Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Sounds like Kimberling City does have a school didtrict--( Reeds Springs School District )
That was my take too. There are many, many places in the U.S. without their own school districts. This does not mean that the local property tax bills do not contain a line item for schools, somewhere. Perhaps the allocation to Kimberling is insignificant due to a lack of school- aged children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoman View Post
no property taxes in stafford, tx
True and no state taxes in Texas. I have begun to research this issue its important to me one can never truly own your land unless you can be free of paying any taxes on it. I have read that there are 13 states that dont tax at the state level. Texas is one of them and that in Texas while most local property taxes are high there are a few towns ( less than a dozen ) that also have no property taxes . Stafford is the largest. Another is Alma.

I have also read that there are cities in Tennessee that have no property taxes and its one of the states with no state property tax.These are all small cities .Two of them are Mount Juliet and Coopertown.

The states known for the lowest property taxes overall are Lousiana and Alabama.

I will follow up if I can in future with more info if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Rosestars; 03-01-2010 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,120 times
Default UMayRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Nothing in life is free.

I don't think they have property taxes on the moon yet and there is still land to homestead. Getting there can be a problem.

We have just listed 617 acres of allodial land for sale with some ocean frontage on Vancouver Island. There are no property taxes but there are Rural Land taxes for the service the government provides in the region. Total taxes amount to $1500/year. You could easily live off the land and fish the ocean and build your own retreat. There are about 130 acres of old growth rainforest trees.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosestars View Post

Another is Alma.
I just read that Alma has no property taxes and relies solely on sales taxes to sustian themselves.

The school district has been "placed in a state of disrepair due to a lack of stability". Sounds like a lovely spot to call home.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosestars View Post

I have also read that there are cities in Tennessee that have no property taxes and its one of the states with no state property tax.These are all small cities .Two of them are Mount Juliet and Coopertown.
"No city tax" is not the same thing as no property taxes.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:39 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
I haven't read through this entire thread, just the first page, and I wanted to say that in Bernalillo County, NM (Albuquerque) there are NO property taxes for veterans.

I was honored to be able to vote for that initiative during our time in New Mexico.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I haven't read through this entire thread, just the first page, and I wanted to say that in Bernalillo County, NM (Albuquerque) there are NO property taxes for veterans.

I was honored to be able to vote for that initiative during our time in New Mexico.
According to the county website:

Veterans’ exemption – $4000 (a disabled veteran is 100% exempt from property taxation)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate