Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Texgirl, i see pics of my husband are going around on the internet again, haha! even though i only lived in texas a few years as a kid, i still got a bit in me!
hung out with some friends tonight, learned some interesting stuff about what they think of our house for sale. will share details tomorrow (kinda depressing...) talked with hubby about what we can do to our house when we go back on the market next year. have a good night, peeps.
LOL!!! Please share...I want to know what your friends thought.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnosticCyn View Post
Putting up holiday decorations in a home for sale is determined by your location. If you live in an area where everyone puts them up, then you "have" to put them up also. Otherwise, when prospective buyers walk in, and they don't see any decorations, your home becomes sad and depressing.

I would put up decorations, but don't go CRAZY with them. Just enough to make people feel "happy" when looking at your property. And, if you can find something that smells like Christmas, especially food (cinnamon, orgranes, apple cider, etc.) that works amazing well on men. Usually it's women who fall for a home, but a good food smell and the man will insist upon buying.
I wanted to decorate because it was my "last" Christmas in my home . I will miss this place. I always have a cinnamon candle burning for potential buyers.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Morning campers! I only have a few minutes, going to a Christmas bazaar thingy at our local fairgrounds this morning..my cousin will be by about 9:30 and I still have to shower and get dressed. I don't move very fast, I guess I have a couple hours still, lol...

HDL, did I know you were from SAC? Strange you mention auctions..my mom sent me a link to REDC auctions...that kind of thing scares me to death..but it might be a good idea to go and see how it works..any help appreciated...we are looking in Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville, maybe Wheatland..we are so limited with our house dollar..would rather stay in closer to the shopping in Roseville as opposed to living on the outskirts and having to drive everywhere...that is something to consider with gas and car expense, I guess...do you have my email...CrazyMa can vouch for me, I am going to try to DM you, lol!

Chickrae, yes you are brave to try for those short sales, but I understand where you are coming from, i think you have to know that it is a tourist, vacation area, lots of second homes, and a lot of those folks are cash, so you have a lot of competition for homes in your price range...You know the area you are moving back to, its not like you are a newbie..I give you credit for going back there, but then there are your kids...I could never live in that heat and dryness again. Obviously we have decided to not go back there...we need to live near our kids...family is where it's at for us..and I am a California Girl...

Old 11-22-2008, 08:49 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Morning Dogmom, My dd and I just had a talk about the conviences of living in town, closer to town vs country. Not only is it a transportation cost but I am looking at the age factor to. I am hoping this would be my last move and getting old out in the country is kinda scarry! One of those I have fallen and can't get up things, lol.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Painter, so true..we are not spring chickens anymore, hubby is 63, I am 55..At some point, face it, I might be alone..Do I want to live out in the boonies or closer to town and the kids....good point as always..

Old 11-22-2008, 09:17 AM

Well you know I don't understand where the yrs went but it wasn't long ago that old age never entered into the decisions on where to live. Now I am considering building a SMALL house and looking at openings, 1 level, making sure everything is accessable by chair or walker. WOW you talk about doom and gloom........

Old 11-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Hmmm...never thought about wheelchair access..well guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it, I will say that we have totally ruled out 2 story houses..i tend to fall a lot, and my son's stairs are, well lets say, are a killer for me...good thing I have a lot of padding on my rear side...whoops, there it goes! I have tumbled down his stairs at least 3 times, somehow lose my footing on the carpet, I dunno..it's embarrassing actually..

anyone have a good checklist for home buyers?? I need one..

Ok shower time, I have putzed around too long already..hugs)

Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Chickrae-Ha I can't sleep either! Had chocolate pie for dessert and I think that is messing me up! Wow a offer on a house sight unseen?? if you succeed I will have to dig around and find you a medal
Yum chocolate cake.....it's worth not being able to sleep!

Since we live 1,200 miles away from where we are trying to buy a house it makes it difficult to see. I was there in August and looked at over 25 homes in two days and had 3 short sale offers going on based on what I saw. This home I found on the internet site and then my real estate agent went over and took tons of pictures. By the time the bank gets around to making some decidsionwe will have flown to Utah and back home.

I am worried though. This morning I looked on the site where the house was and it's GONE. So I am about to call my real estate agent and ask what's up. When we finally get one of these houses, I will need a medal...it's a headache. Luckily we are in no hurry.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Dogmom
I totally understand you wanting to be by your kids, family etc. If I had my choice I would be in the Salt Lake City area where my kids actually are, but I compromised with the DH because he doesn't want any snow, so St. George is the closest to keep him happy too! I hope he can stand the dry heat. It's gotta be better than this humidity, which I can't stand. Hey I am a California girl too, except all of my extended family has moved from there to Denver.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:23 AM

We all need to have a moment of silence and send up dust, karma and prayers for LACEY"S SHOWING TODAY! It is time for another good news contract or past time I should say......

I always though CO would be agood place to live, if I was younger It would be on my list for sure. My dream was to have a big horse ranch out west one day, retire to watch the young cowboys round up and train from a rockin chair on the front porch of a big ole log cabin. Oh the fantasy of youth, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate