Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times

Advertisements

Hammy - fingers crossed and dust being sent your way! So good to hear that your house is being considered!

Raising - have fun looking at houses! I am sooo looking forward to doing that. And boy, have I learned to be a good buyer!

Mawoods - Are you using a National mover? I am so scared to use a moving company because of all of the horror stories I have read... we have always moved ourselves, which is a challenge, but then again I haven't moved across the country since I was a teenager!

I haven't really started packing yet... I'm waiting until the buyers sign off on all of the contingencies (should happen on Monday). I have been clearing out even more stuff... I had cleared out a bunch of stuff when we listed the house, but I am determined not to take any more than necessary since we are moving so far away. I am getting everything really organized so that packing shouldn't be too difficult! (I hope).

This waiting period is taking a toll on me... I guess I have read too many posts about buyers backing out of a deal. I would hope, however, that most deals do go through. I know that I am not the type to place an offer on a home and then just back out of the contract. Anyone with some words of encouragement that the deal will close would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day, everyone!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hammy - fingers crossed and dust being sent your way! So good to hear that your house is being considered!

Raising - have fun looking at houses! I am sooo looking forward to doing that. And boy, have I learned to be a good buyer!

Mawoods - Are you using a National mover? I am so scared to use a moving company because of all of the horror stories I have read... we have always moved ourselves, which is a challenge, but then again I haven't moved across the country since I was a teenager!

I haven't really started packing yet... I'm waiting until the buyers sign off on all of the contingencies (should happen on Monday). I have been clearing out even more stuff... I had cleared out a bunch of stuff when we listed the house, but I am determined not to take any more than necessary since we are moving so far away. I am getting everything really organized so that packing shouldn't be too difficult! (I hope).

This waiting period is taking a toll on me... I guess I have read too many posts about buyers backing out of a deal. I would hope, however, that most deals do go through. I know that I am not the type to place an offer on a home and then just back out of the contract. Anyone with some words of encouragement that the deal will close would be greatly appreciated!

Have a good day, everyone!
It will be fine. You have to remember that people like to complain more than they like to give props. So people are more likely to complain about their deal not going through. I am positive there are TONS more deals that happen, you just don't hear about it. Hang in there!

Kristine

Old 09-25-2008, 10:30 AM

33 posts, read 48,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey Joe, here Ya go ....a medal for being the first guy to post on here...at least as far as I am able to ascertain
Gee Crazyma, I didn't know I had broken the sex barrier. I will wear the medal proudly.... as I bump and grind onstage...lol

Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
RAisin - I have 4 packers for 2 days. They load tomorow. Will be glad when it is over. Our house is 3300 square feet and we have alot of stuff - like several sets of china and alot of crystal, glassware, STUFF. Last move we finally decided to not haul our 25 year old daughter's stuff and toys around the country anymore. Thank goodness we don't have all that this time - just her books and trophies. We are using Graebel this time. The last 2 times we used Bekins. Been pleased with both companies so far. I too have heard the horror stories so we only used nationally recognized companies. Checked the BBB and all on the local ones too. They are hurting for business right now and COMPETED for our business. I have 2 months of FREE storage thrown in and a not to exceed figure that is pretty low. The company is picking it up or rather it is figured into the flat monetary amount we received for moving expensed - however we chose to spend it. Have used it for husband's temp housing and now moving. I am too old to pack and move anymore. It is hard enough to take things off the wall and patch and paint them for the buyers!!! Good luck!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Lots of happy news here today.

Hammy-take deep breaths and have everything crossed for you.

We used Mayflower when we moved from NJ to MN and were very pleased. It's good to hear they're competitive now because if we sell it's off to NC for us.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Lots of happy news here today.

Hammy-take deep breaths and have everything crossed for you.

We used Mayflower when we moved from NJ to MN and were very pleased. It's good to hear they're competitive now because if we sell it's off to NC for us.
Lacey - we're moving to NC too! What area of NC are you moving to?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,071 times
LaceyEx - you will love NC. We almost moved to the Asheville area. The state is really beautiful with mountains and seashore.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Anita and Mawoods-thinking of Smithfield outside Ral/Dur. Should have gone there instead of here 3 yrs ago but hey that's hindsight.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
Hammy I hope they pick your house pixie dust sent your way and for those of you who are getting ready for how excited you must be to finally be at the close of this selling nightmare!
For those of us still in this selling nightmare a big bag of pixie dustand prayers that we will be moving soon too!

Old 09-25-2008, 01:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Thanks! I am trying not to get my hopes up but it is so hard not to. It is just so nice to have something happening. Even someone considering buying my home is a step in the right direction!

I cannot believe that you moved in less than 2 weeks! I would have been so stressed out. How did you keep your sanity?

Kristine
Kristine..ha ha..who said I had any sanity..I tell you it was hard but we did it..most everything went into storage units, we moved from 2600 sq feet to 800. I guess just tossing everything in storage helped no decisions on what to do with it, but then that is a problem because had I had more time I might have gotten rid of more stuff...on the other hand, they were cash, we were afraid of the buyers backing out since they seem to like to do that, and in hindsight we might have taken a little extra time.. If I can do it, you can do it girl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate