Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 06:05 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,461,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We never missed a year going to the fair. That was so much fun. When we first lived there Pleasanton was such a small town. If you were to see it now you wouldn't believe it. They did keep the Town quaint though.
I haven't been to Pleasanton since the late 70's. I bet it has changed. I have been back to the bay area for my high school reunions and visited Santa Cruz, but never got back to Pleasanton

Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM

2,361 posts, read 4,855,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
How long will you be here?
Just for the week, but pretty much every day is scheduled with something. I have to fit a lot into a little time span, so it will go pretty fast.

OK, camp gals, I'm shutting down now. Not sure when I'll be back on, so everybody sell, sell, sell!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:23 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,168,528 times
Hey ROTH you be careful out there on the road!! Blue skies and smooth roads for ya! Have fun with hubster and family

TexG, maybe it was you, whoever it was 'stumbled' across camp. Just wanted them to know they were welcome:0 and drop n if they'd like!

Hey painter, have you seen younglisa's off grid house they built, it is under Tenn. I think. Pretty neat place in them wonderful east TN hills. I would love that, or a cabin,someday, humm...

Old 11-22-2008, 08:21 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,436,133 times
Crazyma, I followed their build and it would be awsome to beable to do something like that. I hope to luck out and find a nice peice of land there one day soon. I will have to sub out most work since I cant do alot by myself but I have subs here willing to come up for me and save me some cash. But we all know how those plans go! Well I am signing out for the nite, have good one gals!

Old 11-22-2008, 10:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,258,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Not many like him in San Antonio
Nice to see you again, Millie! Did you ever sell your home??

Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 PM

Rothbear, if I am not too late, have a safe trip, drive real careful and come back to us soon..Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...

Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 PM

Default LaceyEx

Lacey, how did your showing go? Have not heard from you yet???

Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 PM

3,373 posts, read 9,174,167 times
First post in the camp

A little over a week to go until I close on my first house

It has been a four month search with two contracts on other homes written and they fell through. So, I guess the third time is the charm!

Hopefully, I am making the right choice on the house! But I believe I am. Gotta love a seller that is motivated to sell. So far he is covering my closing costs, knocked 8k off asking, spending 5k to fix a sewer line before closing, and escrowing 875 for a radon mitigation. With all of the money he is spending to sell...it makes me scared for when I am the seller!

Financing has been stressful. I want to do a conventional loan but only have 5% to put down. I really think the appraisal will come back "declining market". Which is the reason I locked in on a FHA mortgage. I really hate the idea of having to go FHA but I think it is the only way I can get this house.

Any surprises to expect before closing?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 PM

Congratulations Wankel7 on your first home purchase. To be honest with you, it's just as stressful buying your 5th home as it is your first..

So do you have your financing done? Or the bank waiting for the appraisal..if you are supposed to close in a week that should be happening very rapidly if not already..you should do a walk through the house a day or two before signing final papers, to make sure the repairs have been made as requested, also to make sure the home has been maintained ok.

We are embarking on our 6th home purchase in 30 years..it gets just as nervewracking each time around...

Take a deep breath..you are almost there..

Old 11-23-2008, 12:36 AM

3,373 posts, read 9,174,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Congratulations Wankel7 on your first home purchase. To be honest with you, it's just as stressful buying your 5th home as it is your first..

So do you have your financing done? Or the bank waiting for the appraisal..if you are supposed to close in a week that should be happening very rapidly if not already..you should do a walk through the house a day or two before signing final papers, to make sure the repairs have been made as requested, also to make sure the home has been maintained ok.

We are embarking on our 6th home purchase in 30 years..it gets just as nervewracking each time around...

Take a deep breath..you are almost there..
Wow, 6th purchase I would guess you are close to being able to act as your own agent

Yeah, I sort of dragged my feet on the financing because I was waiting to see if the seller was going to fix the sewer and the radon. But the appraisal was hopefully done on Friday.

You are right it will be close since we are trying to get closed by the 3rd.

What are the thoughts of having an attorney with me at closing? I have a prepaid legal plan and it would be free. Worth it or is my realtor enough? I don't want to step on his toes because he has done a great job. Even was there for the inspections!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate