Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

Lacey, You fix up to much and you won't want to sell and then someone that had looked before will come back and make you an offer and you will have to raise it so they can lowball and you will then get what you wanted to begin with phweeee that is a long inproper sentence.

p.s. I hope they insulate then hang the rock!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
I don't know if we're doing it for "them" or just for us as it looks like we'll be here for another freezing, freaky MN winter.

NJSocks-your home is beautiful and very well priced for your area.

Thanks for the Goodwill top-love Target!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Sykes.......The LnT up near our PA house started their sale early this spring and it is closed now. I think they started with a few of the more non-performing stores and went from there. I'll have to check to see if the ones down here are still open and go see what I can find. I need a fancy curtain rod for on my dining room windows. The early sales were pretty crappy, but they got better. Unfortunately most of the place was cleaned out by then. We found a couple really neat wire mesh baskets with adjustable dividers and used them in the pantry to put small things in so they won't fall through the wire shelving.

Took a trip today to Staples and got my new scrapbooking chair. Now I just have to put it together. Wasn't about to pay them $8 for something I am perfectly able to do myself. Hit WalMart for some misc. things and then went and checked out the range.

The only bad thing is that I am a bit bored in the evenings. Friday was our day to go out to din-din, but I'll be having a ham and cheese sandwich and soup, I guess. I did hit Chik-Fil-A for lunch, though. Guess I'm going to have to break down and call Comporium and Time Warner to get something set up for TV. The 13 channels that we get with our HOA are totally BORING!

I have to sheepishly admit that I like watching the HGTV shows, but I hate it when the buyers do! Or else they need to put a warning before they show the program................WARNING: Not all homes on the market have these upgrades in them, or are justified to have these upgrades! When you are selling for way less than $200 grand, it's abominable to expect granite, etc.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:45 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hey sykes...apparnetly some stores were slated to close beofre now...but NOW ALL of them are closing. ALL. And oh yes I LOVE THRIFT stores.
Looire I saw mirrors but didn't pay close attention to what was there, but they had'em

I am scratching me head trying to decide if I would like to put something over the wood blinds in the living room.I think for winter at least it could be cozier. And I am one of the wacky ones ( that wasn't a stretch huh? LOL) and I have some demin blue 'accent' walls and a lighter tone everywhere else...........so what to do.... (there's a pic on me album if anyone is daring enough to look...the quilt is off the hearth and a spath plant there now...Iw as thinking just a linen beige maybe?)
Great. I have the perfect mirror in Hubby's office but it goes so well with his 2nd desk that is also Cherry. We have two black and white family pics that are 28 buy 24. One is of my bro and me when we were 2 and mom and dad and the other is hubby's three brothers when they were two also and his parents wedding pic. I need a mirror over my writing desk since the wall is so long and it looks so empty and a small mirror would be perfect and it wouldn't take anything away from those pictures. Hubby had tham made for me about two years ago since we have such a small family and even though they (our parents) have long since passed away I can look at those pictures and they feel so close to me.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

Here is my biggest rant on HG, the show that is My house is worth what? Okay every house is picture perfect, gated or high dollar neighborhoods, the owners are always within 5k of what it comes in at and then when they all stand around and look stupid at each other trying to build up the suspense for the realtors answer. And everyone that is not "updated" are baths/kitchen and they say oh spend----and you will get it back. Oh and they say the house bought in 2004 for xxx but they never say when these so called experts are there putting the price on it. Hardly ever do the house decline in value, yea right this reality tv at its finest!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM

Default xmas

I can't believe it but I bought and sent so my daughter can wrap a christmas gift yesterday. It is a WII game and I even forget the name of it but it was on Amazon. I guess I should start bugging the kids for what they want. 2 gifts each and some stocking stuffers that I will just pick out myself and bring them to CA when we go on the 24th. I usually start early Nov.This is a year to remember.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM

lorriem, Good for you. I was always the one that was finished with gift shopping in time for Holloween. Hate the mad rush and the long lines. This yrs list is short thou.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
I'm cheap...I usually give thrift stores finds or homemade to DD and her family, and the notorious undies and socks Maybe a Bitty Baby for Miss Thang........$42 for a doll?? ( she was so funny the other day...she insists she wants an Asian one, nothing wrong with that, but it was so funny hearing her say not white, not black.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAsian, I want Asian!)
Hubby & I do nothing, it's christmas all year long here LOL
and I usually make something for my dad & mom, or get little things like notepads or lotion....They have EVERYTHING, seriously.

HEY ROTH, are there any chik Fila Dwarf Houses there??? Oh I love those HOT BROWNS!!
odd tidbit- I took a whole box of chikfila samiches, like 50 or so, to Rio de Janeiro back in 1987 for Mrs. Cathy( their daughter was a missionary there)....her son in law met me at the airport. Yeah they keep 12 hours, and that plane smelled delicious the whole time!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
lorriem, Good for you. I was always the one that was finished with gift shopping in time for Holloween. Hate the mad rush and the long lines. This yrs list is short thou.
Mine also and i do it all online and have it delivered to my daughter. She loves wrapping gifts. I don't know why?
Lorrie

Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Painter, I agree about that show "what is my house worth?" I hate it but find myself watching it.
NJSOCKS in Atlanta in my old neighborhood with a golf course, etc. you can get granite, custom cabinets, travetine tile step in shower, granite counters in bath, and alot more than I am finding for more money in Huntsville!! Very discouraging.
The news here is that we walked away from the negotiation/contract with the seller this morning. They used the old bait and switch thing. The only thing I really liked about the house was the lot on a small pond and a view of the rolling hills/small mountain. The house was really boring and overpriced and they act like they are doing me a favor. We will continue looking. I know God has a house for me.AND I know that you will all be out of this mess soon. Have a wonderful weekend!Crazy Ma - thanks for the hug!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate