Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times

Advertisements

I don't think the final word on the 15,000 is settled yet...I heard dems are trying to shoot it down. I can only hope they will at least come up with a compromise.

Yeah that tornado did some serious damage. Those poor people. Glad you wern't in that area. Oh you get a day off I hope that is good news for you.

So for Dogmom and Chick who know the area. If we were to fly into Vegas, how far is the Grand Canyon in driving time from Vegas? Then Zion in Ut isn't much farther right...if St George is only 2 hrs from Vegas?

I have only passed through UT on several occassions and it is just very different looking, but I never got to spend any time there.

DH and I have talked of doing the Vegas, Grand Canyon trek before.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 02-11-2009 at 11:34 AM..

Old 02-11-2009, 12:01 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG you know the $15,000 tax credit!? Did I just hear right that these a--h--es in DC threw that out of the package.

No they didn't throw it out but it is a shame it is only for first time buyers. I had thought it was for anyone. Reading more about it and it say's nothing about first time homebuyers yet I have heard in the last week that was the case.

Last edited by lorriem; 02-11-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Schumer from NY said people don't care about the stim package. What a freakin jerk.

It's yes-no-maybe-working on it. Remember these guys come election day folks-we are in deep trouble.

Another scary was the medical thing they were trying to slip in under the radar limiting health care for seniors. Thanks to tax cheat Daschle.
That health care pork was taken right out of Daschle's book he wrote last year. He said to slip it in a economic package in his book and that is what was done. The thing about seniors they are glossing over and today i heard that they might have to rework SS.

Last edited by lorriem; 02-11-2009 at 12:20 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
There's a saying in NJ BOHICA-translation "Bend Over Here It Comes Again". We've all been BOHICA'd.

On Fox they just said the housing stimulus is not going to happen also the proposed auto loan int. deduction will not go thru. They are waiting for an announcement at any time.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Default Texas

I am so glad that you are having the surgery for sure and the date has been set. I am sorry that this is late but I was on the putter very little last night.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
There's a saying in NJ BOHICA-translation "Bend Over Here It Comes Again". We've all been BOHICA'd.

On Fox they just said the housing stimulus is not going to happen also the proposed auto loan int. deduction will not go thru. They are waiting for an announcement at any time.

Just got home and haven't turned on FOX . That I will do right now.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
About a visual chuckle today: Some nasty weather, althought short lived, blew through here this a.m. So as I was looking out the window at my Trule, wondering what she was so interested in I realized part of my privacy fence had blown down. The only thing seperating my mare and the pool! So I had to run out in the dang rain, catch her and put her in the barn to do repairs to the fence. Well being in such a hurry, grabbing hammer, nails, ect I hear some yelling at the barn, I just waved and kept on going through the field. Okay gals here it is - in my panicked state of mind I hadn't realized that I was in my night shirt and house shoes!!! Gave those farm boys quite a show, but hey my mare was the only thing I was thinking about. What a day!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Thanx for a chuckle on a miserable day!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:

Lacey- you just made me laugh my arse off at that one lmao!!! Thanks for making my day.

Painte-r- hang in there my friend. Today does suck for a lot of people here! ..Hey we are all in it together. Group HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I don't think the final word on the 15,000 is settled yet...I heard dems are trying to shoot it down. I can only hope they will at least come up with a compromise.

Yeah that tornado did some serious damage. Those poor people. Glad you wern't in that area. Oh you get a day off I hope that is good news for you.

So for Dogmom and Chick who know the area. If we were to fly into Vegas, how far is the Grand Canyon in driving time from Vegas? Then Zion in Ut isn't much farther right...if St George is only 2 hrs from Vegas?

I have only passed through UT on several occassions and it is just very different looking, but I never got to spend any time there.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the final word is in on the 15,000.

I do feel bad for the people of that little town in Oklahoma. Yeah a day off is nice, but since I am part time I don't get paid for it, but I do feel lucky we were safe for sure.

The Grand Canyon is 250 miles from Las Vegas. You should go for sure.
You would absolutely love Zions National Park...it's about 45 minutes from Washington/St George area. I am sure dogmom will agree the red rocks and beauty there are spectaculor. It's worth a visit for sure. The northern part of Utah has beautiful mountains too, then you drive south and its a whole different terraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
About a visual chuckle today: Some nasty weather, althought short lived, blew through here this a.m. So as I was looking out the window at my Trule, wondering what she was so interested in I realized part of my privacy fence had blown down. The only thing seperating my mare and the pool! So I had to run out in the dang rain, catch her and put her in the barn to do repairs to the fence. Well being in such a hurry, grabbing hammer, nails, ect I hear some yelling at the barn, I just waved and kept on going through the field. Okay gals here it is - in my panicked state of mind I hadn't realized that I was in my night shirt and house shoes!!! Gave those farm boys quite a show, but hey my mare was the only thing I was thinking about. What a day!!!!

So funny....you crack me up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate