Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 09:52 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all.

Texas let 'er rip this weekend-have a great time out. And isn't that always the way-here omes a looker when you're pulling it off. Ours is Sun at 3:30-I'm debating having a nice pot roast slow cooking.

Stoy-listen to us old married women (41 yrs here)-we've been thru the "wars."
Yes stoy please do. We must be doing something right and we have all had our share of FIGHTS. We got married so very young(19 me 21 hubby) but at the time I thought we knew everything. It all was a learning process of give and take. (45 years in March)

Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Oh I had the avocado appliances to, I could have chosen the gold in the new house we bought but I didn't care for them and chose the avocado, so I know what you mean. I wonder if the stainless ever goes out if we will start seeing the colors we now see on the new front loading washers and dryers in the kitchen appliances.
We had avocado and I hated it but the first house we bought had that already in. I wanted the gold. I guess I am the only one.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:05 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Gold-ours did his walk thru while we were in the process of moving.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:08 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gold-ours did his walk thru while we were in the process of moving.
Ok wow that's weird. I have watched 2 people move next door and you could tell they were completely out before the new buyer ever got in. It looked like they had roughly 2 days to get out and it would have been before their buyers closing.

When we moved in this house the buyer was totally out before we had our closing and went to their closing on their new home after our closing.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Ok wow that's weird. I have watched 2 people move next door and you could tell they were completely out before the new buyer ever got in. It looked like they had roughly 2 days to get out and it would have been before their buyers closing.

When we moved in this house the buyer was totally out before we had our closing and went to their closing on their new home after our closing.

Ask your agent when you need to be out. He/She would know.

Kristine

Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning campers..I was in a real funk last night, hope today is better! As soon as our mortgage gets final approval I will feel better...I think I am just still feeling the financial stress of the last couple years...thoughts and prayers appreciated, if just to make me calmer and relax about this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Morning all, well we have an accpeted offer with a close date end of Feb.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 AM

Gold we have done it a few different ways but we always closed on the home we sold first so the funds could be transfered over to the home we were buying. In a couple of our homes our buyers walk throughs we still lived in the house and in two we rented back our house after they were sold.
The only time we did none of the above is when we moved here. We gambled and bought this home a few months (thank God) before our FL home was sold.
I would never let a buyer move into my house before they had closed and it was funded. I know that you didn't ask about that but it might come in handy in future sales .

Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Awww you're so thoughtful TexasGirl, thank you and I hope you have a good weekend and are feeling better

Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Gold we have done it a few different ways but we always closed on the home we sold first so the funds could be transfered over to the home we were buying. In a couple of our homes our buyers walk throughs we still lived in the house and in two we rented back our house after they were sold.
The only time we did none of the above is when we moved here. We gambled and bought this home a few months (thank God) before our FL home was sold.
I would never let a buyer move into my house before they had closed and it was funded. I know that you didn't ask about that but it might come in handy in future sales .
Ok thanks much, I need to inquire about all this further. I know our closings will be back to back but I thought we would be out of our house and am thinking it's standard here to let you into your new house before you actually close.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
We were allowed to occupy/move into this house as it was a cash purchase with a large down payment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate