Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times

Advertisements

Hey all just checking in again, nothing on the tv except idol.

Engineers are anal but they do make the bucks so that makes me wonder too........hmmm? A ploy to see if you are desperate in some way or willing to drop just cause he wants you to.

Lacey dont get discouraged Mr. L will be good to go when the time comes for the wedding. Tell him I said so. Thinking of you friend.

Now for the dd "thing", if I help with living or transport he will benefit, that just leaves school it self. I hope that within the 6 mon till transfer she will dump his butt, but if I sell and leave before her then it will be the same problem with her here with him. And his parents actually told me they couldn't wait for him to marry a Dr.! I said yea I wish my dd would marry someone with potential too.....

Old 02-17-2009, 08:26 PM

here is another gripe to add to the financial mess, just on the news. Postmaster is complaining, he wants to cut out Sat. delivery because the postal service is suffering too, Even with the 2 cent rise in postage in May but he gladly excepted a 6 figure bonus. With all his perks and paycheck it puts him at 800k/yr but his spokes person said well the ceo of fed ex makes 900k so...............

Old 02-17-2009, 08:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
here is another gripe to add to the financial mess, just on the news. Postmaster is complaining, he wants to cut out Sat. delivery because the postal service is suffering too, Even with the 2 cent rise in postage in May but he gladly excepted a 6 figure bonus. With all his perks and paycheck it puts him at 800k/yr but his spokes person said well the ceo of fed ex makes 900k so...............
Just when you think you have heard it all...I am tired of everyday hearing more about these guys wanting raises, more money, cutbacks..I am trying to be positive but I am hoping we, as a country, somehow manage to pull out of this mess...

We got a statement of a small IRA we have, last quarter lost 29% of its value..unbelievable. I almost feel like my grandparents did, put the money under the mattress..

Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
dogmom...........Stinks about the retirement funds, huh? Over the course of last year all our funds (a 401K, one IRA and 2 Roth IRA's) have lost 40% of their value from the beginning of the year, which of course was lower than the beginning of the previous year. Neither DH nor I either one have any kind of pension other than these funds and SS. I am adamantly refusing to put one red cent into the Roth IRA's this year until I'm fairly confident that the stock market has hit bottom. "Financial experts"....is there such a thing nowadays?.....say we may hit at least 6500 on the DJIA, maybe even down to 5000 before it decides to start turning around. If we had taken all that money and put it into CDs or savings at least we wouldn't have lost anything on them. I'm totally sick about it. DH has planned for years to retire at 62.......ain't gonna happen now (he's 57) all because of greed, greed, greed.

Now......the reason why I am posting. Well, we are officially screwed. I went on to Pittsburgh's craiglist to see if our house was on there. I did a search for our area and decided to look at a few houses that were priced within $25k of ours just for comparison. Imagine my suprise when I pulled up one and immediately recognized the pix. It seems that the house down the road from us that sold for an extreme lowball offer last April is now back on the market again!!! It's for sale by owner, and priced $18k more than they bought it for last April, but it's still $16k below ours! I am so PO'ed that I could spit nails!!! I immediately called DH to see if he knew what was going on. He claimed that he didn't even know it was for sale. He said that he hadn't seen any signs on it, but according to the ad it went up on February 5th. I don't know whether he lost his job, got transferred, testing the waters because of the stimulus, or what the heck is going on there. They have a bit more land (none of it useable, though, due to it being on a very steep hill) and a 2 car garage, but when it sold before the inside was a total mess with nothing upgraded and unfinished projects, but I don't know if they ever did anything to the inside or not. The inside of ours has been totally upgraded and we are actually "uphill" from the road, where their's is "downhill" from the road. I suspect that they will eventually put out a sign and therefore if anyone comes to see ours courtesy of the $10k we would pay the RE agents, they will see that one is for sale and check it out. I just really did NOT effing need this!!!

Yeah, I know, I've been reading what people have said about priorities and I probably agree, it's just that I had to vent. The one good thing we had going for us was the fact that there were no other houses in the area for sale that really were equivalent to ours. As far as God's will, I'm really just not believing right now. I just feel as though he is doing nothing other than throw roadblocks in our way, and I see absolutely nothing good about this. I must have really PO'ed Him sometime in my life. Sorry.

Lacey..........I can totally sympathize with you!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM

Roth, yeah that stinks...we are like you, no pension coming in, just investment income (what little we take) and dh social security disability. He took a lump sum buyout when he retired, we are at about half of what we started with 5 years ago. Of course we have taken some out here and there due to moving, buying, etc...but still we were keeping even until about a year ago. Ugh..So I know exactly how you feel.

Now, when you house sells, what is DH going to do. Is he able to move down there with you? I don't know what his job is, you probably mentioned it way back..I know how expensive it is to keep up two homes, its not just the payment and buying, its utilities, taxes, etc...we are going to be in the same boat, I hope we can hang onto our little place here. We pay 250 a month space rent, numnutz landlord is raising it to 270 in May..then we have to keep the heat on at about 50 due to the humidity...we have the phone and cable year round...we have a bundle, phone, internet and cable, 100 a month. we need a phone here, our cell phones don't work well, but we could lose that i guess...

i am probably stressing over nothing, it will work out..im kind of stressing out about what to pack up here and take to CA..

Anyway, I know how you are feeling Roth..chat anytime ok?! This gang really saves my sanity..

Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Morning all

Oh Crazy that's a shame.

TexasG-Mr. L really has no stress with the wedding,plans,etc. The only stress I can think of he stresses internally over the Crohn's and the symptoms that he has now. I am the one with the stress-LOL.

Roth and Barb-I thank Gof I moved our IRA's and mutuals into CD's when this first started and we lost very little.

Painter you are between a rock and a hard place-feel for you friend.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM

Morning campers, wow I actually slept like 6 hours...unbelievable! I was just checking the weather online today hoping for sun...partly sunny, high of 51. I can deal with that. Hubby and I need to do a couple errands, like go to Seattle...we talked about going a few days ago but i got sick..drive up to Bremerton and take a ride on the ferry, we can walk once we get to the pier in Seattle to Pike Market, so will save $$ and leave the car in Bremerton. We'll see what dh wants to do today. I need to figure out a shower gift for my future DIL. Her shower is on the 28th..I've been hashing over the registry and nothing is sending me over the moon. Ladies, I could use some ideas.

No theme to the shower, so I could go personal or household, or both..they live together and have stuff but she has things like the metal measuring cups, a keurig coffeemaker, toaster oven, luggage, etc.. guess I could buy one of the suitcases and stuff it full of stuff..any ideas appreciated..oh they also registered for china..maybe i should get a few place settings? I see no one has purchased any yet.. Or maybe a piece of luggage, buy some linens she has picked out, with a sexy nighty on top and some bath gels like from Victorias secret, well I fill figure it out.

I am rambling for so early..sorry...

Old 02-18-2009, 07:41 AM

Default Warning givin!

They had a warning type of news article referencing posting pictures on the site of F c a e b k! It was warning you that any pix posted can be used by the general public, they will no longer belong to you unless you have them copy write protected. So to be careful what you put on there. Now I am wondering if the same would apply here, I dont see why not. So if this is true, someone can down load your pix and put it on say a billboard and you wouldnt beable to do anything about it, or publish in a mag to advertise. It is scary Just like anything we write on here comes up in a googl search. This I have checked and believe me it will come up. There is no safety here for sure.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Morning campers, wow I actually slept like 6 hours...unbelievable! I was just checking the weather online today hoping for sun...partly sunny, high of 51. I can deal with that. Hubby and I need to do a couple errands, like go to Seattle...we talked about going a few days ago but i got sick..drive up to Bremerton and take a ride on the ferry, we can walk once we get to the pier in Seattle to Pike Market, so will save $$ and leave the car in Bremerton. We'll see what dh wants to do today. I need to figure out a shower gift for my future DIL. Her shower is on the 28th..I've been hashing over the registry and nothing is sending me over the moon. Ladies, I could use some ideas.

No theme to the shower, so I could go personal or household, or both..they live together and have stuff but she has things like the metal measuring cups, a keurig coffeemaker, toaster oven, luggage, etc.. guess I could buy one of the suitcases and stuff it full of stuff..any ideas appreciated..oh they also registered for china..maybe i should get a few place settings? I see no one has purchased any yet.. Or maybe a piece of luggage, buy some linens she has picked out, with a sexy nighty on top and some bath gels like from Victorias secret, well I fill figure it out.

I am rambling for so early..sorry...
I like your idea of the suitcase filled with something more practical along with a sexy nighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
They had a warning type of news article referencing posting pictures on the site of F c a e b k! It was warning you that any pix posted can be used by the general public, they will no longer belong to you unless you have them copy write protected. So to be careful what you put on there. Now I am wondering if the same would apply here, I dont see why not. So if this is true, someone can down load your pix and put it on say a billboard and you wouldnt beable to do anything about it, or publish in a mag to advertise. It is scary Just like anything we write on here comes up in a googl search. This I have checked and believe me it will come up. There is no safety here for sure.
Yeah any pix you post online can be stolen if you don't have it protected. I know it is done alot to sell puppies...peoples dog pix are stolen and misrepresented. That's true it is scary that everything we write here is up for grabs for the world to see. I started thinking about that in reference to posting birthdates.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Default Campers

Texas, I will be thinking of you and praying for a safe and successful surgery result this Saturday. That is great that your big sister can be by your side to help out. Are you looking forward to having a little down time?

Judy still praying for you...hope your ok.

Painter, I know it can be challenging with the young people at times. I had 2 daughters at a young age, so been there and done that...well actually the job is never done

All you sellers hang tight...something has got to give and a light at the end of the tunnel is in store!!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate