Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 09:57 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times

Advertisements

Hey........welcome AnalyzeThis! This is where all the cool sellers come to play!!

Spent most of the day getting more eBay auctions ready, but wanted to mention some of the things that we did. Now, keep in mind that we are in rural PA about and hour NE of Pittsburgh, so with the price we are asking we couldn't do a lot of upgrades.

First, of course, we cleaned all the windows which is a chore because hubby has to get on the ladder to do it and it's a feat getting him to do that. We found out that Soft Scrub with bleach does wonders on dirty vinyl window sill. Just don't use it on the glass because it WILL scratch it. Then we replaced all the outside shutters with the vinyl ones from Lowe's. And then the cleaning, decluttering, etc. Then we rearranged some of our wall art to better show the size of the rooms. We had already remodeled the kitchen about 10 years ago with good oak cabinets, but I had to clean them. Then I used Pledge Orange Oil on them and they looked so much richer! I can't recommend this stuff too highly for any kind of wood. it really brings out the richness......plus makes your house smell really good!

I totally agree with swapping out hardware and light fixtures. I'm wondering if we should do that in our kitchen as well because the stained glass light in there is 30 years old. Unfortunately, for some stupid reason the idiot builder decided to put swirls in the plaster on the ceiling and center the light inside the swirl. Sounds cool but they didn't center the swirl in the dining area!! So we can't center our table right underneath the lamp. How stupid is that. Unfortunately because of the way the swirl is, you can't just move the light. I also read something today that said that you shouldn't put the new energy saving lights in the bathroom, kitchen or laundry room. It said that they can throw off a greenish hue that doesn't work well in those rooms. And if you have ceiling fans, take off the glass shades and put them through the dishwasher! I was amazed how much nicer they looked!

One thing that our realtor told us was to NOT get the carpets cleaned until right before we closed because of people traipsing through for showing. Now admittedly they aren't too awful, but I questioned that. Now that a good chunk of our furniture is moved out I'm wondering if we shouldn't get it done anyhow.

Went across the street to get the guy to order my new pistol and while over there a SUV drove past really slow, went up the hill, turned around and drove back again. We were standing in the other guy's yard and wondered what was going on. Maybe............

Old 09-27-2008, 10:11 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Everything has a price.for you mr. lowballer, i have very very special price...come close, i whisper to you

Crazyma you are the best!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Rothbear you are gonna be one bads&&, gun toting hot mama Like daddy always said, shoot first, ask questions later.... And if by some fluke you do go to prison, at least you ain't dead.

Well it is close to turning in time for me...and this fallish night weather reminds of summer camps back in the good ole day....and the playing of Taps *ligths out*...there are no lyrics, but these words are among some commonly sung...
Fading light dims the sight
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright

From afar drawing nigh,
Falls the night.

Day is done, gone the sun
From the hills, from the lake, from the sky
All is well, safely rest;
God is nigh.

Then goodnight, peaceful night;
Till the light of the dawn shineth bright.
God is near, do not fear,
Friend, goodnight.

sleep well peeps.......breathe, breathe and rest..............

Old 09-28-2008, 06:12 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
but I had to clean them. Then I used Pledge Orange Oil on them and they looked so much richer! I can't recommend this stuff too highly for any kind of wood. it really brings out the richness......plus makes your house smell really good!

Went across the street to get the guy to order my new pistol and while over there a SUV drove past really slow, went up the hill, turned around and drove back again. We were standing in the other guy's yard and wondered what was going on. Maybe............
Did they make your cabinets oily feeling? I am having a really hard time finding anything that does not make them feel greasy after I clen them.

Good luck with the drive by stalker!!!

Kristine

Old 09-28-2008, 06:33 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Here's a little secret my husband showed me. If you have vinyl shutters, use Armor-All. makes em look brand new, even if they are pretty faded.
Good morning, everyone. thanks for the laugh, crazyma!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Hammy-morning. I've used both the Pledge orange oil and Murphy's Oil Soap.

Good luck all-we've had 0 showings in 3 weeks, 1 month to go-oh and 4 internet hits yesterday.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Morning to all of the weary, teary eyed, stressed out sellers! Well here we are on a Sunday a.m. with nothing new to say or report, no drive bys, no teasers, nothing but internet hits. I do think the hits are just people day dreamin with nothing better to do and that they probably don't realize that the sellers anticipate inquiries from those hits. I have had 1200 hits and only 6 calls on horse property site, geezzzeee! Now here is something I actually dreamed last nite. That all the houses came off the market, no more for sale, and we are told NO ONE is going anywhere...strange. But I woke up wondering what would happen if everyone took their houses off the market for say 30 days? Then what would happen with the doom and gloomers, the media and all the low ballers?

Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times
Good Morning everyone,

Welcome aboard AnalyzeThis! You have found a great group of peeps!

We are within one day of our buyers signing off on all contingencies! *bites nails* I should know by tomorrow sometime if they have agreed to do so. Here in CA, that means that they will lose the earnest money deposit should they decide to back out of the contract... I will be glad when this waiting is over. (I am losing sleep over this entire process, and I now have some huge bags under my eyes - not very attractive, I'm afraid). Once we have the contingencies signed off, I will move full steam ahead with packing, etc., which I am anxious to continue, since closing is scheduled for Oct. 23.

We have almost completed the "fix it" list that resulted from the inspection. Thank goodness it was only minor repairs that needed to be completed.

Please keep us in your thoughts that tomorrow will bring good news! I will certainly be sending selling mojo and dust to all of you sellers!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning to all of the weary, teary eyed, stressed out sellers! Well here we are on a Sunday a.m. with nothing new to say or report, no drive bys, no teasers, nothing but internet hits. I do think the hits are just people day dreamin with nothing better to do and that they probably don't realize that the sellers anticipate inquiries from those hits. I have had 1200 hits and only 6 calls on horse property site, geezzzeee! Now here is something I actually dreamed last nite. That all the houses came off the market, no more for sale, and we are told NO ONE is going anywhere...strange. But I woke up wondering what would happen if everyone took their houses off the market for say 30 days? Then what would happen with the doom and gloomers, the media and all the low ballers?
Oh my gosh, do you live in my head? I was daydreaming about that yesterday! You know since every buyer believes we are at their mercy, I started wondering how it would be if there was no inventory of homes for them to choose from. Then the only properties that would be left are run down foreclosures owned by the banks. At which point the banks, of course, will monopolize the market and increase the asking price 150% and buyers will come knocking at our doors begging us to sell our homes. LoL but alas...then I woke up..lol

Old 09-28-2008, 09:02 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Welcome aboard AnalyzeThis! You have found a great group of peeps!

We are within one day of our buyers signing off on all contingencies! *bites nails* I should know by tomorrow sometime if they have agreed to do so. Here in CA, that means that they will lose the earnest money deposit should they decide to back out of the contract... I will be glad when this waiting is over. (I am losing sleep over this entire process, and I now have some huge bags under my eyes - not very attractive, I'm afraid). Once we have the contingencies signed off, I will move full steam ahead with packing, etc., which I am anxious to continue, since closing is scheduled for Oct. 23.

We have almost completed the "fix it" list that resulted from the inspection. Thank goodness it was only minor repairs that needed to be completed.

Please keep us in your thoughts that tomorrow will bring good news! I will certainly be sending selling mojo and dust to all of you sellers!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Anitajas I know that things will work out for you! I am sure it has been a very long journey for you and you can see the finish line in sight. But good vibes out to the universe and you will get it back. I have faith that we'll be getting a great update from you tomorrow Thanks for the welcome by the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate