Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Wow, will keep fingers toes crossed and send that pixie dust to you!

Of course you can move by that date..remember, I moved in less than 2 weeks and you are tons younger than me! You can do it, girl!

Hopefully, if an offer comes, it's a decent one and we can add you to the pending and sold list!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:52 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Wow, will keep fingers toes crossed and send that pixie dust to you!

Of course you can move by that date..remember, I moved in less than 2 weeks and you are tons younger than me! You can do it, girl!

Hopefully, if an offer comes, it's a decent one and we can add you to the pending and sold list!

Thanks! I am trying not to get my hopes up but it is so hard not to. It is just so nice to have something happening. Even someone considering buying my home is a step in the right direction!

I cannot believe that you moved in less than 2 weeks! I would have been so stressed out. How did you keep your sanity?

Kristine

Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 AM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Kristine....fingers are crossed for you girl. *pixie dust* for a sweet offer today!!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Hey Kristine............here's loads of luck for you!!

(There is supposed to be a lucky sparkling four leaf clover here....but I can't find one!! I don't know where all those great images that people find are coming from!)

Hmmmm.......wonder where the postperson is?? I have several packages here that I put in for a carrier pickup. Hopefully the postmaster didn't forget to give her the pickup notice AGAIN!! If she isn't here by noon I may have to call down to the PO since one of the packages is 21# and I don't feel like carting it inside.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:10 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Hey rothbear you sound like you could be a modern day " Diamond Lil!"
TeeHee......never thought about that! Actually I'm not happy that I feel I need to do this, but I just don't want to feel unsafe if I have to go to Charlotte in the evening by myself sometime. Actually even with hubby along, I would be concerned.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Wooohoo Hammy! I am SURE you can pull it off to be out of there if you really had to be( especially for the right price!)

Dogmom-I guess it was in the air not sleeping well last night. I kept waking up for every little sound. Did you go back to sleep?

Buffy- I am sorry that happened to you, especially by a friend. ( Some friend). Did you find out from a agent under the real estate professionals what can be done?

Rothbear- It sounds like you did fantastic on your sales! I am sure it was a pain, but the in the end when the money comes in it is soooo good! Where are you trying to get to in SC? I am trying to get completely out and you are trying to get there! LOL. We are now in Madison, Ohio ( about hour away from Erie, PA.) Where in PA are you?

I feel so bad for those of you close to retirement and such with the money situation. We have 401Ks and stuff,but we have over twenty years to worry about it. I see my mom is already worried about her money and stuff and my grandma ( who will be 80 tomorrow) is freaking out about everything. She has so much money saved, but she is afraid to spend it because she worries that she everything is going to crumble down around her. She lived during the Depression, and I think that is playing a huge part of it.

Have a good day everyone. We are going to look at houses this afternoon and I am so excited. Hopefully, we find one that we can call "Home" soon. Maybe, we will find one that will speak to us from the curb or have someone like Crazyma mooning us! LOL We can't forget the houses that have that "SPECIAL" type of curb appeal.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
Hammy5 You can move in less than 2 weeks.!!!! I have done it twice and yes it is hectic but possible. You make a list and check it EVERYDAY of things that have to be done. One advantage is it all gets done fast and you are out. We are making this move in 2 weeks. We haven't found a house yet but we got the movers and theya re packing today and all goes into storage until we find a house in Huntsville. The fact that you can move fast helps with the sale of the house. Perhaps the others can't move that fast and your house is the winner. Good luck.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Mawoods- I KNOW you are excited having the movers there. How many movers are roaming thru your house? Are they packing today and loading the stuff tomorrow? How big is your house?
We have had movers for every move we have had except when it was one local move. I love having not to worry about stuff! Hopefully, your things wont be in storage too long. Ours is going to storage too, I guess. Thankfully, once again my husband's company is picking up that tab.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:28 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
this is a BEE zy HiVe of actiVity this morning zzzzzz.zzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzzzz
everyone zipping merrily around!
Coolness Hammy......def.having the agent let them know you can accomodate then for the right offer could very well put you a the top

Wow ROth you have been a busy storekeeper!Must feel pretty good lowering inventory

Raising...good luck with your house hunting........remember to be a good buyer:0 try to leave the sellers some feedback-even constructive criticism. You can see from here, how much even a tiny dab of feedback can help even 'it's a nice home but doesn't quite meet our needs, good luck' will give a seller hope.
Oh and don't forget....don't over look some houses that may not have that WOW curb appeal....you can always change the outside and you might be pleasantly surprised with the inside

Y'all keep it real LOL I gotta run errands.TTYL

Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Crazyma- I will be the "good little buyer". Actually, we have appointments to see 5 homes. All 5 we already saw. These are on our "short list". They are all in the same new development. Four out of the five are brand new. The "occupied" one is priced the same as the brand new ones, that is what is holding us back on that one. We do know they are going thru a divorce. ( SELLERS-NEVER LEAVE INFORMATION OUT! ) My husband saw the guys name on something that was on the counter-found out he works where my husband does and someone told him. I suspected something because it seems like the man was trying to sabotage the house by not making it look up to par. It had only been on the market two days when we saw it last time. He didn't make the bed and such. Glasses and dirty clothes were laying around. ( This is more of an upscale neighborhood and I was sort of shocked.) My mom is the one that told me, many times the other party doesn't truly want to sell and they will do little things like that. I can get past all the "yuck". We try to see the big picture in a house so we are going back to it. However, I do think if he wont come down on the price, why would anyone by their house if they can get a new one for the same price?

We will leave feedback for his house. I don't think it is protocal for new homes. I did tell my husband our agent needs to tell them straight out- ( 3 different builders) that she has buyers that will go to the best deal! We liked all the homes really that we looked out. Now, we are just deciding what to do.

Its kind of strange being a buyer and a seller at the exact same time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate