Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

Hey Peeps.
JudyP -prayers still for Bobby and all of y'all

Tex- that is sweet about your sis- we will be praying for you too

Painter, okay guess you better call Dr. G for some help

Dogmom- won't be long!! and you will be making a new home!

roth- you hang in there. I know how you feel a lot. I am just not having a good week. I don't like it here. I feel like I am swimming around in a fish bowl and constantly bumping my head.

Here 2 yrs. this month and I don't think it will ever feel like home. I keep thinking of all the should of, would of, and could ofs and it depresses me.
At least hubby is working and schooling.
But I try to remain thankful and upbeat. And let me tell you , it isn't easy at times.
I am pretty certain this thread is one thing that has helped to keep me sane. Most of the folks back east seem to have givng up emailing....

Well I need to go. I thought maybe if I plugged a stupid coaxil in my little TV and into the cable doohickeys in the wall upstairs, I might get cableTV upstairs. But NO of course that didn't work. No idea what it is...so now I need to put stuff back away.

whatever...I hope you all sleep well tonite and may tomorow be better for all!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
CrazyMa, I know how you feel, like a fish out of water..at the two year point in Utah was when we actually started making friends, and then we had to sell. But it takes a while to become acclimated..I always look at it this way, we are all where we are at RIGHT NOW for a reason. Doesn't mean we will always be here, but there is a reason. For instance, your hubby is working and going to school, that might not be the case back east, I am here in my little place for a reason, probably to appreciate having a house, any house. Shelly, your move has been put on hold so you can fix yourself and get healed..Judy, maybe you are there because of family. I don't know..Roth, Lorrie, NJ, Niki, Painter, Gold, Lacey if I missed anyone I apologize..one thing I know for sure, if we had not been selling our house, I would never have met all you good friends...ok I've yukked it up enough.. All I am saying is there is a reason for everything..

Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey Peeps.
Here 2 yrs. this month and I don't think it will ever feel like home. I keep thinking of all the should of, would of, and could ofs and it depresses me.
But I try to remain thankful and upbeat. And let me tell you , it isn't easy at times.
I am pretty certain this thread is one thing that has helped to keep me sane. Most of the folks back east seem to have givng up emailing....
whatever...I hope you all sleep well tonite and may tomorow be better for all!
Aww Crazyma I feel for you! Sometimes I just wish I could live somewhere else, but the time just isn't right for that now. Your thread idea is a great one! I hope you get to feeling better about things

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
CrazyMa, I know how you feel, like a fish out of water..at the two year point in Utah was when we actually started making friends, and then we had to sell. But it takes a while to become acclimated..I always look at it this way, we are all where we are at RIGHT NOW for a reason. Doesn't mean we will always be here, but there is a reason. For instance, your hubby is working and going to school, that might not be the case back east, I am here in my little place for a reason, probably to appreciate having a house, any house. Shelly, your move has been put on hold so you can fix yourself and get healed..Judy, maybe you are there because of family. I don't know..Roth, Lorrie, NJ, Niki, Painter, Gold, Lacey if I missed anyone I apologize..one thing I know for sure, if we had not been selling our house, I would never have met all you good friends...ok I've yukked it up enough.. All I am saying is there is a reason for everything..
Very beautifully said Dogmom and soooo TRUE

Old 02-16-2009, 10:22 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Crazy, when you say noone emails from back east-do you mean friends and family of yours? Didn't you move from FL to KS or do I have that wrong? Your kids are all in different locals correct? That's gotta be hard!
It's good to vent and get the emotions all out isn't it I have some trying relationships with a couple of relatives and I just wonder why!

We rented "Nights of Rodanthe" on V-day. It was a nice love story with Diane Lane and Richard Gere shot in NC on the coast; beautiful scenary! Just thought I would let you all know it is worth seeing.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Barb, you are so right. Not in our time, but in God's time... There's a reason why my house didn't sell And am I ever glad it didn't because I would be royally screwed if it had. Everyone will get to where they should be in His time. I'm certain of it!

I had to make one of your statements in your post BOLD because it is exactly how I feel about each and everyone of you.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hang in there--like Barb said...we are where we are supposed to be at this given time. This thread has definitely helped keep me sane. I am so glad I found it and got to know each of you. You are all unique and special. Just think of the FUN we are going to have when we finally make plans to meet one another!

Damn these drugs--it's 4 am and I am WIDE AWAKE!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Crazy, when you say noone emails from back east-do you mean friends and family of yours? Didn't you move from FL to KS or do I have that wrong? Your kids are all in different locals correct? That's gotta be hard!
It's good to vent and get the emotions all out isn't it I have some trying relationships with a couple of relatives and I just wonder why!

We rented "Nights of Rodanthe" on V-day. It was a nice love story with Diane Lane and Richard Gere shot in NC on the coast; beautiful scenary! Just thought I would let you all know it is worth seeing.
Gold, I've wanted to see that--think I will rent it when my sister gets here. It will give us something to do while I'm recovering.

I too have some difficult relationships within my own family...I try not to over analyze it...just chalk it up to them being rude and irresponsible (2 younger sisters)

Old 02-17-2009, 04:24 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Morning all- the thing is we choose our friends not our family!

NJSocks and Hammy-where are you?

DogMom-beautifully said.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all- the thing is we choose our friends not our family!

NJSocks and Hammy-where are you?

DogMom-beautifully said.

thanks for asking Lacey and Dogmom! Been a mess here. Lots of sht but cannot say too much.... Thank you for thinking of us!! I appreciate it.

I hope you guys are good. Showing today at 10am..Of course they are looking at a ton of other homes..Another one that wanted 3 hr. window. I told realtor N-O. I said 10-1030a, I am tired of it...especially not even getting fb anymore.

Judy I am sorry about your nephew...He is in my prayers...
I will read more later girls.. My husband is such a mess...
thank you all guys.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Default ohhhhhh

Morning everyone, You all are gonna make me cry with all the sweetness Okay feel better? Not much going on, no excitement, no news, no nothing, and all is quiet well as quiet as it gets around here. So let me throw this out for opinions:

Our whole move was based on the Vet school for dd. Was told that the plan has changed and she will be moving to another local for 2+yrs WITH her boytoy and living with her dad, while she is attending school. Then she will transfer to the vet school Now what? I am now reevaluating things, smaller house, selling horses ect. This has thrown me alot to think about. i am not a happy camper. This opens another whole can of worms, this "boy" can not hold a job and I refuse to support him which means my dd is in for a long hard road. Told her from the get go that I would help with the finances at long as the boy was not part of it. Now what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate