Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,793,137 times

Advertisements

Painter-what???? Then let him absorb the payments,loss but get your $$ back when it sells.

Our realtor is pressuring and Mr. L is aggravated. She called yeterday about having to know if we were re-listing as she had to get advertising in for the RE quarterly magazine. We were thinking of waiting to re-list after we get back from NJ but also hate to ake that chance of maybe missing a buyer-yet with the wedding,etc don't want the hassle of moving. I wonder why I have a headache.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:00 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,333,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Just dropping by to say HOWDY !! Have a wonderful weekend and stay warm and safe .

Blessings all,

~HDL~

HIA HDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:03 AM

959 posts, read 1,820,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Whats the latest on Globel warming?????????
I was asking myself the SAME question this morning. Global Warming my ass!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
My agent who says things are starting to happen, phone wise, said he got TWO e-mail inquiries today on my place, wahoo! That is 2 more than the last 3 months total. So ladies maybe we can all sell in the next couple of months!
YEAH!!!!! Something is happening with you too!!!! See things in the market ARE picking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Is most everyone on here selling a home? I feel like the odd man (girl) out as a buyer. We had the home inspection last week, which went well. The appraisal was today. We close the 28th, and nothing better come up between now and then because we already bought our airline tickets. I still can't believe we got this house.........so one more short sale success story
I am doing both....just bought and trying to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
We actually have a showing on Saturday but I already have been informed by our Realtor that the guy is looking for some real bargains in this market so needless to say we are not expecting much from it!!! I have come to the place in this mess that it will happen when it happens and I am tired of worrying about it. I just put it in God's hands and told him I have stressed enough over it!!
TC and GB my friends!!!
I would not go crazy cleaning then if this guy is just looking for a bargain. Chances are, he is not going to care if it is a bit untidy.

So I am kind of freaking out and wanted to to know if did the right thing here. My agent called this morning and told me the story on this agent that cancelled the other day was that he is normally a commercial agent but is showing this weathly couple from Duluth around. The only problem, he could not find his key so he canceled. He called her this morning and said his people are only in town for this morning and they still wanted to see the house. They are there now and want to know if they can go in. He still cannot find his key so my agent wanted to give him the garage code. I told her that my dogs were running around and she said they are dog people and don't mind. I told her my beds were not made and there is laundry laying around and she said they don't care. So I reluctantly said OK. Now I am worried that these people are scammers and they are going to rob me! Did I do the right thing? Should I leave work and rush home to see what is going on?

Kristine

Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post

Prayers coming from me to you.
Lorrie

Lorrie- my daughter LOVES this picture lol..She saw it while I was doing some reading lol and she loved it...

Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Crazyma, sounds like that pilot really knew what to do to make the safest crash landing. a hero in my book and hopefully my pilot my next flight!!!
it's good to hear about all the showings, wondering what would've happened if we kept ours on the market. in our paper yesterday it said our township house prices had risen from 2007 to 2008's prices. so good to know. dont know why but it is. a realtor had called today to get our business. normally i wouldnt like that but it shows that if he's agressive to get us as a listing he would prpbably be aggressive to get us buyers!!
Crazy and Stoy-- My husband worked for USAIR many years and now another airline--he said there had to be some airpockets in the jet fuel in the engines (there are 2)...and said that is why it most likely didn;t sink. Amazing. He said in all his 20 years of being in the airline industry said 99 percent of time time they would have never ever withstood something like that. Someoneup above was definitely on their side!! God bless them all.

It s on now with Mayor Bloomberg talking to all the people who helped in the rescue...every station I think!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:10 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Hammy, Your agent should of gone too or told them you would stay home given the circumstances, but to late so CHANGE your codes when you get there. Hopefully it is a reputable agent and there is no need for concern. We all worry about this kind of thing, think about it, lock boxes let all agents in and they don't always screen their lookers. It really is no different after you change the codes. It will be fine.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Physical therapy will probably be inevitable after they shrink the bulging disc. It's how they are planning to shrink it is what makes me nervous. I am hoping and praying for injection over surgery.
Wishing you and your husband a wonderful trip and happy house hunting!

Thanks Lacey, Nicki, Hammy and Tambre for well wishes!

Sara...I hope your hubby doesn't need surgery either. I will say prayers that he doesn't. Surgery scares me and I'm a dang RN! PS: I see all the screw ups--that's why I'm scared!

Dang---I forgot to look at Parents magazine when I was out yesterday. After my appt on Friday, I have to go to the store..."note to self---check out Nj's lil' darlin'! NJ, your realtor is a piece of work! Text her back in real big letters and say "WHAT TIME??? 2-3 HOUR WINDOW PLEASE!!" She'll get the message!!
thank you TEX!!!!!!!!!!! lol You are too sweet!! I emailed her back and told her I have a party at 5p, so I need a more specific time..... SHE NEVER GOT BACK TO ME! 2 days now! nice. eh? I have a big feeling the other clients are looking at a large number of homes in the area..so when they get there they get there is probably their attitude. WTH!! I will write her back and tell her that- that I need a 2-3 hr. window.. Thank you Texas!!
I hope you are feeling ok.................. I am still trying to do all the reads here lol....

Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
fellow campers!!! I hope all of you are staying warm or trying to, I can't imagine it being in the freezing cold a lot of you all are living in right now brrrrr !!!
It sounds like things are picking up a little for some of you and you are seeing some activity on the home front !!! Lets all pray this is a better year for us all.
We actually have a showing on Saturday but I already have been informed by our Realtor that the guy is looking for some real bargains in this market so needless to say we are not expecting much from it!!! I have come to the place in this mess that it will happen when it happens and I am tired of worrying about it. I just put it in God's hands and told him I have stressed enough over it!!
TC and GB my friends!!!
JUDY-THEY all want everything for nuttin!! it's ridiculous... I wish you all the luck.
CRAZYMA- I love the jingle lol..You rock.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,886,121 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
OH JUDY

so how much of a bargain COULD your place be?? Are you adventurous enough to tell your agent to tell them to bring an offer, 'any' offer...to least get him to throw one out, even if you counter?? Iam too busy thinking!!LOL
Crazyma we are really down to about the bottom line I am afraid. We started out in the $700,000's ( that was according to Realtors comps ) and with the commercial market really hitting the dumps we are now listed at $370,000. I got the impression the guy was looking at the possibility of the $200,000's or lower. It is not going to happen, we will see what happens though because who knows how many other properties he is viewing or what the offer may be.

Painter you are right we will be happy to hear his offer! We will be willing to start talking to him about one once or if it is made. I hope it is something we can work with.
Painter if your son yook the little house off the MLS maybe he is planning to move there or keep it as a second home maybe?
NJ you are so right they want something for nothing!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:38 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Judy, My son will never move in to the house, not good enough for the new wife. I have no idea what is gonna happen at this point, there is no reasoning with my wonderful dil!
It makes me ill, so many held on to property for retirement, ect. to have nothing left. You are at 50%, I have lost 30% so far, Dogmom took a beating. You remember the saying "when my ship comes in" well I think they all sank. If I could figure out away to stay put for a couple of years I would consider it at this point but it may very well get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate