Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
The Natasha Richardson news really has me unnerved. I ski and always without a helmet. This is so sad. She is such a talented, classy and beautiful woman. My prayers go out to her family.
OMG. Me too Tex.....How sad..I kept hearing snipits of it...She got up off the ground,signed a waiver that she didnt want medical help??? I know she was flown back from Canada to NYC --they said you have to catch it right off and get help immediately--the swelling and subdural hematoma started in the back of her brain? Poor thing. How sad.

I never wore a helmet either skiing....I guess after Sonny Bono and Michael Kennedy...........freak accidents.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:51 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
Default Roxy!

She's a chug

Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Hi all just a quick pop in, we have a showing at 5:00, and had one on Saturday. I should have Johnathan till Friday or Saturday and then he goes home to his Grandma. I am glad and sad at the same time! I hope all is well and you guys have a lot of sold homes while I was gone! I miss talking to you all and have a lot of catching up to do!! TC and GB!!!
Best of luck on your showing Judy! How's Bobby doing this week? Johnathan is really going to miss you!
Heres some pixie dust for the showing...

Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OMG. Me too Tex.....How sad..I kept hearing snipits of it...She got up off the ground,signed a waiver that she didnt want medical help??? I know she was flown back from Canada to NYC --they said you have to catch it right off and get help immediately--the swelling and subdural hematoma started in the back of her brain? Poor thing. How sad.

I never wore a helmet either skiing....I guess after Sonny Bono and Michael Kennedy...........freak accidents.
I haven't been skiing for 2 Winters now--makes me think about all the nasty falls I've taken. My "military neck" is thought to be from an old skiing injury. How precious life is. My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.

Natasha dear,

YouTube - Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain

Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
She's a chug
How cute! What is her name?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hey campers..spent most of the day doing NOTHING. never even got dressed, one of those days I just needed to sleep, I guess. I think some of it is boredom, there isn't much to do here and I get so cramped up I just go crawl in bed and sleep it off, lol. The 'claw' woke me up at 4 this morning, gee I hate that, I will be glad when we get a house and can put a doggie door in and these canines can come and go as they please...

Judy, great news about the showings, whoo hoo! Maybe things are picking up? I hope so..a lot of the homes I am 'watching' are seemingly getting snapped up. I heard that interest rate may drop to 4.5 next week...that has to be motivating some of these buyers...it motivates me..if only dogpaw and I could decide where to plunk that money..

NJ, I have never been to New York City, on my bucket list of things to do before I go to the great beyond...I can picture you walking in the city, eating BROWNIES or CUPCAKES, doing a little window shopping with dd.. I will get there one day...the only place we have been on the east coast is Boston, about 3 years ago, spent a few days, went to a ballgame at Fenway, I can cross that off my bucket list, did that..lol..ate lobster rolls in Maine..Have been to Charleston SC for an overnight going on a cruise.. and several spots in Florida..but thats about it..

So sad about Natasha Richardson, what a beautiful woman she was, probably inside and out...and two young sons...this is where that life is not fair thing comes into play. My husband really cracked his head on the ice about 15 years ago while we were sledding..I mean bad..he would not let me take him to emergency, we were with a group of friends for the weekend. he was so sick, he had a concussion. My girlfriend and I still talk about hearing his head hit the ice. He got lucky I guess. You never know...you don't seem to see a lot of skiers and snowboarders with helmets, probably a good idea, but then again, well I am not a skier so I should not even speculate...anyway, its a tragedy and so sad...God bless Natasha

I did watch some of that hearing this morning..holy cow..I think they are all guilty...I can't figure out why Liddy is working for nothing..what's in it for him? Sounds like a huge headache to come out of retirement..maybe it's an ego thing? I dunno...

Well, back to TV for a while..ciao for now!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I haven't been skiing for 2 Winters now--makes me think about all the nasty falls I've taken. My "military neck" is thought to be from an old skiing injury. How precious life is. My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.

Natasha dear,

YouTube - Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain
That is beautiful Texas.
What a tragic loss of a talented woman, a daughter ,a wife and a mother. She will be missed by so many. I feel so sorry for her family and her mom. One should never out live their children.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
She's a chug
What a cutie she is. When did you get her?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
My daughter named her Roxy. She's a 1 year old "chug" which is a pug/chi mix. She's a great dog. Not hyper, affectionate, and seems to be very smart. We just got her on Sunday.

I saw something on TV about rates under 5%. I hope that helps both sellers and buyers. The waiting game is frustrating to say the least.

Dogmom, I would love to stay in pj's for a day.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Roxy, that's a great name...she is adorable..

I would prefer to not hang out in my jammas and robe, but some days thats the way it is..now I will get up and showered and moving tomorrow morning to go to the tan place again..went yesterday..need some color on me before I put on that sleeveless gown at the wedding..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate