Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times

Advertisements

how many buyers does it take to change a light bulb?
don't know, half of them like being in the dark and the other half are waiting for the price of bulbs to drop further

Did ya hear about the dumb agent? She went to the funeral home... she heard they had showings.

My agent is so dumb , she takes pictures of HER House to put on her MLS listings.

Dora dum dum got her first listing one night ...then she was there for 6 hrs. the next day. She was leaving as the owners came in that evening... What are all those orange dots on the walls, floors, appliances, hey every where, the owners exlclaimed!! Dora dum dum said , oh those are the price stickers, took me a while but I finally got all the stickers to add up to $285,000. Oh yeah! I had to put $11.00 on the dog, do you mind?

JUST JOKING any agents out there..nothing personal to ya

Last edited by crazyma; 11-25-2008 at 08:24 PM..

Old 11-25-2008, 11:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
Hammy,
Beautiful house! I hope you get it.

Texas,
Great news! Hopefully they'll make a fair offer.

njsocks,
Best of luck with the potential buyers!

Not much going on around here. I've got some errands to run tomorrow (today technically). I also have to go to Target and the grocery store. That's going to be fun on the day before Thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
LMAO kRISTINE!
I felt like I started talking in Chinese back to them....It's catchy !

And thank you for making me spit hot chocolate all over my keyboard.

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 07:34 AM

Well, my agent had her meeting last night. She said it went well but that the woman was NOT happy with the price. Her husband was not there because he was still working so they were going to talk it over last night and let us at least know something today. My agent said she brought a HUGE stack of sold comps and showed them all to her and she said "well the house next door listed for $769,000 and we are only $699,000". My agent tried to explain to her that yes they LISTED at that price but they never sold and took it off the market. She also explained that houses in the Twin Cities are averaging 10% off listing price and this offer is 7% off listing price. The seller did not seem to get it.

I told my agent that we are ready to dig in our heels. We have done our homework and we know what this house is worth. We just need to wait until they "get it".

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Hammey, Hopefully the husband will get IT! Not wanting to make a "dumb" remark towards women, expecially since "WE" are women with brains but....maybe this women doesn't understand basic business or math and it will be the husband that is the decision maker. Your agent may need to speak to him directly. For as long as I can remember 7% has been the norm when making an offer, only since the tank in RE are the lower offers becoming the norm. If you had went in at 25%-40% off the list then I would say boohoo on you. Hold your cards it will probably happen today!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 08:10 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times

This made me giggle!

Good morning girls. I hope you all have a fantastic day getting ready for Turkey Day. I know some of you will be trying to make things perfect for your guests. It will ALL work out.

Crazyma-Thank you so much for the good laugh this morning! We ALL needed it, I am sure.

Hammy- Your agent went armed and that is rare to find sometimes! If you know what is "norm" in your area then sooner or later the sellers will get it. The house might be sitting there with no movement for awhile and EVENTUALLY they will realize they should come around to your family. It is going to be tough just waiting...but you can do it! I know in some areas the prices are going for at least 7-10% off or MORE! In SC, it was NOT the case and here where we are buying it wasn't either. Both of our areas have NOT been hit hard. In SC, we sold for 23,000 more than we paid AND we only took 3,000 off asking price. Real estate truly is about LOCATION! Good luck we are behind you girl! Plus, we all want to come visit since you will have that ENORMOUS house.LOL.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,910 times
We got our inspection report back this morning. When my dh was there with the inspector, he said there wasn't A LOT that seemed out of wack. The house has only been lived in for less than a year. I think we will have to ask the seller to do two things. The rest is minor that we can do. The seller was lazy though ( which we knew) there are a couple of stones on the front of the house that SHOULD have been covered under the builder's warranty. He didn't call them in to fix it.

We are just going to ask them to get someone in to check the heating system because of something found.

Do any of you have a radon system installed in your homes? We have never had it and the inspector said the seller didn't even have it turned on. He said we should get that checked out.

Those are the two major things we want done. The piddly stuff we can do- you know like a tiny ripped screen, etc. ( We wont be our BUYERS!)

Anyhow, also..... TERMITES..... NEED ADVICE FROM PEEPS!

We had a termite system in place in SC so we wouldn't get them. It was under contract, etc. Ok, now here in Ohio the house doesn't have it and the inspector didn't recommend it.

I "think" we should have it in place just to be SAFE! This is something we would do, not the sellers. I know someone in our group had to have there home TENTED to get rid of them.

Thoughts on this girls? I know a couple of you are in Penn. Do you have it?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hammey, Hopefully the husband will get IT! Not wanting to make a "dumb" remark towards women, expecially since "WE" are women with brains but....maybe this women doesn't understand basic business or math and it will be the husband that is the decision maker. Your agent may need to speak to him directly. For as long as I can remember 7% has been the norm when making an offer, only since the tank in RE are the lower offers becoming the norm. If you had went in at 25%-40% off the list then I would say boohoo on you. Hold your cards it will probably happen today!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post

This made me giggle!

Good morning girls. I hope you all have a fantastic day getting ready for Turkey Day. I know some of you will be trying to make things perfect for your guests. It will ALL work out.

Crazyma-Thank you so much for the good laugh this morning! We ALL needed it, I am sure.

Hammy- Your agent went armed and that is rare to find sometimes! If you know what is "norm" in your area then sooner or later the sellers will get it. The house might be sitting there with no movement for awhile and EVENTUALLY they will realize they should come around to your family. It is going to be tough just waiting...but you can do it! I know in some areas the prices are going for at least 7-10% off or MORE! In SC, it was NOT the case and here where we are buying it wasn't either. Both of our areas have NOT been hit hard. In SC, we sold for 23,000 more than we paid AND we only took 3,000 off asking price. Real estate truly is about LOCATION! Good luck we are behind you girl! Plus, we all want to come visit since you will have that ENORMOUS house.LOL.
Thanks ladies! You all know your welcome anytime. We can make fun fruity drinks and hang out!

I want to ask a question and I want an honest answer because I truly am not trying to be one of "those buyers". They want to move at the end of February according to the wife. Say they wait until January or so and decide they want to now accept our offer because they have had no traffic. Is it fair that now my offer price is lower because now the house is worth less and interest rates are potentially higer? We locked in for 60 days yesterday because the rates were so great. From the looks of it, house values are dropping hard and I really don't want to overpay for a house that I know for a fact will decrease in value for the next few years. Or, should we just keep our original offer as it stands for as long as they take to decide?

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
We got our inspection report back this morning. When my dh was there with the inspector, he said there wasn't A LOT that seemed out of wack. The house has only been lived in for less than a year. I think we will have to ask the seller to do two things. The rest is minor that we can do. The seller was lazy though ( which we knew) there are a couple of stones on the front of the house that SHOULD have been covered under the builder's warranty. He didn't call them in to fix it.

We are just going to ask them to get someone in to check the heating system because of something found.

Do any of you have a radon system installed in your homes? We have never had it and the inspector said the seller didn't even have it turned on. He said we should get that checked out.

Those are the two major things we want done. The piddly stuff we can do- you know like a tiny ripped screen, etc. ( We wont be our BUYERS!)

Anyhow, also..... TERMITES..... NEED ADVICE FROM PEEPS!

We had a termite system in place in SC so we wouldn't get them. It was under contract, etc. Ok, now here in Ohio the house doesn't have it and the inspector didn't recommend it.

I "think" we should have it in place just to be SAFE! This is something we would do, not the sellers. I know someone in our group had to have there home TENTED to get rid of them.

Thoughts on this girls? I know a couple of you are in Penn. Do you have it?

So does this house actually have termites or is this just percautionary? I did not know termites were an issue in Ohio. Learn something new everyday.

I cannot believe the guy did not call on something that was actually covered under the builders warrenty! What a kook.

Kristine

Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Hammey, I am abit confussed here. Are you talking about the house you made the offer on yesterday? If so then....either they except it now or in January your agent would need to run new comps and start over and base your offer on that. She could tell the sellers this too, or the agent for the seller, say look this is the offer today but due to the market instability if your seller waits 60 days the offer may go down to reflect current prices at that time. It would be fair to both parties, business is operated on real time or just in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate