told my realtor to tell them that we are definately negotiable and an October 24th move-in would be no problem. Even though I am freaking a little about that. That is so soon! But I am not about to turn that down. So we will see what happens!!!!! Hopefully they are not going to ask me to come down an unreasonable amount. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate