Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Morning all-wow this thread was buried!!!!!

Hope all goes well and showings start for all.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:42 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Morning Lacey! And THANK YOU Friend. I keep hearing that things are slowly picking up around here, I don't see it, since they aren't calling on my place. This a.m. on the news they had a poll that said 86% of people think RE will turn around when Obama is officially in office. Do you all buy into this one or do you think it is just HOPE?

Well I showed the little house yesterday and the folks want it bad but on a lease to own for a yr. So we will see where this goes over the next week or so. Told my agent he better damn well sell my big house next!

One of the reasons I am wanting to sell is to get closer to the college my dd WAS suppose to be heading to in the spring. Classes started this pass Friday and she wasn't on the schedule, she is 3 classes from graduating and since she could only get into 2 of them, the scholership didn't pay it. She was 1 credit shy of their requirements. So they dumped her without telling her, now it is to late to get into the classes which we could of just paid for. Which means now she has to stay here another YEAR!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:44 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Hey painter & Lacey, adn everyone else in Camp!!

Painter, of course RE is gonna pick up once the one is in office...after all, isn't he gonna be paying people's mortgages??? So why not buy?! LOL

shoot there is no telling what is gonna happen. I am almost to the point here of not giving a rat's hiney about this house. I figure if we do ever re- list, and try to sell, why bother doing anything to the place, We are probably gonna lose money. I wouldn't mind some new carpet. And would love to pull the laminate flooring out of the kitchen and take it & use it on down the hall-where it turns & runs off the same laminate foyer. And put tile in the kitchen (actually I'd rather have a vinyl/congoleum product) BUT why do all that work/ I can sorta stand it like it is....all we would be doing is basically trying to 'impress' some invisible someones......it would be easier to get a roll of ones and throw them out the car window one by one.
You know it is really no wonder so many are 'lettng their houses go' as far far as updating or up keep....why the heck bother. I know some folks back in metro Atlanta that sold. Older folks, clean, well maintained older home. Their agent said do all this 'updating' and crap. They said forget that! Just put the price low enough. That worked and at least they weren't out all that 'updating' dough too.

I am just grumpy this morning. I want to do stuff then I don't. Just venting.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Crazy I so agree with you. There is no way in hell I would put more money into my place when I am losing cash every day it sits here. In all my years in construction trades have I ever seen a house the new owners didn't change after moving in. I know clients that followed RE advice, put in new carpet, the buyers change it, update the fixtures, the buyers change them, ect, ect. In this one I put in high dollar vinyle in the den/kitchen/mud room, looks like wood. RE told me to put in laminate, hell no. The vinyle is because of teen agers, pool, dogs, horse and barn, it is called easy to clean! Now I did get a written estimate to replace with hardwood or laminate for whom ever wants to argue about changing it with a contract on the place.

By the way today I have 2 new stray cats here, eekkks!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Vent away..I am grumpy too

Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Wow same here-everybody vent now!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:16 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Lacey, I agree..lets all just vent today..get it out of our systems! I am just cranky, lol..tired of the rain..wow my skin is even getting pasty...i feel like i am melting...

Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM

Venting? Oh my where to begin, lol. Selling, buying, media, weather, kids, exs & present, weddings, dogs, jobs oh my gosh!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:45 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
OKay Painter- need some advice from you,if you don't mind.... with your trade experience. If this makes any sense.......
Our foyer comes from the front door and leads back into the kitchen, both with laminate flooring. You turn right at the front door to go into the living, and go into the dining from the kitchen. ( the living/dining are all open with high ceilings and it is carpeted, and so are the stairs going down at that low wall)) We have thought of pulling up the laminate in the kitchen... and possibly re-using it & taking it down the hall. And putting something else in the kitchen- now the laminate just disappears in there with all the wood cabinetry.
Would that be too many flooring differences? ( you can click on the pics to make it bigger BTW)

Last edited by crazyma; 01-11-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 11:54 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
I thought about doing some updating but decided against it. Everyday that it sits on the market, I am losing money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate