Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,994,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian Mason View Post
HEY HEY HEY!! No lumping all full service brokers together. I take excellent pics...thank you very much
But you're the exception to the rule!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Wow, that is funny!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM

53 posts, read 332,100 times
My old agent put a picture up of my house with her arm in half the picture and when I asked her about it she said nothing was wrong with it!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:11 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-Willy View Post
Two were on redfin. Most were listed by full service brokers.
Full service broker=crummy pics

Some folks just can't ever pass up an opportunity to try to stifle competition.
4 of the first 9 were redfin
1 of the 9 was a referal comany and another was from a bloggers site
So basically 4 out of the first 7 were redfin

I will stand by my statement.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
4 of the first 9 were redfin
1 of the 9 was a referal comany and another was from a bloggers site
So basically 4 out of the first 7 were redfin

I will stand by my statement.
If you're trying to make the point that you get better pictures by using a full service broker, you failed.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
If you're trying to make the point that you get better pictures by using a full service broker, you failed.
On average you will get better overall service and more of it from a full service broker than a discount broker.

This is not to say that some full service brokers are not lax in the picture taking department.

Going through a couple of more pages I came across 2 more redfin on the 3rd page and 4 more on the 4th.

As I said, on average you will get better service from the full service broker.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
On average you will get better overall service and more of it from a full service broker than a discount broker.

This is not to say that some full service brokers are not lax in the picture taking department.

Going through a couple of more pages I came across 2 more redfin on the 3rd page and 4 more on the 4th.

As I said, on average you will get better service from the full service broker.
You said nothing about "on average." You said discount broker = discount pictures. I feel sorry for the Jillian Mason's of the world who, by your way of thinking, should be lumped together with people who obviously lack integrity.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
You said nothing about "on average." You said discount broker = discount pictures. I feel sorry for the Jillian Mason's of the world who, by your way of thinking, should be lumped together with people who obviously lack integrity.
I just said "on average" in the post you just quoted or did you miss that.

Sometimes people need to add to their post because certain individuals will try to tell everyone else what that person is thinking.

This is evidenced by you posting, "by your way of thinking".

Never did I mention anyone's lack of integrity. It seems you decided to add that in there to lend credence to your post. How it lends credence I don't know but you must think it does.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
This is evidenced by you posting, "by your way of thinking".
Your way of thinking is seeing a discount broker displaying a bad photo and saying "discount brokers = discount pictures." By that reasoning, when I see a full service broker display a lack of integrity (which I do) I should then lump all full service brokers together.

I guess some full service brokers feel so threatened by discount brokers that they stop worrying about integrity. Oh wait, by your reasoning, all full service brokers do that (on average).

Old 10-10-2008, 04:35 PM

Please, let my shrink tell me what I am thinking. I don't need you doing it.

I have read many of your posts and you do lump most together. When you add a disclaimer at the end of your post similar to "Not all realtors are like this but most are" it shows what you truely feel and you just add that on to give yourself some wiggle room if you are called on it.

I am not threatened in any way by the discount brokers. I have seen them come and I have seen them go and I am still around.
I will not let anyone say you are going to get the same service from one that you would from full service and not say anything.
Of course there will be exceptions to the rule but not often at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate