Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 05:53 PM

311 posts, read 915,674 times

Advertisements

Just wrote my 2nd contract of 2009! DOING the HAPPY DANCE. The buyers and were really happy we waited til the snow melted, because when it did we noticed that the roof is in terrible shape, more curls on the shingles than I have on my head! So we asked for a $4K rebate at closing to re-roof the place. We will see what happens with the sellers. Wish us Luck!

Painter: I totally FEEL your PAIN about some buyers who believe all the gloom and doom reports on tv that they should be able to come in and just STEAL peoples properties from them! Whenever I have a buyer who thinks that I look them directly in the eye and ask them if THEY would be willing to give up $40,OOO equity if they had their house for sale? I keep saying to my buyers, even though Elkhart has the highest unemployment rate in the whole country, and that is TERRIBLE for those folks, it still means 84% of the folks have jobs, are having babies, getting married, divorced, etc, and will need to MOVE. Hang in there kiddo~

Old 02-10-2009, 07:07 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
hey chick , you okay down there in Oklahoma? didn't I hear there was some bad weather down yonder?? Tornados around OK city??

Way to go Jody!! Glad to see you have ready buyers! Hope you help them be good ones

Old 02-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Where y'all at??

Chickrae- you all okay down there??

Barb, you get home to Wa yet?

NJ , did your showing show?? Boy you better tell that realtor to get with it...maybe changing it to March would be a good idea.

Hammy, oh I forgot all about ginger. That might help too Hope you feel better real soon sweetie!

Y'all must be watching TV- I saw Dateline with that, that thing with the 8 babies...oh lordy I won't get started on here! Hmm hmm Hmm....

Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
!

that is what I am telling myself...having a mopey day here myself...crazyma ain't always feeling it ya know
cheer up crazyma.......tomorrow will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
You all want to hear abunch of CRAP? We got another offer on the little house this a.m.----40K, can not believe it. That is 67% LESS than appraisal and COMPS and and and they want a contingency based on financing! Okay I am seriously pissed now. What a waste of time.....all these so called buyers saying sellers are delusional and the buyers have to offer 67% off and they dont know if they can get a mortgage, geeze!
tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I am having some second thoughts on this house we are buying..right now, with closing costs firgured into the loan, we are up another hundred dollars a month. We are on a fixed income. I am going to sit down with pros and cons. The only cons are the taxes..so high...i could use some prayers to see if this is the right place for us. I just feel weepy I guess..I sent Carl out with our buddy to chase around town, i just needed some time alone...Artie, his wife, is working today.. Rae, I will get up to your place..we had snow on the ground when we got here yesterday...mind if I peek in the windows and stuff? I am a nosy girl...willl take some pics ok.

)
Write the pros and cons. I always do that and then end up going with my gut feeling.
Yes go peek around the house. A guy we hired to do the lawn till we got it rented out is suppose to be putting rock in the backyard but he told me yesterday it couldn't cause it snowed...WHAT again it snowed in St. George? It isnt' suppose to snow there. My dh is going to flip out. I think the blinds are all closed but you can go around back and peek in the sliding door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hey chick , you okay down there in Oklahoma? didn't I hear there was some bad weather down yonder?? Tornados around OK city??

yeah in Oklahoma City they had a tornado and then another one in Ardmore, which is half way to Dallas. We are having rain, rain rain, thunder lightening. I was in Walmart getting waiting for my oil to get changed and it sounded like the ceiling was going to cave in. We are actually 2 hours from OKC to the east. North of Tulsa, in Owasso. I am sure with all this rain our driving bridge will be flooded and I will wade in water to the walking bridge in shorts then head to work....gotta love this weather.

This is the second time, I tried to type this. Got it all typed and the stupid power flickered.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 PM

Hammy - hope you feel better. Eat lots of crackers. I was so sick with my first child and then the other 4 were a breeze. I threw up so many times with him that I marked the days that I did on a calendar and then gave it to my son when he got older, so he would know what I went through.

Nj - did you see The Bachelor last night. Jason better not give in to that cry baby Deana...he doesn't want sloppy seconds. I felt bad because my dh had to go get an MRI on his knee at 8:45 last night and I stayed home so I could watch bachelor...what the heck, where are my priorities. It wasn't an emergency thing so I thought it would be ok. He was fine with me not going.

Texas - good luck....our prayers are with you.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM

Forgot to say
Painter - That is bull crap. Tell them you aren't giving houses away for free.

Nj - did your people show up today. A 3 hour window....is ridiculous

Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM

OH good Chick, I was worried about me camper peep! Thx- yes tomorrow will be better. Have to remember to count my blessings...

y'all sleep good, have marvelous good dreams

Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
We are actually 2 hours from OKC to the east. North of Tulsa, in Owasso.
Owasso--that is where Sandy Brooks is from (Garth Brooks 1st wife!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Nj - did you see The Bachelor last night. Jason better not give in to that cry baby Deana...he doesn't want sloppy seconds.

Texas - good luck....our prayers are with you.
Who do you want Jason to pick? I want him to pick the girl whose parents wouldn't meet him! What is her name...Melissa???

Thanks for the prayers.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Yes not only does Garth Brooks ex wife live in Owasso but so does Garth and Trisha. We live close to their home, of course you can't see into the property. I guess people have seen them shopping at Walmart....I never have.

I really want Melissa also. I just don't know if she blew it with not having him meet her parents. Wasn't she the one who gave him a tooth box for Ty? I can't stand Deanna the little witch

Old 02-10-2009, 10:37 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Yeah, I don't like Deanna either. Yes, Melissa gave him the toothfairy box for Ty
I met Garth twice! I have pics of him and me, him giving me a big bear hug!! I love him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate