Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 12:34 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,162,103 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll be able to learn a lot from all of you veterans.

I'll try to catch up on with everyone tonight. I'm at work right now and for some odd reason they expect me to be productive while I'm here!

Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
I'm here too! Thanks for continuing the camp. Just spoke to my agent and she recieved calls from 2 buyers' agents saying their clients are getting the mortgages in place and will be writing offers this week. We also have 2 showings today, and one wants a 30 day closing (so do we!) Will let you all know....

Have a great week all...
Outstanding!!!! I am so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
I'm enlisting! I'm planning on listing my house next spring. I've never sold a house before, and based on the experience of all of my fellow recruits, I guess I'm in for an adventure.
Welcome to the crew. You will find that these people are a blessing when it comes to selling your house. It is so nice to come here and vent, share happiness, and others sucess.

Kristine

Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Wow, peeps, you guys have been busy
SO thrilled you found your way to the boot camp# 2 (shouldn't that be an air freshener for houses? and release mojo to get your buyers to offer?? HEY sellers- Get those offers now---Boot Camp#2...as seen on TV ...ROTFL Special-3 for $10 Triple saturate your house for maximum effect!)

ANYWAY
BIG howdy for JANETTVJ ...welcome to boot camp...you can laugh, cry, scream...& we will be there for you! So you are in Baltimore....where may I ask are you hoping to move to?

HDL....your orders are to incite mass WRITES all over CD <grin>

Texasgirl....I will play taps for joe's 2nd service

Raising....luved the garbage truck....thanks goodness we have 'trucks' to help haul IT away!

Painter...that royally sucks....hope the niece won't let it slide...I'd demand a new agent from the broker.

Brookdale...maybe you will have so many offers come in and be Crazy with deciding

Mawoods....movers...ah a wunnerful word! We know you will be busy....pop in when you can & do let us know how 'bama is!

Scone...yes reason...that 6 letter word many have forgotten along with commonsense huh?

njsocks...can you get the widnow spots to spell out buy me?? maybe a new subliminal technique

Judyp, Hammy, m-aMOM( should have called a press conference for the new thread eh?) , D-Mom, Anita, Sykes and Lacey glad to see you all back too!!!

All of your peeps are the greatest......and I hereby send a huge cloud of pixie dust mojo shooting up and over the good ole US of A for all of you!!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:59 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Now that's pixie dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Welcome, Janet!

I just got an email from my realtor. She said that she's gotten two phone calls from people who saw the sign in our yard. She thinks we may get two showings tomorrow and will let me know when she knows more.

I've been feeling a little depressed and it's nice to get some possible good news. It was starting to feel like cleaning as much as I do is a waste of time. Yeah, we had the one showing last Monday, but I expected more after dropping our price yet again. *sigh*

Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of hoping and praying. It's been nearly 10 months now and we're still here. *sigh* (Yes, I know I sigh a lot. lol) I feel like I have very little faith left. I know a little is all we need ("as a grain of mustard seed"), but I've always been a very faithful and optimistic person. I don't know how some people can be negative all the time. I've been on the negative side for a couple weeks now and I'm sick of it. lol

Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 PM

157 posts, read 446,088 times
Thanks for starting the new thread Crazyma! I found it!

Brookdale - wouldn't that be amazing if you had 2 offers to choose from! I was dreaming that would happen to us.

Dogmom - where in Meridian do your relatives live? We were in SE Meridian. We really liked it there.

Janetvj - welcome to the group.

Niki - try not to get too down. I know how it is...Our house closed 2 days before it would have been the 1 year anniversary from when we listed it. These are just tough times but it will happen.

I had to keep telling myself while I was going through the awful process of selling our house, that there was a reason that we didn't sell for so long. Not sure what it was but I am a true believer that things happen for a reason.

Hey to everyone else...

Old 09-22-2008, 03:39 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,007 times
Sorry have not been around much girlies but have had my best friend here from home (UK) so we have been non-stop shopping girlie nights out. Will need a 2 weeks rest when she has gone !!!
Have had a busy summer eldest graduated OTC for the Army and is now in Virginia and will be there for the next 3 years. But has still not yet had all his junk removed !!! waiting for Army to come and collect it - sure my house will breathe a sigh of relief. Youngest went off to College, have had various visitors and also threats of the dreaded hurricanes - which we left Florida to escape.
We took our house off the market a few weeks ago but are going to be putting it back on in the next couple of weeks.
Then we will just wait patiently - if possible !!! and see what happens.
I am looking forward to sitting and reading all your posts next week - will need cheering up then.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
Crazyma-That cloud might be enough to do the trick!

Niki-I don't even have words to say really except- sometimes you just have to SCREAM!! I understand what you mean about the negativity, it can get to you. Its like your tired of being sick and tired and waiting for those buyers knocking at your door.

Well, our saga continues...
My husband called Cartus for an update and they told us our agent still hasnt sent in the contract. He called our agent. She said, that she was waiting for the buyer's agent to send it back to us. ( IT IS LIKE 40 pages!) Its like we actually are selling the home to Cartus and they sell it to the buyer. We get our money after we get the contract.

Anyhow, he told our agent we haven't heard anything about the inspection. She said, What inspection? HELLOOOOO. Your agency called us to set it up. Well, she said the buyers were not smart, because they haven't evens signed an "official" contract to buy from Cartus. Oh good grief.
She did say though that they are Really interested and are good for the sale because they pursued the inspection so quick!

It doesn't help us however. I wont feel good until we have everything in place! The buyers' agent is out of town now. I'm like ugh!

We are just in limbo right now. I want to go ahead and get preapproved, but really we need all the money in the bank for the sale of the house. I just don't like this one bit! LOL. Does any of us like this buying/selling? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
I hate being in Limbo, too. Even though we eventually sold, after 10 months, we are still in limbo-land. Not permanently settled. My cousin stopped by for a while today and wanted to know what we were doing for Thanksgiving!? Crap, I dont even know where I'll be. I am assuming I'll be here, but who knows. Don't even get me started on Christmas..would love to spend with the boys and Lainie (the younger one's fiancee) but not sure if we can get down to Sacramento, and not sure if they can get here. Oh my.
And I am assuming another year with NO christmas tree. This sucks.

Well, now I am going to think of some good things to think about..maybe I am just tired.

But I do hate Limbo Land..

Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 PM

183 posts, read 686,326 times
Hi everyone! I'm new here, I've been lurking but just hadn't posted yet! We listed our house last Thursday and had our first showing on Sunday. It's amazing how quickly you forget how much selling a house SUCKS!!!! Especially in a market like this. I have no idea what to expect, we are priced right, have a nice clean home and well manicured lawn, but we also have 3 foreclosures one street over. I am sooo frustrated by those damn foreclosures. How much competition are they? Hopefully not much, I hear they are harder to get a hold of nowadays. I'm sure I will be around needing support over next few months (praying that's all it takes!)

Here's my house:
Single Family Home - 703 Green Vista Ct, Round Rock, TX, 78665 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/realestate/round+rock-tx-78665-1103253613/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate