Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2009, 12:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times

Advertisements

Well, I chatted with the attorney, he was very nice, he referred me to another attorney group that handles only SS disability, and also the name and phone number of a rheumatologist..I called the rheumatologist office, of course they are closed on Thursdays, so will call tomorrow..I called the new law office and was told since my 2nd appeal lapsed, i need to file a new claim. So...will get an appt with the dr., then start the app. At least now I know what to do...this will drag out for a while, to be continued. I do feel better for having talked to someone who knows the system a little bit..

I am ready to toss out every politician in Washington DC..what nerve they have, first 30 million for a mouse (Pelosi), no housing stimulus, no auto buying stimulus. What the heck is going on..looks like education got the boot too. Every single one of them, house and senate, need to be tossed out on their ear and I do plan to let my representatives know how we feel. And some of these politicians, in their 80's. Are they nuts? One guy has been in congresss for over 50 years. How about some term limits, two terms and I would almost guarnatee that changes would be made. I love it when they say they only do public service for the public. Bullcrap.

Well I am going back to bed, still in my jamas, not getting dressed, dh and I are beat...be back later..anyone hear from Sara???

Old 02-12-2009, 12:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
They do nothing for us-it's all for them and their lobby groups. Truly sad days for the USA.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
I heard also last night on the news that the farmers can't get their water in central CA. The water fight in California is eons old..NorCal has it, SoCal wants it. the farmers need it plain and simple..and now a fish.

Guess we might as well plant rocks in our front yard when we get moved..there are a lot of ways folks can save water...most times I see sprinklers going when it's raining out..and that is usually the cities or state..dumb. then the citizens get the blame...

I do know that CA is in about its 3rd year of severe drought. The northern CA lakes are about empty...the state has let sooo much water go out of the dams and downstream, to their detriment now.

Well hopefully they figure it out, California always seems to survive...guess I better start looking for cactus to plant instead of trees..

Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
Hi all just checking in for a few seconds. I sure have a lot of catching up to do!!! Bob is still in critical condition but is getting somewhat better. He is down from 13 IV's to 8 IV's and they finally got his blood to clot so they will be doing surgery on his infected hip Monday and if all goes well he will be on crutches till a later date then his hip will be replaced. His kidneys are doing much better but he is running a slight fever. We have Johnathan ( I wish I had his energy ) so I am very busy as he sticks to me like glue. When we go to bed he has to be touching me and by the morning I am on the edge of the bed on my side and can't even turn over lol!!! I miss you all TC and GB!!!

Oh by the way we got the offer of $200,000 like we thought. We are at $370,000 and countered at $300,000 our very rock bottom and have heard nothing, so much for loving our house lol!!! We may end up taking it off the market for a few years till things get better,we don't know yet but we are tired of this market.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Oh Judy-some good news but what a lowball. You have so much going on now-take care of you too.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:34 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I heard also last night on the news that the farmers can't get their water in central CA. The water fight in California is eons old..NorCal has it, SoCal wants it. the farmers need it plain and simple..and now a fish.

Guess we might as well plant rocks in our front yard when we get moved..there are a lot of ways folks can save water...most times I see sprinklers going when it's raining out..and that is usually the cities or state..dumb. then the citizens get the blame...

I do know that CA is in about its 3rd year of severe drought. The northern CA lakes are about empty...the state has let sooo much water go out of the dams and downstream, to their detriment now.

Well hopefully they figure it out, California always seems to survive...guess I better start looking for cactus to plant instead of trees..
Plus the farmers cannot get loans which they have tried because they cannot afford to get water delievered to them from a private source so the banks say no. They are in a catch 22.
Also just heard That Senator Gregg a repub from NH who was asked by Obama to be Sec of Commerce has withdrawn saying he doesn't agree with the so called stimulus bill plus does not agree that the White House will be taking over the census. I am so happy about that bit of News.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:37 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Hi all just checking in for a few seconds. I sure have a lot of catching up to do!!! Bob is still in critical condition but is getting somewhat better. He is down from 13 IV's to 8 IV's and they finally got his blood to clot so they will be doing surgery on his infected hip Monday and if all goes well he will be on crutches till a later date then his hip will be replaced. His kidneys are doing much better but he is running a slight fever. We have Johnathan ( I wish I had his energy ) so I am very busy as he sticks to me like glue. When we go to bed he has to be touching me and by the morning I am on the edge of the bed on my side and can't even turn over lol!!! I miss you all TC and GB!!!

Oh by the way we got the offer of $200,000 like we thought. We are at $370,000 and countered at $300,000 our very rock bottom and have heard nothing, so much for loving our house lol!!! We may end up taking it off the market for a few years till things get better,we don't know yet but we are tired of this market.
Judy such great news about Bob but a bummer about the lowball offer. Things just have to get better.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Lorrie-amazing someone with a backbone. This census mess will be a fiasco and manipulated.

I remember as a child hearing my grandparents proclaim the end of life as we knew it and the problems then were minor. They are probably doing somersaults in their graves.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Hey all Crazyma is here....took a self imposed break from the computer to get some stuff taken care of. I will try to catchup..
JudyP glad to hear the nephew is gradually improving. Maybe you will hear back on the counter

30 mill for a mouse?? you have got to freaking be kidding!
PORK PORK PORK PORk damn Washington

wel still have gots to get some thigns pressing done-BBL

STAY the Course Campers!The $7500 may well entice soem first time buyers to go ahead and take the plunge! Buy a house from April 08 to July 09 and claim it.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:39 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Well the next town over just announced that they "finally" got a loan for close to 4 million to build the new correctional facility and by next spring they will be hiring 400 at a 15% wage increase. this is the first loan I have heard about around here, I "think" they said BoA is doing the funding. Never thought I would look at something like this as good news.

Hey fearless leader, Glad you are back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate