Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

First off....I got the night off! Woo Hoo!!
Now onto pressing matters....

Lorrie...I still cannot see the pic of your grandson, BUT your granddaughter is simply beautiful!

Raising3boys....First {{{HUGS}}} to you and N! I wouldn't have punished him either. I also agree with your husband....there is an unwritten rule, even with girls! The sad thing is there are many cases on the news where there are several bullys ganging up on one student and it has resulted in a tragic end. I think your son had finally had enough and stood up for himself. Not saying it's right...but you have to teach your children to take a stand for themselves early on or otherwise they will be walked on the rest of their lives. Your son should not have to be bullied because of his race...it shows ignorance on the other kids part and speaks volumes as to how that kid was raised.

On the other hand, I understand the principle's stand on ZERO violence. What grade is your son in? Can you have their classes separated if they are sharing classes? Maybe next year make sure they are not in the same classes. He might have to stick it out for the rest of the school year.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
I agree with Lorrie..it's not fair...I only know how it works in the school office, it's not right but thats probably why he got a suspension too..its a zero tolerance thing, Lorrie you are right, even 10 years ago this would not have happened. Raising, hang in there, this will resolve itself...your son did the right thing, like I said, if it had been my son i would have been disappointed if he had taken that crap..that kid deserved to be popped..

Hang tight girlfriend...and oh by the way, congrats on the house being in such good shape, I bet you were surprised! A nice surprise!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Raising if that other boy SLAPPED your son, heck I would tell the school I want to press charges...let that bully kid and his parents get a dose of juvie, and maybe scare his ass straight.Let them know you mean business.Can you get some kind of restraining order so that boy has to stay a certain distance from your son?? They want zero tolerance, then you take zero tolerance on that other kid slapping your son. Well that is what I would do...read your other posting & like the one poster said....make sure he knows what to do in case this type of situation ever comes up again. I agree no punishment, it is bad enough he defends himself and gets suspended ( which is totally stupid, how about in school supension or something more constructive?? ) Is that the same school your boys are going to from the new house?
I hereby put a CRAZY mojo mind spanking on that bully!!!

Well good that your new house is in better shape than you expected! Happy Anniversary TOO!!

dogmom, did you get more snow? DD said they had about 3-4 inches on Bremerton last night. And they played out in it today and apparently thier cul de sac is a popular hill for the neighborhood folks and all had fun!
Thank goodness ours started melting today, & I could see stars tonight!

I am tired, did more cookies; sandies, C chips, and Reindeer Poop, plus dinner.
Maybe tomorrow I will start one of the paintings I need to get going on...
sweet dreams campers!!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
Hey, y'all.

I just about finished Christmas shopping yesterday. I just have to buy something for one of my nephews. I'm picking my husband up from the airport on Tuesday and we're going to go get new bikes for our kids while my mom watches them. And then I'll be done.

I'm having a hard time typing right now. I keep making mistakes. I cut the tip of my index finger, right above the finger nail, on a plastic lid of all things, while doing dishes. The band-aid is making it difficult to type.

Y'all have a great Friday!

Oh, forgot to say that I couldn't see Texas's picture or the picture of Lorrie's grandson.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Raising two years ago same happened to our grandson. He was being bullied and finally one day had enough and decked the kid. Well he and the other kid were suspended. A few months later they found the other kid was planning a "hit" and had a hit list and a gun and my grandson was #1 and there were others.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Raising two years ago same happened to our grandson. He was being bullied and finally one day had enough and decked the kid. Well he and the other kid were suspended. A few months later they found the other kid was planning a "hit" and had a hit list and a gun and my grandson was #1 and there were others.
See, this is exactly what I was talking about. It's scary.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Oh, forgot to say that I couldn't see Texas's picture or the picture of Lorrie's grandson.
Niki...I moved the photo to a private collection so it disappeared on here. I was doing a test for Lorrie to see if you could make your photos private on photobucket. I moved it back so you should be able to view it on page 99 if you want.

Sorry to hear about your finger! I bought a new bike for my bro-in-law. He wanted one, so I chose that off his "wish" list!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:07 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Lacy that is horrible! Thank GOD they caught the kid.
I shouldn't even get into this discussion! My kids tested my alot on similiar situations. And well there are plenty of stories to go around. But Raisin, I hate you are having to deal with this right now. And I don't agree with the suspension for your son but I do understand their policy.
Let me put another twist to it - if your son was not givin equal punishment then he could become more of a target when the bully came back to school. Several yrs ago in TN, a boy was being bullied & got in house and the bully was sent home. The parents of the bully said it was because he was a minority. When the kid came back to school he put a beaten on that child for being privileged.
Your son had to stand up for himself but I would explain to him that the reason you are on his side is because he did not start it and that he was defending himself. That there are times that you have to defend yourself but to never go looking for trouble. On another note you need to discuss your son's school record with the principal, this is not a mark he needs to be permantly recorded when he heads off to college!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:18 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Did this work.

Granddaughter

What a cutie!!!!

Kristine

Old 12-19-2008, 08:21 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Girls, so much has happened today good and bad.

First, we cleaned the house and found out overall the seller left the house in better shape than anticipated. It was a positive in my book!

Well, then this happened. //www.city-data.com/forum/paren...sing-boys.html

Parenting has to be the toughest job. I am so upset right now. Dh and I celebrated our anniversary in the principal's office. LOL.

Sorry I am venting, but it was a tough day.
Oh I am so sorry this happened to your son. You handled to correctly and I cannot imagine how you feel right now.

On the other hand, your all not being very convincing to me when it comes to having another kid! I have one boy that is a hard little guy to raise..........

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate