Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I have been going back and forth on whether to take my house off the market or not until Spring. My realtor talked me into not making that decision until the end of Nov. The thing about it though...I don't want to move mid-Jan/Feb when it is 10 degrees outside But with a decreased inventory over the Winter months, I think I would stand a better chance of selling because in the Spring the inventory will increase and people will have double the homes to look at.
Texas......We had the same inclination at first, but decided against it. You just never know when someone might be looking. you can't sell it if they can't see it. And believe me we hardly have any showings at all. Total frustration, but going to hang in there because there is nothing else to do. Our agent contract is up the middle of December and we are already talking to someone new. Go for it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Range View View Post
Hi everyone,

It's me. Fresh start. Congratulations Raising!
Hey there........guess I can approve that new friend request! I wasn't sure who it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
We have OFFICIALLY SOLD!!

Hang in there everyone! If we can sell and make it through this nightmare- ANYONE CAN!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you, jealous but very happy! And that "buyer" role is wonderful!!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I have been going back and forth on whether to take my house off the market or not until Spring. My realtor talked me into not making that decision until the end of Nov. The thing about it though...I don't want to move mid-Jan/Feb when it is 10 degrees outside But with a decreased inventory over the Winter months, I think I would stand a better chance of selling because in the Spring the inventory will increase and people will have double the homes to look at.
I kept mine on the market last year for the reasons you stated. Dec we got a lot of traffic and Jan was the same. I felt that you never know and prices of homes were going down so if I kept the house on the market and got an offer it would most likley be higher the in the spring. That is the way it turned out. I go every so often on Zillow to see what our old home is worth now and what recent sales in our old neighborhood is and it is now down another $30,000. What do you have to lose? We might still have had two houses with two mortgage payments and I gave us three years to do that. It would have been one year the end of this month.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Texas Girl I will MOVE when ever just to get where I want to go! No small kids or family to worry about so I will move Christmas eve if I have to!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Yay Raising!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT "ER DONE!
It is certainly inspiring for all who are still waiting for their buyer in shining armor to come strding in to save the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

And MAYBE??? you will be in a new house by Christmas??!!

I know who Ms. Long is!!! And glad she did what she had to do AND came back...
sometimes I wonder how we are 'tracked' on here, but I'm not going to obsess about it. I am thankful to have this place to come to. I had a local forum I went to once upon a time, that an individual created. But she turned into the dragon queen and about 6-7 of us abandoned ship for our sanity I met bipolar up close and personal, and felt the stab in the back, ouch.... We traitors, LOL, all actually met , had a grand time, and some still stay in touch. Looking back it was so 6th grade, I can laugh about it!

Okay everyone, I need to get soem stuff done so I wil pop on here soon.
Again CONGRATS to Raising!! And everyone else, like I say BREATHE, and IT wll happen at the appointed time!

The same thing happened to one of my groups that I belonged to but several got really nasty that the old ABC board shut it down. Several of us set up a private board by invitation and we have been together for 5 years.
This group has taken all of my putter time so addictive that the other board I read and check in maybe twice a week.
I did find CD by doing a goggle when our ins co dropped us in FL due to the hurricanes and did see the whole post of a person. I also have seen me on Amazon when I would review a book. I don't do that anymore.
I had to think who mrs Long was for a few seconds then it popped in my mind.
Gee I finally found pics of my dd and me on the other computer that hubby finally set up and i was going to put that in an album since we are both smiling for a change don't know what I will do now. I did take all my albums off except the dogs a while ago.
WELCOME Mrs Long and I love my flat top oven except I have to dust it a few times a day. Not stainless but its black. I can also see it from where I am since I am in the dining room wih my lap top all the time.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Raising

Old 11-20-2008, 11:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Helloooo Ms. Long! I can't believe they permanently delete you..almost wonders how much they can do if they know which computer you are using...eek...wish there were another place we could chat peacefully...any ideas? I am not that savvy to figure it out...

Sounds wierd, but I am scared to death to buy again. What if we pick a bad neighborhood? What if we get the neighbors from he**? Trying to do due diligence online but who knows what really lurks out there...

Anyone have any good websites, besides this, for finding out crime stats and school reports in cities? Of course I am not too worried about school since my boys are now adults, but...it does affect the value and resale..NOT THAT WE ARE GOING TO SELL AGAIN...

Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Ms. Long-you only had to contact the mods for a name change-they're very compliant.

Congrats Raising. It's been a long time coming for you.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:28 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ms. Long-you only had to contact the mods for a name change-they're very compliant.

Congrats Raising. It's been a long time coming for you.
Thanks Lacey,

I was trying to cover my tracks, per my daughter's scolding of my being too trusting, so I figured all that would follow me with just a name change. So, at least it is a CD lesson to anyone else who may decide to make a fresh start. You will be banned "forever" on the computer you use if you delete your account. How do they know which computer you use, anyway? Live and learn.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
They probably can track IP addresses and know if multiple names are coming from the same computer...somehow. I don't know how they treat it if people in the same household have individual accts. Supposedly there are those on CD that get banned for naughtiness, but somehow they show back up under new names, so I have read.
I know the Bipolar forum queen's son was computer savvy and she had a way to do it and I know DD can look up IP's too and see who might be *stalking* on myspace, etc.
Computers are a strange new world,eh?

You know we COULD do a forum else where, there out there by the dozens If the she devil could create one, well It couldn't be that hard! but I like it here for now

Old 11-20-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Helloooo Ms. Long! I can't believe they permanently delete you..almost wonders how much they can do if they know which computer you are using...eek...wish there were another place we could chat peacefully...any ideas? I am not that savvy to figure it out...

Sounds wierd, but I am scared to death to buy again. What if we pick a bad neighborhood? What if we get the neighbors from he**? Trying to do due diligence online but who knows what really lurks out there...

Anyone have any good websites, besides this, for finding out crime stats and school reports in cities? Of course I am not too worried about school since my boys are now adults, but...it does affect the value and resale..NOT THAT WE ARE GOING TO SELL AGAIN...

Where are you looking Barb? If you know use the CD board also. I was on the realtor board yesterday or maybe this one and someone posted zibcodes on declining areas. That covers most of the US but if you could find an area that is not declining maybe that is a good start . The down side is you will not find the bargins. I found CD very helpful though. I told them what area and would get DM on what neighborhoods where good or bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate