Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,171,774 times

Advertisements

Hey peeps, been busy here, will have to catch up later. Just wanted to pop in and say howdy. Good luck to those who have had some lookers!! Sure do hope a fantastic offer comes you way.
I'm in the middle of a project and I need to get back ...will check in later or maybe tomorrow, if I can crawl out from under the rock I plan to be under tomorrow
be sweet, be safe, just be!
hugs

Old 01-19-2009, 09:13 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,437,592 times
Now that all is quiet here, I had to get on here. Spoke to my agent and it was very encouraging! He has had 3 e-mail inquiries on my place, 1 call AND I had 2 cars stop and get flyers today. Yeah!!! That is 6 people in one big swoop, a record. More than I have had in all past months put together. NOW I just want 1 of them to make an appointment to look at it. Oh by the way 1 guy had only 1 question, do they have satalite and dsl out that far? Figure he was probably one of the cars that stopped, who knows.
If I am getting inquiries here things have got to be picking up!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,887,027 times
Oh painter I am so excited for you!!! your time is coming, I can feel it!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,881 times
Painter--that's great!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:10 AM

959 posts, read 1,821,692 times
Good morning everyone. I have been busy trying to get this dang house sold! We should hear this week if the buyers will be making an offer on this house and I am keeping my fingers crossed! We had a showing on Saturday that sound like they are planning on coming back for a second showing but they went on vacation for a week.

But this morning I am writing with different news. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and just because, took a pregnancy test. It came out positive! Looks like there will be another baby Ham runnnig around come October! I kind of hesitate to write it because well, you just never know. But I HAD to tell you guys!!!

Kristine

Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 AM

959 posts, read 1,821,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Brawnwyn,

Hammy,,,did they make you that offer yet? What the heck are they waiting for! Lacey, has the temp. warmed up? Judy, hope you get an offer, even a lowball one that you could reject would be nice! Anyone else waiting for news on showings? Painter, sounds like you are priced to sell.
Nope - they have not made it yet. My realtor thinks we will hear something Wednesday or Thursday. They are waiting until after today to see if rates drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykat623 View Post
So... our listing went live on Friday afternoon. Yesterday (sunday) I got up, looked out the window at a whirling snowstorm, and knew we'd have no showings. Then the phone rings.. our first showing! In the middle of a storm! Someone looking for an antique home with horse property, which ours is, wanted to see it and was willing to brave awful roads to come by.

Of course I am trying hard not to think about it all day today, trying not to jump when the phone rings. I keep telling myself that even if they love it, it could take days or a week before they want to make an offer. And probably they aren't going to anyway. Either way, I'm sure it doesn't inidcate anything one way or the other that we've heard nothing back today. Right?!?

I know I just need to chill -- this could and probably will take months and months -- but it's dang hard to.

Argh!

-Kate
Good luck to you and hang on - it is a bumpy ride! But getting a showing right away is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Now that all is quiet here, I had to get on here. Spoke to my agent and it was very encouraging! He has had 3 e-mail inquiries on my place, 1 call AND I had 2 cars stop and get flyers today. Yeah!!! That is 6 people in one big swoop, a record. More than I have had in all past months put together. NOW I just want 1 of them to make an appointment to look at it. Oh by the way 1 guy had only 1 question, do they have satalite and dsl out that far? Figure he was probably one of the cars that stopped, who knows.
If I am getting inquiries here things have got to be picking up!
YIIIPEEEEEE! Things are picking up for you. That is great!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,813,408 times
Wow Kristine-I get to be first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of wonderful things happening for you.

Painter- hope so for you-get you sold, we've had 4 looks on-line since yesterday.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,437,592 times
WOW Hammy So excited for you - CONGRATULATIONS!! That was quick, boy or girl will be the next quiz... girl, my vote is in! Have you told hubby yet or are we the first to get the news?

Lacey, 4 in a day for you too!!! Things are getting better,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 01-20-2009, 10:10 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,584,286 times
Default Good am campers I hope you're all having a good day!

We have our first real showing today, I am cleaning like a madwoman!!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:11 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,887,027 times
Kristine what wonderful news !!! I am so excited you, a new baby Hammy!!!

Lacey,that is great news, now let's hope they come for a viewing!!!

gold*dust, great news, let's hope they are the ones!!!

Here is some lucky pixie dust for all of us sellers!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.