Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 08:13 PM

183 posts, read 686,117 times

Advertisements

Ugh...the house we have a contingency on (ie my dream house) has another offer on it. We have 24 hour right of first refusal. I am so upset. We had an offer of $20,000 under our asking price on our home. It would be a huge financial hit for us to take the offer, and it kills me. It kills me to know that my dream house is within reach, but i can't have it. I feel sick.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:40 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Ugh...the house we have a contingency on (ie my dream house) has another offer on it. We have 24 hour right of first refusal. I am so upset. We had an offer of $20,000 under our asking price on our home. It would be a huge financial hit for us to take the offer, and it kills me. It kills me to know that my dream house is within reach, but i can't have it. I feel sick.
I just jumped on and saw your post.Is there no way you can take that $20,000 hit on your house so you can take the contingency off?

Old 11-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I just jumped on and saw your post.Is there no way you can take that $20,000 hit on your house so you can take the contingency off?

I wish! We wouldn't have enough $$$ for closing costs

Old 11-27-2008, 08:58 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
I wish! We wouldn't have enough $$$ for closing costs

Can you counter on the offer on your home so you do not have to take a $20,000 hit ? If you can counter for what the closing costs on your dream home will be. Or did you reject the offer flat out.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:00 PM

We were never given a "formal" offer, is was more like the agent was just feeling us out. I can't imagine that the owners of the home that we have a contingency on would be willing to wait and see if our closing went thru (even if we did agree to sell at $20,000 less than asking) Thoughts?
?

Old 11-27-2008, 10:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
Springbean..wow...I don't know how that all works..could you possibly work the closing costs into your new loan?? That is one way you could do it.

Check with your agent and see what the deal is..and maybe your agent can check with the folks that were interested in your house..maybe you can work a deal..wish I had a better answer..

Let us know...hang tight, what is meant to be, will be. If you are meant to have that home it will work out, if not, there is another one out there...

Old 11-28-2008, 04:09 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,270,725 times
Default Anyone up?

Rats..I was so tired last night, thought I would sleep through. NOOOOO. Have a headache..must have been all that food I ate...or maybe the 2 glasses of Duckleberry Grunt wine I drank.. Our local Winery's specialty. Yum.

Well just thought I would check and see if anyone else is nuts enough to be up in the middle of the night..

Old 11-28-2008, 07:50 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,804,491 times
hey dogmom, glad to see you're still around. I'm so far behind! I have no idea what's happening with everyone. I hope things have been going well.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,442,837 times
Hey welcome back Brooke! havent seen you here in a very long long time. How are you???

Dogmom, Between turkey and wine, yup I would guess that could cause the headache! Feel better soon.

Oh Springbean I am sorry. I know how sick you are, had a similiar thing happen last yr. You have to believe that this stuff happens for a reason and I know that doesn't make it any easier for you. Who knows what is gonna happen today, your buyer may come back with more money and your dream house buyer may fall threw too. Chin up girl it will happen.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 AM

620 posts, read 1,950,477 times
Well I wonder who is out and about in our group shopping for Christmas Bargains! Supposedly, there are good ones out there. Thank goodness, my boys haven't asked for any of the "gotta have" things like they did when they were younger. They are asking for real simple things! Other than the CAR my oldest is REALLY wanting...Uhm.....NO it will NOT be happening on Christmas MORNING! LOL. Santa can't fulfill that request.

Springbean- I am sorry. You never know though! Do NOT loose hope.

Brooke- Welcome back! What is going on with you now?

Painter- Did you get "tired" on Thanksgiving? LOL.

Dogmom- Feel better! Maybe if you sleep it off.

Crazyma, Lacey, Lorrie, HDL, Niki, Hammy, and one of our best CHEERLEADERS-Judy, and everyone else is having a great day. Maybe, this weekend people will be out wanting showings and ready to make OFFERS on these homes.

We have to get these buyers into YOUR houses SOOON!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.