Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Texas, hope the Biofreeze helps and I HOPE it's not your rotator cuff. I had surgery on my right shoulder 5 years ago, and believe me, before the surgery I was in so much pain they couldnt operate on me fast enough..the recovery wasn't that tough, just took some time. I didn't mind that I couldn't vaccum for like 6 weeks, or reach into the washer and dryer, lol. My left shoulder hurts from time to time, I fell on the ice about 3 years ago, its not getting worse, or better so I am just dealing with it. Hubby had surgery on both shoulders, not at the same time, he has an appt with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow as he thinks he has re injured them..it was all the moving we did last summer and he not wanting to get HELP. Turkey..sorry makes me mad, the sons would have flown out to help..so now here we are probably moving again in a bit from our temporary digs here, and his shoulders are bad..ugh.

NJ, thanks for those continued prayers, until we get a call telling us othewise, I like to think she is with a loving family somewhere...and who knows, she could just come wandering back..but it's been like 9 days..nothing I can do but pray too.

Painter, sorry about the possible buyer..it's just a crappy market..hopefully the new marketing plan will help and spring is coming!! Buyers will be coming out in droves! I just know it.

Not much else new here in the PNW..Rain, wind..doing what it does best, lol
later campers

Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Well, I'm finally back in SC for pretty much the rest of the winter. Much as I love my hubby, it's rather nice to be able to watch what I want, eat when and what I want, and only have to pick up after myself! I do miss him, but when it's snowing up there and I'm warm down here..well...you know.

We have changed agents, so hopefully things will pick up. The old agent still hadn't expired the listing after 13 days (3 days after the required deadline) only had withdrawn it and it was locked up, so I pulled up both signs and drove down to her office and gave them to her and told her to immediately expire the listing and then come up and get her lockbox or I would have to call my lawyer and contact the president of her company. We had a few words, but it got done. We now are listed with a couple with Century 21 that I believe will market the house much better. They are much more internet savvy, plus actually go out to find the customers and not let them come to them. I have seen the new listing and the pix are much nicer, and the listing on realtor.com is right the very first day!!

Took me 10.5 hours to make a not quite 9 hour trip! It was raining quite a bit and it seems that somebody decided to jacknife a mobile home on I-77 near Statesville! Lost an hour there, and then of course that put me right in Charlotte at 5:30pm, so the traffic lost me another 1/2 hour. UGH! A friend of mine called while I was sitting there at the accident, so that helped to pass the time. Then I heard on the radio that there was another big accident about an hour later about the same location. Glad I wasn't behind that one!

Saw you talking about BioFreeze. I got some several years ago from my PT for my back. But it was a gel in a tube. It did seem to help, but because it was so expensive, I actually started using FlexAll 454 and it seems to work about the same.

Happy New Year to all!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
roth, good to see you back, glad you made the trip safely. Been rather quiet around here for sure.

Our weather tonite is terrible, the wind is blowing limbs all over the place, kinda scary out. so i am waiting on my dd to get home from work so I can go sleep through it.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:30 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Deanna is coming back with a vengeance...but Jason won't want sloppy seconds now lol...They put her there to stir the pot lol...I had a feeling she would be back! I still am in shock she had picked Jesse the snowboarder!!! over Jason! She broke it off with him a few months ago I read...He was devastated supposedly..She is a weirdo lol....Stephanie gave me the creeps too!
Oh I never heard she broke it off with him. I was super shocked she picked Mr. Snowboarder too. I hope Jason doesn't give her another chance. She had her chance, he for sure doesn't want to be sloppy seconds. I wasn't even going to watch that this year as its just one more night of reality t.v. I have to work in. I am an American Idol finantic and So you think you can dance, oh and The Biggest Loser too....what else..
I would get something done at night if it wasnt for all of this.
Who is Stephanie...

Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Our weather tonite is terrible, the wind is blowing limbs all over the place, kinda scary out. so i am waiting on my dd to get home from work so I can go sleep through it.
Oh no painter, don't send it up my way. Cant take any bad weather this year...last year did me in

Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Doesn't Idol start next week, I am addicted, also to Dancing with the Stars! when both of those end in the spring, I am just lost...

I used to watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette, but they got kind of boring to me..the first few were good...guess I just lost interest...

Painter, hope you got to sleep ok, it is frightful here..Wind, rain..if this trailer starts shakin I am outta here, lol....supposed to rain like this for a couple more days, its a warm rain, coming from Hawaii (otherwise known as the Pineapple Express)...so the snow is melting, the rivers rising..my weather radio has gone off a couple times tonight already. We are not close to any rivers, but the streets here tend to flood. I think I heard 6-10 inches of rain..can you imagine that much rain..wow..

Going to bed, night all..tomorrow is a new day..

Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Hey campers! Hope you all had a good day
Roth glad to see ya back down south, and you are safely home...dont' forget your kelly contact!!

Tex, are you sure it isn't frozen shoulder? Or what did my Chiro say..jokingly- old lady shoulder? Mine got so bad I thought it was that cuff thing but he got it better. It hurt across the back side and up into my neck. It took little time , he showed me some exercises too. Hope it isn't gonna need surgery....please don't let them jump the gun and want to go that route if you can at all help it!!

All you Washingtonians stay warm otu there. D siad they had snow.again.

How are all you northerners doing?? Hammy, tambre, and hey where is RAISING??? still unpacking i bet
Wonder how her son is doing after that little poop head was picking on him.

You guys take care I will catch you tomorrow

Painter, Roth...good luck with the listing updates!!
Roth TOO funny about the signs and your delivery of them

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Hi Campers

Lacey, did you find a dress? Where is the wedding going to be? Texas, hope your feeling better soon. Painter, two suitors for the little house, wow, that's hopeful. Judy, we all miss you. This market is pretty damn discouraging. Don't forget, we all are here for you. Dogmom, maybe you should be out shopping for a houseboat. Any news on Sassy?..still praying for her safe return. Rothbear, glad you're finally out of the clutches of your old realtor. It's unbelievable that you had to return the signs to her! NJ, Niki, what's the latest? Crazyma, what interesting project are you working on today? Lorrie, are you enjoying all of that cool exercise equipment? Don't overdo it! It's a SNOWDAY

Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 AM

Happy Wednesday, campers! Howz that for a greeting..wow it isn't just raining here, it's pouring...we heard 6-10 inches TODAY. My weather radio has been going off like crazy..major flooding on the Satsop River, not too far from us but as far as I know our little mobile home park has never flooded from the river. Now, from the drains in the park, now that worries me. I know for a fact that the drain a couple homes down is non working. And there are some low spots in here on the road, but we'll just watch it. One thing about a mobile home, we are basically up above ground level. So we are good. Others nearby are not going to be as lucky I'm afraid...Good time to live on high ground. Or on a houseboat, Tambre!

Dogs HATE it. What can I say, we have to walk out there with them, in the front yard..they won't go in the fenced area...dumb dogs! We are supposed to go to the coast for dinner at my cousin's tonight, I think I am going to beg off..the roads are going to be a mess..Hubby has to go to Olympia today for a orthopedic surgeon appt to check his hurting shoulders, I was going to go but think I will hold down the fort. He can take my grocery list while he is at it, lol..

I just checked Weatherbug..we have had 1.6 inches of rain since midnight. In utah we didn't have that much rain all year. Ay yi yi!

Roth, glad you fired that agent, wow YOU had to return the signs..what a loser she is..hoping the new couple will go to bat for you and git er done! Glad you made it home safely..

Has anyone heard from Judy? Raising? Hammy?? Where are you ladies, we miss you!!

Lacey how did the dress shopping go? If I have this right, wedding is end of March, correct..I know our weddings are close together..I have had my dress for a couple months, got it on sale online at Dillards..it was just what I was looking for and on sale..hoping its dressy enough..
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/bboyack/mydress.jpg (broken link)

Well, hopefully it gets light soon so i can see whats happening outside..later my friends..
Barb

Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 AM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Hello Campers. I hope everyone is off to a good day. I started my day at 5 at the gym with DH burned over 300 calories. Came home had a nice bowel of oatmeal and some yogurt and tea and more water. Trying to look good for our upcoming family trip to Walt Disney World in 3 1/2 weeks. Crazy I am enjoying my new locale took me a bit, but I like it. Still looking for work and thinking about going back to school this spring. Dogmom if you click the on demand button on your remote and go to i believe its sports and fitness and click on fitness you can find free/complimentary workouts on there anything from step aerobics to belly dancing. I like it especially when we had all the snow and couldn't get out I was able to exercise at home. Oh and the Bachelor is From Kirkland home of Costco so not too far from the both of us. So are you having any flooding in Thurston county? We are here in snohomish eerily warm today and extremely windy. Well I hope Everyone is having a wonderful day and hope those of you who are waiting on showings get phone calls today. I am going to go clean house now. Talk with you all later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate