Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 07:32 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Don't see any point to it really, I don't care how many read my posts, the only important ones are all of my friends here..otherwise I could give a hoot..It almost seems like a loss of privacy though..hmm...

I decided to delete all my albums and pictures. I may come back under another screen name, with no personal information.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Hear ye Hear ye~~ As of Thurs. Nite, Nov 20th, I hearby announce that Boot Camp #2 shall cease operation and shall then become known as Camp Crazy (#3) We can continue to post here for the time being , and I will have the new thread up and a link to it on here. And again, i will eventually ask for this thread to be locked. I think all current and past peeps will be able to figure out boot camp has moved, being as we are such a smart savyy group of highly intellectual beings Plus I usually have tried to give all regular troops a personal invite to the new location.....

And maybe more newbies shall be willing to jump there for support and gnashing of teeth LOL

Aint' no Mountain high enough,
aint' no Mountain wide enough,
to keep me from boot camp ing!!

Last edited by crazyma; 11-19-2008 at 08:15 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
tambre, did you have an issue??? Are you concerned with that graph?
I think the mountain graph is dumb. Personally I don't give a rat's a$$ how many times my posts are read!! I think it is another tool some thinker done come up with. oohhh look at me...never said it before, but I think the rep points are kinda lame too...why not just give reps and no points????? I'd rather have some sensible change, like be able to DM more than one perosn at a time!!!

OOPs I guess I should edit this to say. while I appreciate the reps, I don't really care about the ponts! It IS a quick way to send a little message

Last edited by crazyma; 11-19-2008 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I'd rather have some sensible change, like be able to DM more than one perosn at a time!!!
OMG! I have been saying this ever since I joined C-D.com.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:38 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
Yes the green mountain thing is really unnecessary, I mean who cares lol!!! Tambre if you do that how are we going to know you? I would hate not to know it is you if you change your name.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Painter- I hope it works out for you. If it's meant to be....
We officially are coming off the market Dec. 15th. i dont even feel like our house is for sale anymore. I think we've had one showing in the past 3, possibly 4 months. oh well. try again in the spring.
My husband and I took the day off yesterday, took a little road trip, out for a nice dinner, too. what a relaxing day! Back to work now...

Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Tambre, dm us if you change your info..have you had a problem with your albums? I try to not put names, etc...but I am going to go through my albums and see what I put out there...I just think the mountain thing is dumb and points are useless...maybe it's time for City Data to update this site..??

Stoy, maybe it's a good time to take a break and enjoy your holidays..life is too short to deal with all this nonsense sometimes...on the other hand, most of us are selling for a really good reason, not just testing the waters...this whole real estate/financial stuff in this country is such a mess...

We have decided to start moving in the direction of buying again...we are thinking our window of opportunity is about upon us...our train of thought towards a home has changed so much. Smaller is better, would be happy with 1300-1600 sq feet. Nothing fancy, but somewhere that feels like 'home'.

Well I woke up at 3 a.m. and that just ticks me off! Might head back to bed and cuddle with the dogs...later campers!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
I decided to delete all my albums and pictures. I may come back under another screen name, with no personal information.
Did I miss something? Did something happen on here that jeopardized your sense of privacy?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
We officially are coming off the market Dec. 15th. i dont even feel like our house is for sale anymore. I think we've had one showing in the past 3, possibly 4 months. oh well. try again in the spring.
My husband and I took the day off yesterday, took a little road trip, out for a nice dinner, too. what a relaxing day! Back to work now...
I have been going back and forth on whether to take my house off the market or not until Spring. My realtor talked me into not making that decision until the end of Nov. The thing about it though...I don't want to move mid-Jan/Feb when it is 10 degrees outside But with a decreased inventory over the Winter months, I think I would stand a better chance of selling because in the Spring the inventory will increase and people will have double the homes to look at.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
See that is it, the pros and cons are about even, it just a crap shoot. I decided to leave mine on and who cares about the "history age" you know. 5 yrs ago I would of worried when ave. listings were around 40 days now its up to 168 days, and that is in town not rural.

Tambre, I always worry about what is posted on the net, and even cd makes me uneasy. Just like the dm thing, I was told it is monitered to a certain extent or at the least it can be seen. It just is not open to the general public like these posts. And that is why it is really hard to make a more personal friendship, sometimes I want to say something but don't want everyone to know. If you google a subject it will come up with a post under cd too, which is scarey to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate