Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Got the offer. It is low, really low. $30,000 off list price AND they want us to pay $10,000 in closing costs. That is $40,000 off! They want a Feb 27th close. They said they were set on their offer but we countered anyway. Doubt they will take it and if they don't then we will take the offer anyway. It is just that we will need to bring A LOT of money to the table with taking this offer. Oh well!

We are all waiting on them because apparently they don't have a cell phone (who does not have a cell phone) and so their agent had to leave a message at their house. And of course they are at a Super Bowl party so they are not home. Won't know until tomorrow probably but it looks like a done deal.

Kristine
What was your counter offer?Kristine?? Tell them to stick it and buy the one by the high school!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:44 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hammy-hard decision and I probably would tell them to stuff it. That's a big hit for you and is it worth it? The market may be picking up. Like I said $10K in closing costs is obscene.

Do the pros/cons moneywise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG! What nasty aszes!!! Why are people so selfish? That takes balls I have to say! Do you HAVE to get rid of it now? Can you hold out? Tell them to walk....The only reason we were so desperate to sell ours is we were juggling 2 MORTGAGES!so we had to cave in. If you can hold out tell them no. Tell them to go take a hike and find something better. That is terrible what these people are pulling.

On another note--NOTHING from either buyer for us. 2 in 2 freakin days and no feedback. My realtor told me not to worry about it. NICE!!

Well, we are moving to the new house on Saturday so we will be juggling two mortgages. We could hold out for a bit but I don't know that I really want to, know what I mean? Is it really worth it.

But YES I really want to tell them to find someone else then. And good luck trying to make people move in 2 weeks time. These people clearly are all about themselves. They don't own a cell but they wrote the offer and then went to a Super Bowl party and never once during the day checked their messages. So we got the call at 10:30 last night that they said no.

Kristine

Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
What was your counter offer?Kristine?? Tell them to stick it and buy the one by the high school!

They wanted $350,000 for the house and $10,000 in closing costs. We offered $360,000 for the house and $10,000 in closing costs. So really, we only asked for $10,000 and they very rudely said no.

Kristine

Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
They wanted $350,000 for the house and $10,000 in closing costs. We offered $360,000 for the house and $10,000 in closing costs. So really, we only asked for $10,000 and they very rudely said no.

Kristine
I totally forgot you have the other home! I am sorry. You are in the same situation we were in then! We were sweating bullets as we had to stick it out for 5 months until we got the cheesy,crappy,lowball offer and they KNEW the house was vacant and knew we moved so that was in their favor unfortunately and they took advantage!! but like you we didn't know if another offer would be coming anytime soon.........as long as you have cash tucked away for the damn realtor commissions too lol..What a pain it is....We barely had the extra to scrape together for the realtor.....

It is a tough situation. Whatever you have to do we are in your corner!

Omg. you will probably want to strangle them at the closing --We had our closing lawyer as proxy for us. We didn;t feel like traveling back 400 miles for a closing with 2 jerks that put us through the ringer. I think they wanted our kids too lol....they said to leave EVERYTHING in the house WE didn't want!! Now that takes nads lol

Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Well they came back with an ever so mature " we are not going to bargain, either take our offer or we will buy another home" Nice! All I have to say is what goes around comes around and they are going to have a LOVELY time picking up dog poop in the backyard because DH is now refusing to. If they are not going to give at all, then we are not going to clean this house or do anything special for them.

I have a feeling that they are going to pick apart the inspection and want this and that and more money off the house even though the house is only 5 years old. Well, they can suck it because there is no more money for them. We are tapped. So if they pull that crap then they can just go and buy another house. Jerks.

Kristine
Oh I would be so tempted to tell them to shove it I would probably just lose it and not give it to 'em just to show them they played with the wrong people, but you're right Kristine what comes around goes around and they will get theirs

Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Hammey, You are the only one that can make this decision. The buyers are all reading the RE threads here, I swear. They are all preying on the sellers, knowing when houses are sitting, some are desperate and with all the public knowledge available they can find out alot about your financial situation too. What does your agent say? Are they set on your area, are you one of the few values there, can she reduce her commissions with the other agent to sell? Counter with it as "AS IS", that you will not pay for any repairs or extras? OH crap, I dont like being in the middle of a rock and a hard place. Guess I alto be prepared myself because when I get an offer it will probably be the same. Lots of prayers for you to make the right decicision for yourself.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Hammy-I so feel for you.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Kristine, that sucks..sounds like they are real humdingers.. I wanted to use another word but don't want to get banned from CD. The house we sold in NorCal, the one with the acreage, those folks knew we had to sell because we had already moved to utah and the house was vacant..so they really tried to squeeze us..what were we going to do, in their eyes anyway...I wish we could have held out a little longer, but we couldn't.

On the other hand, you are selling the house, you have a new home to move into and start a new part of your life, new baby coming, little Ham, and Mr. Ham...I sure wouldn't fix anything though..

Only you guys can make the decision but if you can afford it, I say sell and move on..a quick escrow means less time to have to deal with them, and Karma is wonderful...what goes around, comes around. I am old enough to have seen that happen...

Old 02-02-2009, 09:08 AM

You guys are the absolute best. I hope you know how much I cherrish all of you. Your keeping me sane right now, keeping me from just losing it and at my desk here at work.

We signed the papers but we did tell our agent to tell their agent that we are sure that inspection will come up fine but if not, we are not fixing anything. Not a thing. We have been pushed to our breaking point and we are not going to be pushed any further. She told their agent all that and that we were really disappointed in their behavior and that it does not leave us with a good taste in our mouth. That we are not happy about it and their inability to budge even just a little does nothing for good will during this process.

Kristine

Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Kristine-you are being too kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate