Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 AM

620 posts, read 1,948,084 times

Advertisements

Dogmom-Thank you for the support! Your post made me laugh about your son. My oldest is a senior and he loves when we go shopping because of the reason you stated- we pay! My middle child ( 13) on the other hand LOATHES shopping. He can't stand just being in the store. I am sure it wont be long before he gets into it especially when he is more in to girls than football! I bet you were one of the cool moms. I * think* my boys think we are sort of cool just because we are a little younger than a lot of their friends parents. Some of the kids they hang around with can't believe we *KNOW* their music! I guess music keeps you young.

Post a pic of your diva glasses when you get home! We want to see. Maybe we all need a pair of diva glasses to keep us refreshed.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,512,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hello everyone!

Michie - so happy for you! Good for you for sticking to what you wanted! Isn't it fun to find a new house?

Painter - maybe those folks will see the light and rush to make an offer on your place! Crossing fingers for you.

Rothbear - safe trip - we will be in the NC soon! Not too far from you!

Dogmom - have a wonderful trip visiting with your son and future d i l.

This is such a great group - pixie dust and prayers to all!

Our buyers are coming for the final walk through tomorrow morning. I cleaned the house the best I could with all of the boxes and moving supplies... I'm sure they will understand. I have all the receipts for them for the minor repairs we made, and all of the documentation for the appliances, etc. I hope they are as excited as we are.

We received the signed contract from the bank today on the home we are buying in NC! We are so excited! Inspection tomorrow, and then just wait until we get there for the closing!

Closing here is next Thursday, and then the following Wed. in NC. Please send good wishes that everything goes according to plan!

Thanks for being here - you peeps are the best!

Anita

Rothbear and Anita. Where in NC will you be? My brother lives in beaufort and we live only 4 hours away from him. It would be so nice to get together some time when you are all settled in. we live in NW NC.
Lorrie

Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,435,592 times
Raising that is just horrible, I am sorry it didn't work out. Been there done that and the emotions run from one end to the other.

Can someone send some of the fall weather my way?? I just came in, trim shrubs and painted all the railings on my back deck and I got sunburned! Yep, tank, shorts and barefooted it is in the high 80's and the sun is shining bright. It took me all day and all that is left is putting the piles in the wheel barrow. Well I will need to paint the deck floor now. One thing leads to another!

Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM

336 posts, read 862,909 times
Painter I send you some beautiful fall weather from here in the Pacific Northwest. It is about 3:15pm and it is sunny out but a nice cool 53 Degrees out. Here we dream of that kind of weather you are having come January.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,257,562 times
Well, raining here...what else is new..if you don't like the weather, just wait, it will change soon enough
Ok here are some pics we took today...first me in my diva sunglasses
Taken at the old Olympia Brewery in Olympia, those are the Tumwater Falls behind me..gosh they were stunning...I had been wanting to stop there so I made DogPaw drive there, lol

The old Olympia Brewery building...it's for lease

Can't forget the trees at Costco..remember, I come from red rocks, no trees

Did I say it was cold, lol
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/100_0093.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,435,592 times
Dogmon, You look COOL in those diva glasses! You noted the brewery is for lease? Maybe we should all pool together and move in! Crazyma's overnite camp, revamp, refresh, and reload...a new twist to the commune societies of the 60's!

I am hoping the coming week end will bring us all some rest and some good offers!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM

571 posts, read 1,047,806 times
Hi everyone,

Wow, Dogmom - those pics are awesome! What a beautiful place! And you look so cool in your new sunglasses...

Painter - best wishes for an offer and a relaxing weekend.

To all others - you are in my thoughts. Sellers - dust for offers this weekend. To those in process of packing - may little fairies come and pack up the rest of your stuff!

Well, we had the walk through yesterday and it went really well! I'd be very surprised if these people decided to walk at the last minute. They love the house! They have 3 school age children, and our home backs up to a park which backs up to an elementary school, so they can easily walk the kids out of the gate that we have that goes directly to the park/school. And they love everything that we have done to the house.

I gave them one of my fireplace screens, along with some other items as well... want those buyers to be happy!

One more week until closing! Then travel to NC, and wait another week until we close there. Exciting times... stressful, very busy, but not too busy to check in with my fellow boot camp members.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Anita

Old 10-16-2008, 11:26 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,167,700 times
Up and at it troops!! Days a wasting I'm up....barely
Wow It is so cool that many of you are moving up and moving on!
Anita...now that was a nifty house to have with the park and school closeby...so handy! I grew up caty corner to the elementary school, and my mom could watch me walk in the front door...well run usually
Barb, love the bright red trees, so cheery it makes you feel warm. Maybe those colors help you to acclimate to the nippy cool weather..warm colors. Imagine if the trees turned blues, pinks or purple..Whoo that would make me shiver me timbers! And WOW that brewery building. I wish I could afford someting llike that , to turn into a condo/commune kinda thing. I can't beleive someone doesn't snatch it up for conversion.(Crazyma's Center for the Odd) I adore old buildings/finding new uses for stuff.....
I was looking over my *list*...haven't heard from these folks lately best I can recall- let us know how it's going with ya!!!!
Texasgirl, mawoods, IDtoTX, millie61, springbean, mayfair, tapestry............to name a few

Darn I kept trying to put a of swirling PIXIE leaves, but it won't do!!! I was gonna send y'all some Good luck leaves...aarrgghh...I'll be back!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:09 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,335,115 times
SH*******T.
Feedback for the out of state people that supposedly LOVED our house.....and the client was supposedly flying in!to see it??
they didn't like that we didn't have an upgraded kitchen and granite countertops!. For the price they are getting it at...what a joke.. All the homes in our development do basic (ours are 36 in. cabs)stainless appliances we would kick in for full price offer...all less than 8 mo. old appliances!My realtor told their realtor to tell them they will be needing to spend alot more money for the cherry cabs and granite.... **** me off since I have kitchen pics up....
I am pissed. That was our only hope. Guess it wasn't meant to be. Maybe it would have fallen through. We are not upgrading to granite tops/counters and spending an extra 20,000 so they could lowball us even more!!
The other showing --my realtor never heard back from the other realtor.
I have a feeling I am stuck here for awhile.

Dogmom-cool sunglasses! love the pics./.
Raising3boys-I am sorry !! It sucks,doesn't it???? What a pain in the arse!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,257,562 times
Socks, that sucks..plain and simple. you can't please everybody, sometimes you can't please nobody. I know I sat there for many hours trying to figure out what was wrong with our house, what could i do to fix it better, what were they looking for..i even went to model homes and took pictures and did some cheap decorating, well i bought cheap it looked good Finally the right buyer came in. Some of these buyers want it all, plus some. Not your fault and out of your control.

Maybe with winter settling in this might be a good time to start enjoying the fall weather, the leaves turning, the holidays coming up, our families. I know I am a great one to talk, but if we had not sold i would have rented out the casita, i was planning on it in the next month or so, then we got the offer. I would have stayed put for a while.

This is my favorite time of year, decorate your homes, use your stuff. I didn't even decorate for christmas last year, we had everything put away ready for storage, and heavens what if someone not of the christian faith came through and saw a tree. Scr** that.

Anyway, hang tight..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate