Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Hi all-well feedback's in! People who looked Sat. have no interest. The people who looked twice and wanted all the land around us-are no longer interested as the guy behind us wouldn't sell. Looks like a long winter.

Have to check back about the pie! Bakers Square ads always look so good. I'm doing my famous cream cheese and pumpkin walnut pie low fat. BTW that's my fave.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:01 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Gee, ladies, I go back to bed for a couple hours and miss a whole days worth of ***!

*I have heard that quote, guess I will find out. I have to say that the son's fiancee is a wonderful young lady, her parents are awesome, we all get along really well, I feel like she is my daughter and try to treat her that way. I hope once they are married things don't change..But I am ok with sharing them with her family...It's funny though, last Christmas, when we were in Southern Utah still, we drove like Santa up to Sacramento and spent a week with the kids...we had Christmas eve dinner and Christmas day dinner at her parents, her mom decorates to the hilt..Our older son flew up there from SoCal so we were all together...I am guessing that once we get back to Sac and settled in the holidays will stay the same..I will invite her family to our home and we can switch..they are just that kind of folks...that will be nice if we ever get a grandchild..She is an only child so her folks don't have other kids to have to share, they just have to share her with us!

*I am not getting dressed today, too much effort and I am still in some pain..my bones just hurt. I have a dr. appointment tomorrow morning. Not much she can do, but..need to get it all documented so I can try to apply for social security disability again..

*Regarding holiday food..I like it all...that's why my butt is so big, lol. My favorite part of the thanksgiving dinner is the stuffing. I LOVE stuffing..love those carbs...so i guess to have good stuffing you have to eat turkey, not my favorite, unless it's dark meat. I like fruit salad, potatoes, rolls, yep most of it..favorite pie? Well pumpkin is traditional, so have to have that..I also like apple. Now Christmas is traditionally ham...I would love to do a prime rib someday..maybe in the next house, with all the family around. I can't wait for next year now..

*Raising, it's tough watching our kids hurt. It's not any easier when they are 20, 23, 25, etc..both of my boys have had heartbreak, bad heartbreak, but they have recovered for the most part. The older one is now 30, not sure if he will ever marry again, I hope he realizes not all women are liars and thiefs. He was married in Sept 2002 in a big wedding and reception (we paid for most of it) it lasted a year..we come to find out after the fact that she had been married before (he knew but never said anything to us) and she NEVER finalized her divorce (he did not know that). Holy crap..I cannot tell you what we went through...they had bought a house together, she wanted to stay in it, tried for a couple years to get a loan (so she said) to buy him out, she wanted to be responsible for the car, it got repoe'd of course it was in the son's name...They ended up almost being foreclosed upon in 2005 so we jumped in and made about 6 months of payments at $2200 a crack, paid of the residual of the car, etc...in the end, when the house sold, she owed us like 20 some thoughsond dollars. we eventually got it but it was a hell of a few years there. We got it in time to use it for the downpayment for son #2's townhouse in 2006. He has the salary to make the payments, just didn't have a downpayment...Anyway, my kid went through the ringer..on the other hand he kind of stuck his head up his you know what and I guess thoiught it would just go away...yeah it was rough. Oh and we call the wedding reception 'our big party'. This upcoming wedding is not going to cost us nearly as much and much less heartache that's for sure..

*Raising, my boys are close as adults, and they live 400 miles from each other, it can be done..I thought as kids they would kill each other and I always told them 'you boys are the only brothers you have'. Maybe it worked, I dunno. They like to hang out and do things together so it is nice as a mom to see that..

*Kristine, that pie sounds deadly. I don't know if there is a Bakers Square up here near us but have to check..Might be one in Sac though and will send the son to buy one for his Christmas dinner. We do have Marie Callendar's and I love their pies though..

Ok I am going to take some advil and go back to bed for a while..gee I tried to catch up, lol..

Old 11-24-2008, 01:19 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Favorite Thanksgving food? Well ALL of it! But my all time fav is Mama's Sweet Potato Casserole. Gee 11 yrs. since she passed..and I miss her everyday. She would have been 91 now...they adopted me late in life.........
anyway here is her recipe if ya need a good one

3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatos ( use fresh not canned for best taste)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 stick butter or margarine, softened (not melted)
1/2 cup milk or evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat all this together in big mixing bowl for 3 or 4 minutes.
Pour into buttered casserole dish and sprinkle topping over it

Topping- 1 cup Brown sugar
1/3 stick butter or margarine softened
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
Use you fingers to mix it together lightly, it will be crumbly, not a paste
Bake at 375 degrees, for 30 minutes (topping will be lightly browned)

if you are a Piggy like moi, I have been known to make a double batch of topping and have also used rice crispies instead of the nuts in a pinch
hmmm good

We won't get to Atl until 4, so no dinner for us...been promised leftover plates from step bros. They are eating at noon. But that is okay- hubby and I will hopefully get to Waffle House, Chikfila for the hot browns and probably Speedy Pig or Harolds for BBQ, and maybe downtown for Varsity- haven't had that good greasy mess in yrs!!! Can't you tell we LUV fine dining??? We WILL NOT starve!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times
WOW you guys have been busy posting lol!!! If I forget to not mention something from previous posts I apologize, chalk it up to old age.

Lacey I am so sorry to hear that your home didn't work out for those buyers.

HDL I am so sorry about the loss of your dog, that is one thing that has stopped us from getting another dog (the ONE smart one we were lucky enough to have), the loss was hard to take. It has just been recently that we have thought about getting another one after we move.

My favorite food from Thanksgiving dinner would have to be the turkey and the turkey soup I make from the leftover turkey.

I am thankful for...
That God is in my life
My family
My friends
My health
My hubby has a job

I know how hard the holidays can be when you have lost loved ones who can't be with you. I miss my mom so much and it has never been the same without her in my life. But having the rest of my family around make the holidays special because to me it is about family.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:35 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
some interesting thanksgiving links
tradtional hymn, for many, We Gather Together http://www.hymnsite.com/lyrics/umh131.sht
I cranked it up and just sang it...poor dog thinks I am crazy

And here is an intersting link too- a plethora (i luv that word LOL) of stuff
Thanksgiving Day Poems,Thanksgiving Poem,Poems for Thanksgiving Day,Thanksgiving Poetry

Old 11-24-2008, 01:37 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Favorite Thanksgving food? Well ALL of it! But my all time fav is Mama's Sweet Potato Casserole. Gee 11 yrs. since she passed..and I miss her everyday. She would have been 91 now...they adopted me late in life.........
anyway here is her recipe if ya need a good one

3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatos ( use fresh not canned for best taste)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 stick butter or margarine, softened (not melted)
1/2 cup milk or evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat all this together in big mixing bowl for 3 or 4 minutes.
Pour into buttered casserole dish and sprinkle topping over it

Topping- 1 cup Brown sugar
1/3 stick butter or margarine softened
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
Use you fingers to mix it together lightly, it will be crumbly, not a paste
Bake at 375 degrees, for 30 minutes (topping will be lightly browned)

if you are a Piggy like moi, I have been known to make a double batch of topping and have also used rice crispies instead of the nuts in a pinch
hmmm good

We won't get to Atl until 4, so no dinner for us...been promised leftover plates from step bros. They are eating at noon. But that is okay- hubby and I will hopefully get to Waffle House, Chikfila for the hot browns and probably Speedy Pig or Harolds for BBQ, and maybe downtown for Varsity- haven't had that good greasy mess in yrs!!! Can't you tell we LUV fine dining??? We WILL NOT starve!!!
CrazyMa, how did you know I was tryng to hunt down a recipe for for sweet potatoes? I have a good one, but I have no clue where it is..probably in storage.. I am going to my cousins so I will try this one to take..thanks!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Hey, y'all. Hope you're doing well.

I'm almost 20 pages behind, so I'm not even going to attempt to read what I've missed. lol I beat my Tomb Raider game. Now I need to beat Call of Duty: World at War.

Did I tell y'all that we're taking our house off the market at the end of the month? My husband is nervous about the economy and work slowing down. I don't like it, but at the same time it'll be nice to get a break.

Lacey,
Sorry about things not working out.

HDL,
My condolences on the loss of your dog. I've always had pets. I know how it hurts to lose one. (((HUGS)))

My favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing. Yum! My favorite pie is chocolate cream pie. Pumpkin is pretty good too. I don't like fruit pies.

We have Thanksgiving at my house every year. I have the biggest dining room, even in this small house. My mom lives in a trailer, my brother and his wife also live in a trailer and my sister-in-law lives in an apartment.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:36 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I get in my car and drive to Bakers Square. LOL I wish I knew how to make it. Or maybe that would be a bad idea - I would make it all the time.

Kristine
Thats to funny you sound like me.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:41 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Default Mandy

I just added pics of Mandy. if anyone wants to look.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Lorrie-what a face-so precious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate