Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 01:19 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OK--like I don't have enough going on already in my life....

There are squirrels in my attic! Have any of you ever had this problem? If so, what did you do about it? Someone told me not to put poison up there because it will cause an odor problem when they die up there. Sounds like I will have to hire an exterminator.

When we lived in one of our homes in CA a few months after moving in we smelled something that smelled worse every day. Whatever critter died in the wall finally decomposed enough to not have a smell anymore but it did smell for many months. I was happy to be working. This was a new construction so I think whatever it was got into the wall area without anyone noticing. Get an exterminater.
Forgot to mention a year after we moved in we got a bug guy in to spray for maintenence. He went uup into the attic and found several wasp nests. Most were dead but two he had to spray and then did the whole attic. The access to the attic was in my laundry room. I checked that drop door for months everytime I did laundry

Old 02-19-2009, 01:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Hey all just popped on a bit...gotta run some errands

TEX- during daylight hours check the outside of your home for any opening where the squirrels might be gaining access to your home and seal them up. With steel wool, that spray in foam, wood, mesh,etc.
they probably come in at night and go out to play in the day. Seal off the way in and that may help.

Now let me go see the price drop crapper...

Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
OMG. ROTHBEAR AND HAMMY AND GOLD'S POSTS are excellent. Reps for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these idiots over there have dementia I think!!! omg. The nerve of some. Now I know what I am up against with the buyers I have coming in.

Hi Crazy- my blood pressure just went up 100 points after that thread....

Attn: Gumby alert

Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG. ROTHBEAR AND HAMMY AND GOLD'S POSTS are excellent. Reps for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of these idiots over there have dementia I think!!! omg. The nerve of some. Now I know what I am up against with the buyers I have coming in.

Hi Crazy- my blood pressure just went up 100 points after that thread....

Attn: Gumby alert
I saw Gumby on there and just had to laugh. He never has anything to add, ever.

Kristine

Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I saw Gumby on there and just had to laugh. He never has anything to add, ever.

Kristine

rofl. That's all we needed to stir the pot. LOL...Wow, people are clueless over there.

I would give you reps but it says to "spread the goodness" around lol

Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Campers- in view of gloomers and doomers and other assorted talking heads-

Hard as it is try not let it eat at you. THAT is what irrational nasty folks want, is to make good folks mad...so they will ultimately throw their hands up and 'give' their houses away. And then the bad guys win.

hang in there, YOU ALL will survive and come out a winner!!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
I may have champagne taste and a beer budget but hey you know what I would drink a long neck anyday over champagne. So for all those buyers out there that cant afford champagne get in your hillbilly cadilac and head down the road......................just cowboy up and leave the Jones behind the gate.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM

336 posts, read 864,302 times
OMG campers, I am so bad taking these long vacation away from you guys. I hope all is well and really need to try and get caught up with you all. Its going on 4 months since we sold our house and moved and we have been going through alot of changes. I miss my old home, but AI do love it here. We have bee renting now on 4 months and this weekend we are going out looking at homes. We plan to try and catch some open houses and look at the inventory and see what's out there in our area. We signed a 12 month lease, but how things are looking now we may end up breaking our lease. We really miss being home owners and though the house we are renting is cute as a button, it has flaws that bug me with the wiring here and how things are set up. My husbands friend is an electrician and he said who ever wired this house needs to be shot! I will stay up to date what we plan on doing our goal is to move to our own home by june or july. I will check in more often for I really missed talking to you all. Still trying to get back on track from our Walt Disney Vacation we took from 1/31-2/6.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
hey there stranger! Cant believe it has been 4 months already, geeze time is flying by. It sounds that you are doing alright, anxious to buy too. In breaking your lease, I would have the friend put in writing all the electrical flaws incase you have problems moving out early. Just a thought. Hope you stay in touch here, was wondering what happened to you!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I may have champagne taste and a beer budget but hey you know what I would drink a long neck anyday over champagne. So for all those buyers out there that cant afford champagne get in your hillbilly cadilac and head down the road......................just cowboy up and leave the Jones behind the gate.
Rofl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate