Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,368,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey gang.

OMG. My husband had to go to Raleigh/Durham NC last night to deal with one of their airplanes *the smaller ones*--took a 737 though through his company-----then the pilots had to do an emergency landing! The landing gear WOULD NOT come down!

They circled and circled and ambulances/fire trucks were waiting for them doing the emergency landing. Wonder if it made their local news there?? Omg. ..right after the horrendous plane crash through my hub's company..*a month tomorrow for the anniversary of the fatal crash back in Buffalo*....
I told him I was going to do the flight tracker thing---to check and see where he was and saw it wasnt landing until 1017p and went back to watching idol---omg. Then he called to tell me. He said he has a black cloud over him wherever he is! My heart skipped a few beats when he told me about the ordeal........... thank God everything is OK..*sighs
Holy crap! Thank God everyone was ok. How did they get the landing gear down to land? Did they land without it?

Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,844,780 times
NJSocks-my DH was career Coast Guard and always at sea-never home for 15 of our first 20 yrs of marriage-and he was always out on those No Atlantic rescues (or Viet Nam)-but I know your worry because I've lived it.

My BFs' have called from NJ, my kids,grands-hope to be there Sat-latest Sun.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
NJ, Your hubby had an angel looking over him! Bless your heart I know that scared the you know what out of both of you.

Many life times ago my ex drove a 40 footer for GE and as I was watching the late news they showed a semi turned over on a mountain road and a guy running down the road stopping traffic in his bvds and cowboy boots in the pouring down rain. I started laughing at the trucker and then realized it was my hubby! He called afew minutes later to "warn" me it was on the news but everyone was okay. He was in the sleeper and the partner lost control on the rain slick road.

Still haven't heard if the guy got is approval yet, so I dont think they will be here tomorrow for a showing. As for the fruit loop that was here, yea I had to bite my tongue.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,873 times
Barb, Painter and Texas.
thanks for offering my girls some of your surplus but I wouldn't know what to do with it. Funny it has never bothered me and I really have no idea who I take after. All the ladies in my family were at least a C. I am also the tallest of all of them even my daughter. 5ft5 everyone else were 5ft-5ft2inches. I think I was switched at birth. lol
My dad was 5ft6 inches as is my brother.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM

Hi Lorriem, I know who I take after, my mom. My sis is only 5' 3' the rest of us girls are 5'7' or better. So at 5'3" and having a 40DDD was awhole lot for her to carry, I cant believe she waited so long to have a reduction done, it was her 58th birthday!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Painter, that must have been so uncomfortable for your sister, wow...thats one way to lose 14 lbs eh...I am not ready for surgery, maybe some lipo, lol.

Friend of ours in SoCal just emailed me, they just booked a 7 day mexican cruise out of LA for September..should we go?? It's cheap? Can I lose weight by then? Where will I live then? Hahaha..will check with hubby, he used to work with the husband and we don't see them much any more..they are there and we are here....they have another couple going, too. maybe I can get a gang, or no..maybe not..I dunno.

I layed down for a while and now I have a headache, danngit. now to figure out dinner, danngit again.

NJ so glad DH is ok..wow did they get the landing gear down... not his time my dear..life is fragile, I am reminded of it daily just watching the news..

Painter, that crazy guy that killed all those folks in Alabama, is that near your area in the panhandle? I know friends of ours dad lives in the panhandle somewhere and when they go they fly into Dothan, Ala..and i know thats not too far from where those shootings were. wow, talk about life is fragile. they will never figure out what made that guy snap or plan it or whatever..this is a frightening world to say the least.

Ok, dogs are staring at me for dinner, I think. Dogpaw is outside or they would be all over his case..maybe I'll wait, he'll come in eventually.

Oh Painter, that drive by just shows how delirous buyers are about prices..totally out of touch..Some sellers are out of touch, but I think its mostly the buyers.

You know that house we were going to buy...I noticed online this morning that the exact same model a block away, on the same street, sold Feb 9th for 177,000. We were under contract for 227,000. 50,000 less..see things work out for a reason. Then you find some in the same neighborhood for sale for close to 300,000. Same houses..so how do you buy in that market..We are waiting..

Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Hi Dogmom, Yes that crazy guy wasn't to far away, the one surviving 4 mon old baby is in the Pcola hospital and is doing fine. He killed 7 relatives and 3 strangers from little baby to his 78 yr. grandmother. The grandfather said he isn't aware of any family problems. Heartbreaking for sure. He had called the mayors office to see if there was a town hall meeting this week, just afew minutes prior to shooting everyone. They said no, not till next week, they think he would of came into the meeting but they dont know why. Just pure crazy....

The only good news here local is that they are planning to reopen the oil fields here in town, they shut them down months ago. This is a very small town and 70 people lost their jobs and should now be called back. They hit oil back in the early 70s here and made alot of poor people millionaires overnite, really pretty crazy. My place was one of the first custom homes built with oil money.

Oh well catch y'all later...

Old 03-11-2009, 08:41 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,837,174 times
Hello All ! Just to catch up and say hello. Believe it or not, I do not have DSL yet! Should have it in the next few weeks. I have finally gotten access to a computer at night through my husband. Can't read all the posts but I hope that many of you have sold and been able to move. We are settled and getting ready to work in the yard. We downsized and are loving it. Got rid of alot of stuff that we don't need.We are enjoying the Huntsville area and the mountains all around. I have turkeys and deer, herons and wildlife around. Just glad to b e with my hudsband. I think of all of you often who are still trying to sell. Just praying for our country and hoping that we will start coming out of this bad economy soon.Read some of your comments and thank you so much for your good wishes.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,719 times
Mawoods! Good to see you..when you get your DSL...get back in touch and you can catch up..

Huntsville sounds lovely..I would love to live in the country again..Can I ask, how much did you downsize? What did you do with all your stuff. DH and I need to do that if we ever buy another place..

Take care...
Barb

Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,831 times
Hi Mawoods, welcome back to camp. NJ, I'm so glad you're dh is okay. They say bad things come in threes...so maybe the plane trouble is now done for a long while, hopefully. Dogmom, glad you're hair turned out well..would have loved to see pics of you in all three dresses, but glad that you still have the original one. Would love to see a picture of you in the one you are wearing to the wedding. Lacey, would love to see you all decked out as well. Lorrie and Lacey, wishing you safe travelling and healthy hubbys. Painter, did those buyers who stopped by really think $50,000 was a valid offer for your place That's unreal. Anybody getting any showings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate