Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Barb: I know exactly what you mean about ..."some days it's easier to stay in jammies and bed"--I am so lazy these days. I'm looking forward to going back to work, believe it or not! You girls are my sanity!

Kristine: Hey girl! How are you feeling? Did the morning sickness let up? How's little ham doing?

Painter: When your realtor calls you, ask him if he knows what a telephone is, ya know that contraption that Alexander Graham Bell invented! I'm still for you!
I am doing much better, thanks for asking. My MS seems to be almost all gone which I am grateful for. I can eat again and have not thrown up for a week!!!!

Kristine

Old 03-16-2009, 01:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Hey all- busy busy= trying to get the bathroom back to normal

Hammy- glad to hear the uckeys are getting better!

Lorrie & lacey- good to hear your trips are going well! have fun and enjoy

Barb- please tell me the weather will be good by May when we come out to WA to see DD! don't know if she had snow this weekend

Painter- will had to send another shipment of buyer spankings your way and a spanking for the realtor!

NJ- awesome about your DD- will have to check the mag out when I go back out!

Niki- oh that rain really puts a cramp on housekeeping- makes me lazy!

Off to git'er done haha

Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey all- busy busy= trying to get the bathroom back to normal

Hammy- glad to hear the uckeys are getting better!

Lorrie & lacey- good to hear your trips are going well! have fun and enjoy

Barb- please tell me the weather will be good by May when we come out to WA to see DD! don't know if she had snow this weekend

Painter- will had to send another shipment of buyer spankings your way and a spanking for the realtor!

NJ- awesome about your DD- will have to check the mag out when I go back out!

Niki- oh that rain really puts a cramp on housekeeping- makes me lazy!

Off to git'er done haha
Sara..I can't promise anything with this weather, but my guess is that at the end of May it should be, shall we say, not so cold and wet? Oh and she did have snow, I saw on the news they got pounded...

We are alternating between a little sun and rain, its up to 46 whoo hoo..we went to Olympia today, had a mammogram and spine and neck xrays..I am xrayed out...got a burger and high tailed it home..DH drove me, I barely drive anymore, sad huh. I can drive, I just get fuzzy sometimes and better to not head into the big city of Oly by myself..

Tried to pick up around here some this morning, made a trail for me to walk in my bedroom, boxes, clothes..too much stuff..I think tomorrow I will get up and start going through the closet and getting rid of stuff..I am never going to be a size 10 or a medium ever again so why keep it..plus a lot of it is from when I worked and its been 4 years..out with it. someone else can enjoy, maybe I can get it to a women's shelter instead of just goodwill..

Ok, going to put my head back a bit..later campers!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Hi everyone,

Spoke with my realtor yesterday about relisting. The good news, she says that contracts/sales are picking up in the area. The bad news, she suggests we list for $340,000. The house was listed at $379,000 last year. Her commission is also up from 4% to 5%, as she is working for a different agency. That's $17,000, yikes. A down the street neighbor was listed for $339,000 and just sold for $318,000. It's not comparing apples to apples, but will still be used as a comp. I'm so bummed out. Oh well, maybe we'll stick around here for awhile longer, and have the house totally paid off in about 4 more years, or maybe we'll just cash in our chips and move on. My dh and I are both conflicted about it.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:46 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Tambre, wow...wish I had an answer for you...Painter and I have no clue what we are doing either..its a crapshoot I guess..go with your heart and your gut..

Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Tambre, I know how you feel. we are $45,000 less than what we listed for last year. It was hard to swallow but we had do it. Think about what's best for you and DH and how it important it is to move.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Barb - I am so sorry to hear of your pain.

Painer - I have never heard of a REO being closed on the weekends. Ours are open Saturday and Sunday. That is when they are the busiest. That is just horrible practice to be closed on a Saturday!

Lacey - good to hear you made it! Have a great time at the wedding!

Kristine

Ours was also closed on the weekends in FL. In Ca that was never the case.Here in NC the furniture stores are closed on Sundays. Who buys furniture during the week. When I sold furniture our best sale days were Sat and Sun. We all had to work on the weekends it was that busy.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Here is the b.s. story as the follow up. Spoke to my agent, who had a dozen apologies. Said he never heard from the people till Sat. late when they called and said they were ready to write an offer. YEP, they went on their own and looked at the other house, closer to town, and they had their kid crawl threw the firebox to get in an unlock the door for them! That is breaking and entering, and to use a 5 yr old to boot....any way this house was reduced a couple of days after mind to the same price, but without any updates, ect. NOW get this they offered 80k less than listed and want a rent to own for 2 yrs and THEN owner financing for 7 yrs! My agent is beside himself...so he didn't even push them to come see mind, they cant get financing is my guess. I have to say anyone who would take a deal like that is crazy and desearves to get screwed. Not a happy camper here at all, although we had someone out front again today looking.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

Spoke with my realtor yesterday about relisting. The good news, she says that contracts/sales are picking up in the area. The bad news, she suggests we list for $340,000. The house was listed at $379,000 last year. Her commission is also up from 4% to 5%, as she is working for a different agency. That's $17,000, yikes. A down the street neighbor was listed for $339,000 and just sold for $318,000. It's not comparing apples to apples, but will still be used as a comp. I'm so bummed out. Oh well, maybe we'll stick around here for awhile longer, and have the house totally paid off in about 4 more years, or maybe we'll just cash in our chips and move on. My dh and I are both conflicted about it.

When we sold last year we lost $22,000 from what we paid for it in 04 not to mention everthing we did to fix it and the pool up another $25,000. That house is now worth $29,000 less then what we sold it for. Scary since we had bough another home at the time and I told hubby we had enough money for the FL home to stay on the market for 3 years. I would be in such a manic state now since it is a year and 5 mos since we bought the NC home. I will never do something stupid like that again.Not in this market. We had done the same thing in 78 when we moved from FL to CA and got a bridge loan then . We were young then and the FL home sold at that time the same month our 1st mortgage payment was due on our CA home.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:36 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
I know how you all feel, mine is down 86k in a yr. So much for paying cash on the next one, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate