Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 03:15 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That INR is a little on the high side--keep watch over that. Wait til he's asleep and then mark it or ply him with vodka and wait til he's passed out!!!

Yes bruises do get slightly bigger but not excessively so like yours!

Painter: WOO HOO!!! A bidding war!!!
You can't win with the INR. Doc likes to see him between 2-3 but 2.5 is ideal.

I think it was more then a sprained ankle but I might never know. It was amazing to watch though.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh I like that ply him with vodka-my kind of girl Texas!

Lorrie-make up and measure.

NJSocks at least it's a group and not some 90 y.o. from the retirement villages.

Lacey I am not good at making up and I started it. Our 45th anniversary is March 14th and he wanted to get me an engagement ring. I lost the first a year after we got married. He knows I do not like jewelery. I only wear a wedding band (my third since I also lost the first two) a watch and a circle necklace. Eerything else is in my Grandmothers steamer trunk. When my mother died I even gave her ring to my niece but kept her wedding band. So I started it about his spending habits. He even gets lottery tickets weds and Sat. BTW my daughter wanted my moms mothers ring so I did't leave her out.
I shouldn't have started the fight but I did and I am letting him think about it.
I will watch his leg though since I love hime so.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Oh Lorrie-he's sweet to think of that but I see your side too. He'll think and see your side-he loves you much.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Oh Lorrie-he's sweet to think of that but I see your side too. He'll think and see your side-he loves you much.
As I love him but as you know there comes a time when you will need the money to live on. I worry way to much but I am right when it comes to money.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Lorriem I am with you on the ring, especially since you lose them, lol! I'll tell you my story since this will never happen to you. When I got married I was given a choice of the new house (down payt) or the 1.5 caret diamond, I went with the house. got the most expensive CZ in the same setting & no one could tell the difference. Well after the divorce he got the house and wanted my ring so I walked into the bathroom and said here, when he reached for it, well it went down the toilet just like our marriage and I flushed. So your hubby gesture was wonderful and loving but I agree that there are more important things in life and I do love diamonds........

Old 03-04-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Lorriem I am with you on the ring, especially since you lose them, lol! I'll tell you my story since this will never happen to you. When I got married I was given a choice of the new house (down payt) or the 1.5 caret diamond, I went with the house. got the most expensive CZ in the same setting & no one could tell the difference. Well after the divorce he got the house and wanted my ring so I walked into the bathroom and said here, when he reached for it, well it went down the toilet just like our marriage and I flushed. So your hubby gesture was wonderful and loving but I agree that there are more important things in life and I do love diamonds........

Thanks for the laugh painter een though it is a true story. Made my night. I have no use and never had for diamonds.That is just me though.
I was going steady with my Gary and another Gary at the same time.It was great that both had the same names. My Gary was a challange since he would always dump his steady girl friends and that was not going to happen to me. The other Gary asked me to marry him and I almost said yes because of one thing he said a few months before. He said Lorrie I LIKE YOU. That was said when I was 17 and I still remember how special those words were. The I love you thing came later. My Gary I caught and he and I felt I won. Not a reason to get engaged but there was something else I felt and I went with my gut. I was right. I never felt what I felt for the other Gary. They were both two different types of men and a little older then me My Gary was 21 when we got married I just turned 19 and the other Gary was 23. . My Gary gave me a small diamond ring and I never saw what the other Gary would have given me.
I made the right choice,

Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 PM

311 posts, read 915,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi Lacey, Havent tried Zi-Cam, never heard of it. I haven't taken anything, might be the reason it is draggin' on.
Hey Painter,

RUN to get some of that Zi-Cam. I am with Lacey, I swear by the stuff. At the first sign of any sort of flu/cold symptom, I am taking it and usually within a day or two my bug is gone. I also take 2000 mg of Vit C a day. So far, so good, I rarely get it for too long.

Good luck to you on your new price. I wish my listings were doing as well as my buyers have been. I had a showing scheduled on one of my listings tonight. My seller had someone clean the house all nice and spiffy (hes out of town) and then at the time they were to see it, the other agent calls and leaves me a message that the buyers decided not to look at it after all. SIGHHHHH

Meanwhile I had an appointment to show a house to my new buyer clients at 5:30. Get there and there's two locks on the door...and only one key in the box. Called the listing agent and she says she will send her hubby with key. An hour later...we find out that she had 2 showings tonight and she sent him to the WRONG house. Needless to say, by this time we were all cold and ready to go...sigh...so we rescheduled to see it on Friday at 4.
Somedays I think I really gotta find something ELSE to do

Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hey campers...just got done reading all your posts...we got home last night, we were both exhausted. I was up early had a dr. appt at 9:30 so DH got up and drove me. I am about to the point that I don't drive much anymore, must be the fatigue, the fuzziness or both..better I am not on the road right now..

Dr. is changing some medications and sending me for spine xrays to rule out a cause of my neck and back pain. It's fibromyalgia, but need to rule out other things I guess..I go back in a month.

The house we were buying has been re listed so that deal is over. wow we came close to making a huge mistake and we are almost shaking in our boots over it..made us realize we have to aim for a much lower price range to be comfortable in. Sara you are right, when God closes a door, he opens a window. That house was not right for us.

Anyone watch Idol..I cannot believe that Tatiana got a second chance with the wild card, but they are right that she is a draw to the show and, well, entertaining..she is so whiny and weepy though, makes me nuts....

Ok just wanted to let you know I was here..has anyone heard from Judy??

Old 03-05-2009, 09:02 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Really really had to search for this today. No one is posting and I have to wonder, is this thread coming to an end? So many have left us and no one new is coming in.........so sad. It is no longer on subject and has become a chat line and as much as I hate it, do you think a new thread in community would revive us? Bring in new folks or would it become just another like all others?

WHERE IS EVERYONE??????

Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Default I'm here!

Hey Painter, I'm here...I don' know where those missing campers went..most of the ones I can think of have bought or sold and moved on...maybe we filled a temporary need for them? I think it's similar to what happened to my bunco group we started 28 years ago...there were the 'originals' a group of 6 or 7 moms who started getting together, first at a park, when our kids were young, then it went to that and bunco once a month. We had many moms come and go over the years..some stayed longer than others..but now as the kids have grown and some have kids of their own, we still have some of our original moms...5 or 6 that I can think of offhand.

The moms that came and went, well I guess we filled a need they had at the time..

Does that make sense? If I get time later today, I will hunt some of them down and send them a message and see if they will at least come back and let us know what is happening with them.

Anyway, I am not going anywhere...I think between the few of us on here regularly, we have plenty of stories share, laugh and cry at..hugs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate