Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 03:09 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

I know what you mean Lorrie-this stimulus, etc is killing the market. We are living in scary times my friends.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I know what you mean Lorrie-this stimulus, etc is killing the market. We are living in scary times my friends.
Plus the stimulus is not really a stimulus package for us Americans. Obama said in his speech last night he is proud that the stimulus package was passed without any earmarks. Do my ears decieve me? There is so much pork in that and most people do not even know that. The package that was passed today a congressman was proud to say there was only $10 million of ear marks in it. Good grief.
Again I must say I am sorry.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:02 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
OH FRIED PORK RINDS!!! That is what I think every time I hear stimulus/bail out/ ect. What a bunch of crap. I want to send my filled muck bucket and the muck rake to DC. and dump it there, doubt if half of them would know crap if they stepped in it.

Anyway I made some cinnabon muffins, stuck the last of them in the oven and fell asleep. The next thing I know is the boys are running around barking crazy and the house was full of smoke. Yep they were black coals and it stinks to the heavens in here. Nothing like baking to make a home smell good. Now the doors and windows are open, the heat is running and I am stimulating the economy through my fuel efficiency.

Nope no one best walk in front of me today, not a good mood. Spoke with my agent today for an hour. It ticks me off so bad what is happening to the market. My area now has a 25-26 month load of inventory and prices are declining at a rate of 1% per month on the market. That means for local standards my house will be worth 3300. less in 30 days. So as of March 1st I will have loss 86k in a yr.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Lorrie and Lacey...........you said it!! It's not a stimulus, it's a PORKulus!! $30 million for a mouse??? Of course that is in Pelosi's district! I didn't watch it last night, but saw bits and pieces today on the news. Is it just me, or did she look extremely smug and condescending standing behind there??

Dogmom......How much time do you have before the wedding? Would it be possible for you or someone to make you a little bolero jacket with sleeves out of matching sheer material? Something very plain and simple so as not to detract from the dress. I really think the first one is very elegant. Or maybe you can drape the shawl in such a way to cover a bit for at least in the church and for pix? Once at the reception you will probably be having so much fun you won't even remember! My mother had the same complaint and when I made her dress for my wedding I put in sheer long sleeves.

I had an inspector in today for the new house so that we can get anything fixed before the year warranty is up. They did find a few things, but not sure if they will be willing to fix any of them. We'll have to see. Quality manager is coming on Monday.

I have to do another stamping/scrapping class tomorrow morning, so have to get ready for that tonight. Now they want me to do follow-up classes next month. I'll have to forego April, though, because hopefully DD will have closed on her house by then and I'll be taking a trip up there.

Bye!

Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Oh Painter dear friend-that is huge. I can't blame you for the down mood but please vent away on us-it's okay.

Yesterday we discussed taking the house off due to Mr. L's health, impending surgery. We said we'd sleep on it and talk today. When I told our daughter she went nuts! So we decided to stay listed, what will be will be, IF (big IF) we get sold we'll just rent.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Lorrie and Lacey...........you said it!! It's not a stimulus, it's a PORKulus!! $30 million for a mouse??? Of course that is in Pelosi's district! I didn't watch it last night, but saw bits and pieces today on the news. Is it just me, or did she look extremely smug and condescending standing behind there??

Dogmom......How much time do you have before the wedding? Would it be possible for you or someone to make you a little bolero jacket with sleeves out of matching sheer material? Something very plain and simple so as not to detract from the dress. I really think the first one is very elegant. Or maybe you can drape the shawl in such a way to cover a bit for at least in the church and for pix? Once at the reception you will probably be having so much fun you won't even remember! My mother had the same complaint and when I made her dress for my wedding I put in sheer long sleeves.

I had an inspector in today for the new house so that we can get anything fixed before the year warranty is up. They did find a few things, but not sure if they will be willing to fix any of them. We'll have to see. Quality manager is coming on Monday.

I have to do another stamping/scrapping class tomorrow morning, so have to get ready for that tonight. Now they want me to do follow-up classes next month. I'll have to forego April, though, because hopefully DD will have closed on her house by then and I'll be taking a trip up there.

Bye!
Extremely smug-like the cat that swallowed the "mouse"!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Hey crazy ma I was thinking that if we ever ended up homeless I just might try jail. Three meals a day and get my self a big girlfriend to protect me. I will have to fiqure out what to do with hubby though.
I was also thinking commune type living. We can belong to two. One on the east coast and one on the west coast. That sounds ok.lol

ROFLMAO...Lorrie, you are such a pisser.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Hey campers, I can't stay on we did not get the home loan...hubby took off not sure where he went, not a good sign with him, he does have some depression an I am bawling my eyes out..i know not the end of the world..but to us it is right now..later

Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Oh Barb, I'm so sorry that the loan fell through. Damn stinking economy. Hope Mr. Dogmom is okay.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:09 PM

157 posts, read 446,118 times
Dogmom - I'm so sorry to hear this! Could you try with a different lender?? You guys will get through this - that stinks though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate