Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2008, 01:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your friendships, support, shoulders, karma, pixie dust and for just being here during the past year.

Hopefully 2009 will bring us all sold signs.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:20 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Oh my I worry about my animals all the time, I monitor behavior as much as body functions. Can always tell when one is not up to par. I sure hope your little one is gonna be alright and that it is nothing serious. Do you think maybe he swallowed something? That to can cause blood and upset.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Hello, friends..trying to catch up on today's posts. Lorrie, I hope Elke is just fine..the one time we boarded our dogs when Gracie and India were puppies they got kennel cough, and we had to keep them away from our greyhounds while they recovered..and they had the bordetella and everything..My dogs are such babies they would never survive in a kennel.

Can I get some prayers going today. My sister Cindy, in IL, messaged me that her son's dog Sassy got out a couple days ago. She is a big love bug, black and about 2 years old. Her sons live in Indio, CA...in the desert..their little puppy got out too but wandered back home this morning. had some cuts and took him to the vet and it looks like he was hit and rolled, some trauma but they are watching him...now that leaves Sassy out there somewhere. In my experience, when dogs get loose, I usually see them running together in a pack. The animal control has been notified and my nephew's wife goes down there everyday to check. My thought is that if Sassy had been hit and killed animal control would have most likely found her by now. Here is the worse part at least for my folks. They dont know. Sassy had been at my folks since last spring when the kids moved to an apartment where they couldn't have pets...my mom and dad got really attached to her, and a few weeks ago the nephew came and took her home. This will just kill my dad. So we need some prayers to find Sassy. Thanks.

I have not heard from my sis since earlier this morning so that is either good or bad...anyway, then my dad is going for a cat scan today and I don't know what's wrong...my mom wants to have a conference call on skype tonight. Yeah, if I can find my webcam that might work. So I don't know what's going on...I just want a peaceful new years.

Well i need to lay down for a while, I am getting kind of stressed out thinking about Sassy...thanks for being there girls..

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Oh my I worry about my animals all the time, I monitor behavior as much as body functions. Can always tell when one is not up to par. I sure hope your little one is gonna be alright and that it is nothing serious. Do you think maybe he swallowed something? That to can cause blood and upset.
I don't think she swallowed anything. Elkie is a very sensitive dog. She needs to be with hubby or if he is not around i will do. I just think she was really upset at being boarded. They always come home happy but Elkie is Elkie. I just pray nothing happens to her. She even liked CoCo and that is saying a lot for Elkie.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
A Bouquet for the New Year
Very few people can look at a bouquet of flowers and greenery, without some type of emotion overtaking them. The graceful curves of a delicate bloom, the heady scent filling the surroundings, the explosion of color, the texture of each selection; a veritable feast for the eye, nose, hand, and even the ear, as you murmur to yourself “how beautiful!”
But did you know that your heart can be touched also? Behind the fragrance and brilliance, or the softness and simplicity, meaning can lurk in this ‘garden’ you behold…
Here is a sampling for you, a bouquet for the new year! What will you find?
Edelweiss- for courage, to face each tomorrow
Sunflower- as a reminder to be ambitious- follow the sun!
Pansy- to provoke beloved memories and thoughts of loved ones who have gone before us
Iris- for wisdom, in all you think, say, and do

Dogwood- as a symbol of God’s love for us and His promises
Magnolia- to remind you to appreciate all that nature has to offer
Oxeye Daisy- ahh, for patience…we all need that!
Frangipani- for shelter against the storms of life
Peony- to heal you from your hurts
Violet- as reminder to enjoy the simple stuff
Rudbeckia- for justice when you are slighted in some way
Buttercup- don’t forget, it is okay to have a childlike faith and curiosity!
These are just some of the choices I would select to place in a new year bouquet, to give to those I know and even that I don’t. What would you choose to give in your bouquet?
Happy new year to you and yours! May you find love, joy, and peace in the bouquets that come your way.

Thank you for being my 'friends' and for your contributions to all the camps this last year. Each one of you is special in your own unique way.I look forward to hiking into the new year with you!
Yours- sara

Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM

Dogmom, Have faith that Sassy will return home. Remember a couple months ago my dd brought home the stray and it escaped out of the house? Well she found out it went back to its home 12 miles from here! If they have any idea where the pup had been hit, then I would take the pup to that area on a leash and see if it would lead them on. Just a thought. Hope they find her real soon.
Prayers going out for your dad too, this to is out of your control so have faith it will be something routine. hang in there girlfriend!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Oh Crazyma can you send all those flowers here? I need about all that was listed, lol. Well the trees I already have. I would also like to add balloons to be release to the heavens for all those that passed on before us and held dear in our heart. New years eve always reminds me to think of the past, people and place where I have been. Gee, I am getting to deep for my self today!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hello, friends..trying to catch up on today's posts. Lorrie, I hope Elke is just fine..the one time we boarded our dogs when Gracie and India were puppies they got kennel cough, and we had to keep them away from our greyhounds while they recovered..and they had the bordetella and everything..My dogs are such babies they would never survive in a kennel.

Can I get some prayers going today. My sister Cindy, in IL, messaged me that her son's dog Sassy got out a couple days ago. She is a big love bug, black and about 2 years old. Her sons live in Indio, CA...in the desert..their little puppy got out too but wandered back home this morning. had some cuts and took him to the vet and it looks like he was hit and rolled, some trauma but they are watching him...now that leaves Sassy out there somewhere. In my experience, when dogs get loose, I usually see them running together in a pack. The animal control has been notified and my nephew's wife goes down there everyday to check. My thought is that if Sassy had been hit and killed animal control would have most likely found her by now. Here is the worse part at least for my folks. They dont know. Sassy had been at my folks since last spring when the kids moved to an apartment where they couldn't have pets...my mom and dad got really attached to her, and a few weeks ago the nephew came and took her home. This will just kill my dad. So we need some prayers to find Sassy. Thanks.

I have not heard from my sis since earlier this morning so that is either good or bad...anyway, then my dad is going for a cat scan today and I don't know what's wrong...my mom wants to have a conference call on skype tonight. Yeah, if I can find my webcam that might work. So I don't know what's going on...I just want a peaceful new years.

Well i need to lay down for a while, I am getting kind of stressed out thinking about Sassy...thanks for being there girls..
Prayers for your sisters Sassy that she is found safe annd sound.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:38 PM

525 posts, read 1,297,946 times
dogmom, oh how I hope your sister's dog is found soon! I know firsthand how pets become a cherished part of the family, they must be just sick about it.

To everyone - Happy New Year!!!!!!!!! I hope you all have a great night tonight, and I am praying that 2009 will find buyers for all of the sellers in this thread and that all of our buyers find their dream home!

I spent this morning at the doctor, I have some form of tonsilitis or something, they won't be sure until they get the results from the throat culture back. Either way, I've spent my Christmas vacation not feeling so good physically..although I am finally letting myself get excited about my move. I let my boss at work know that I am moving back to the area (I currently work from home for a company based where we are moving to), and she was thrilled. The appraisal still has not been done on my home though...refinancing applications are through the roof right now, so there is a major backup. I'm not sure when it will be done! I hope it's soon. Once that's complete though (and I'm really not too worried about it, we had a professional appraisal done in April and it came back at 275. We sold for 229, I'd be shocked if it came back lower than 229!) they should have their "final" loan approval stamped and sealed. I am praying hard and wishing on every star that everything works out.

We got a couple of quotes from full service moving companies this week - OMG it's expensive. I think we'll be going with ABF. Anyone have experience with them? Anything I should know?

That's all for my update. Again, happy new year to all!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:04 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
Barb, pray that your Dad is okay and also that Sassy is found safe and sound and home soon. Lorrie, hope your "daddy's girl" feels better soon. With a credit score that high, you should have all the credit you need. That is an excellent score. Crazyma, that bouquet idea was inspiring. Boocake, hope your sale continues to go along without a hitch. We had to cancel our plans to visit some friends upstate...the weather is kinda wild, with snow and now wind. It sure feels and sounds like winter out there. We have the woodstove going and the pellet stove going. Lacey, wish there was a way to help you feel better about your living situation. Remember, you are not alone, we are here for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate