Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 12:32 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times

Advertisements

Hammy...ohh okay 5...we have quite a few little ones at camp, hard to keep track.
I am ROTFL, 2 dads huh? That is too funny.Just makes you wonder how their little minds work... at least he didn't say one was the milk man HAHAHAH. Humpbacks, that's a new one LOL. At least you didn't freak out that he saw you. I think it is healthy for them to get a glimpse of mom and dad now and then ...within reason of course.Oh well that is another topic I could run on.

You poor dear way up north where it is sooooo cold. My, all I can think of is the pioneers. How brave they must have been to try and survive back then, without all the comforts we have now. I know I know, life expectancy wasn't at its best. But they certainly are to be admired for what they did do.

focus sara, quite playing on CD!

Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hammy...ohh okay 5...we have quite a few little ones at camp, hard to keep track.
I am ROTFL, 2 dads huh? That is too funny.Just makes you wonder how their little minds work... at least he didn't say one was the milk man HAHAHAH. Humpbacks, that's a new one LOL. At least you didn't freak out that he saw you. I think it is healthy for them to get a glimpse of mom and dad now and then ...within reason of course.Oh well that is another topic I could run on.

You poor dear way up north where it is sooooo cold. My, all I can think of is the pioneers. How brave they must have been to try and survive back then, without all the comforts we have now. I know I know, life expectancy wasn't at its best. But they certainly are to be admired for what they did do.

focus sara, quite playing on CD!
Sara-have thought about that many times-how did and moreso why would they???????

Old 01-13-2009, 01:16 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
I used to watch a show that was short lived that a family would pack up and go live the way of 100 yrs ago. The teenagers would just go NUTs. It was to teach the spoiled youngsters to appreciate things I believe. It was a good show, it needs to come back on now to show people how to survive the times.

Sat. night we went to Ruby Tues for dinner and this cute little guy about 3 or 4 was trying to get the attention of this little girl. He yelled across the table "do you know me?" Well no answer came so he yelled again "do you?" still no answer so he yells again "I am Harry!". The whole place got quiet and the mom says that is not your name son. He looked at her and said It can be! I got hair! I tell you I laughed so hard I almost choked, lol. He was soooo adorable.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times
Some cute stories today!! Nice to read after having a rough day at work, working with kids. about to pour me a glass of wine...
Welcome Alleycat, I am also moving to Colorado, Durango/Bayfield area. Good luck. this is a GREAT group to share ideas, vent, laugh, cry.
Speaking of Harry, I knew a little boy named Harry who was Puerto Rican. One day he told me that they only speak Spanish in New York. (that's where he was from) I asked him if he was sure or do people speak Spanish anywhere else. He thought about it for a minute, then said, Yeah they speak Spanish in California. I said Really? Anywhere else? He said, Oh Yeah, and Florida! But that's it! I was laughing so hard!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I have no idea! I swear I don't let the boy watch Nip Tuck or anything.

Oh no way - he will be 5 next month! Last time he talked about them he called them "hump backs". LOL!!!

This kid comes up the the strangest things. He tells people he has two daddy's one that lives here and another who lives in Mexico. Not sure where he got that at all. But when at Epcot riding the Mexico ride, he screams out "my daddy lives here!!!".

Kristine
Little Hammy sounds like a child I would truly LOVE to be around. How adorable and funny about "daddy and Mexico!"
I don't know how you and Lacey live up there in that C-O-L-D weather state! I thought Pittsburgh was cold, but not nearly as bad as you have it!!

Hey everyone....MY STEELERS WON!!! One more game--Baltimore and then it's off to the Super Bowl, hopefully!

Kate...
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s41/steelcitywoman/SENTIMENTS/clipart_welcome_to_camp.png (broken link)

Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM

hey Stoy! you gotta love kids, they come up with zingers. Oh Painter that is too cute too!

Stoy, how is the little girls family doing, coping with the loss of the daughter? So sad....

Lacey, oh the pioneers. Why? Hmmm, that is a deep question...have to ponder that...

Old 01-13-2009, 03:15 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
CrazyMa-They had to be some tough broads to come out here and try to survive. The mosquitoes out here are legendary as they are the size of birds-so most summers are not enjoyable outdoors. Forget winter.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times
Crazyma- thanks for asking. she's doing well, considering. her aunt wants her to move to NY. don't know what her mom thinks of that. i personally dont think that's good, it would be like her mom losing another daughter, in a way. so we'll see. maybe there's more to the story than i know.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:05 PM

Lacey, I daresay not only did the men have a pair, so did the women~~
Can you imagine going cross country in a covered wagon,if you were lucky enough to afford that... oftentimes throwing out treasured items to lighten the load. Oh we are spoiled with our moving vans.
along with everthing else.
oh I gotta find a recipe, bbl

Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Well I would maybe enjoy the covered wagon since they have such nice porta-potties now, no behind the rock for my old knees!
They had those hmmm BRASS ones you know.

Stoy, I am inclined to believe there is more to that story, surely they wouldn't just hank another child from that poor women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate