Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey Rothbear, I took offense to you calling Pa a dumpy state, then I realized, hey, I want outta here, too!!! JK. Well, got my hopes up yesterday when I saw a moving truck at our loud neighbor;s house. (Our last showing, one of em showed up in their loud car and got their dogs barking when our lookers were checking out our backyard.) I called my husband, whispering as I was snooping thru the trees. I even thought that since it was the last day of the month, they must be moving out. Well, I dont know what happened, but people still there, and even worse, dogs still barking. *sigh*
Sounds like you are living in our neighborhood!! We have constantly barking dogs across the stree and several of the families have ATVs and they all think the road out front is their private ATV trail. The two brothers that originally built these houses kids were really rotten. Not near enough space here to list what they have done over the years. Of course they were into motorbikes and ATVs. Now those bratty kids have grown up and have bratty kids of their own......and yes, they are all into motorbikes and ATVs. The house up here that sold last spring were friends of their and THEY all have ATVs. We bacame the "bad neighbors" many years ago by asking them to please not roar up and down the road for hours on end. Well, now the one brother who still lives here definately would like to see us move.......even so much that he keeps mowing the area at the end of the road where the for sale sign is. I just wish that he would hurry up and find another friend and family who wants to move here!!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Good grief I was born around 45 and I would never pass inspection.lol
If you can try and make it work and get rid of the load of two homes.
Lorrie..my husband was born in 45 and I KNOW he would never pass inspection..lol and I was born in 53 and I would pass inspection even less.that's a good one..

Old 10-02-2008, 08:45 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
How is everyone doing this morning?! It is a pretty day here in Wichita...thank goodness. I have to go to the dentist then later drive across town to a new opthamologist, the only one on insurance that is a prescribing one... I got so fed up with the other eye doc trying to get a prescription I can use. So maybe this one will get a handle on things

Wonder how this 'bail out' is gonna affect the RE market??? Me thinks they need to be calling for some resignations
Have a good one, and catch you later!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Well from what I have been hearing and reading they seem to think that the market isn't going to see a change for another 60-90 days. The thought is people will continue to sit until they see how the bailout is gonna work and what it is gonna do to the credit/mortgage co. the thing is alot of people want to buy but can not get the finances now, even folks with good credit. I have actually spoke to afew local brokers and here is what they tell me is required and they ask up front prior to even pulling reports.
1. How much do you need-they weren't interested in small amounts, less than 150k
2. How much down-they are wanting 20%-25%
3 How long at employement-they want 2 yrs min and for relocation it best be with same company.
4. Credit scores above 700
5. No adverse credit problems-no collections ect, not even medical which was never the issue in the pass
6. Debt ratio

And it may get worse. I don't know many average folks that can meet these requirments and it will probably eliminate those looking at homes under 200k and under the age of 40.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 AM

Good morning, all..

I am not an overly political gal, but I am with CrazyMa! I think every single mn and woman in Washington should be kicked to the curb and just let this country start fresh..when are these legislators going to stop thinking about politics and just let this country get to healing? What a mess...

It's raining...of course..I am in WA state, after all...I like it..but ask me in a couple months when I am cutting the webs out of my feet!

Need to get some work done here before I poop out..yes I know it's early..what can I say???

Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning, all..

I am not an overly political gal, but I am with CrazyMa! I think every single mn and woman in Washington should be kicked to the curb and just let this country start fresh..when are these legislators going to stop thinking about politics and just let this country get to healing? What a mess...

It's raining...of course..I am in WA state, after all...I like it..but ask me in a couple months when I am cutting the webs out of my feet!

Need to get some work done here before I poop out..yes I know it's early..what can I say???
I am with you guys. I am just SICK with all that is going on. I cannot believe that Congress pumped 1.5 billion dollards MORE into this bill in the last day! Now it is 850 BILLION DOLLARS! There should be absolutely NO pork in this thing AT ALL and it is COVERED with it.

Sorry....I get very emotional about this subject....

Kristine

Old 10-02-2008, 09:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
I'm with you all-the pork hidden is so disgusting. When are these a--holes going to start looking out for us instead of their own interests. I have never seen a country so divided in all my years and I fear for my kids and grandkids futures.

Enuf-I'm off the soapbox now.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 AM

Lacey..agreed..we are not so worried for ourselves, we will be ok..it's our sons and future grandkids..the younger son that lives near Sacramento bought a new townhouse a little over a year ago, thank goodness..I don't think he would qualify now, even with the drop in values...we helped him with the downpayment..the older son shares an apartment in SoCal with 2 friends, hopefully someday he will also own a home, but he is not ready for that yet..he is too busy having a good time..he's single, what the hay..

It's terribly worrisome, I thought oh good the senate fixed the bill until I saw all those earmarks, or rather, bribes. It's just not making sense to me..

Off the soapbox, too..have enough fish to fry around here!

Have a good one!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
oh my my what a pissy day so far...dentist is talking a couple of implants.....around $3000 EACH...
urgh...........
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THS FREAKING COUNTRY

now to the eye doc...........what now

Old 10-02-2008, 01:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Default Sorry I haven't been around

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around lately. I've been doing some packing in anticipation of selling the house and moving to Virginia to be with my DH. The house has been on the market for 5 months now 2 showings and still no offers. I live in a very depressed area of Michigan and most of the sales are foreclosures that are selling for 60 - 80K. My house is listed @ 225K which is a great price for a 2100 sq ft house on a private lake. Anyway St Joseph is buried and I say my prayers everyday.

When I am here I'm usually hanging out in P&OC and Elections. As you can see by my Name:  ico-mod.gif
Views: 103
Size:  694 Bytes I became a mod here at CD a few weeks ago. It sure keeps me busy!

I'll try to stop in more often now that the weather is getting cooler. I love being outdoors, but here in Michigan that will come to an end all too soon.

gin
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate